Toxicity has been an issue in all multiplayer games with the ability to communicate freely. We understand that Blitz is no exception to the rule and we aim to create an environment that fosters positive experience and not toxicity. In order to help move us towards that goal we are constantly looking at the data and listening to your feedback. A constant in both cases has been that General Chat is a source of toxicity and negative experiences. After discussions with the entire team, it was determined that NA would switch off General Chat when update 2.6 is deployed.
We had several issues with General Chat:
- The space was hard to maintain and moderate effectively
- It generated a lot of customer service reports
- Some of our tools to moderate General Chat were not stable
- The toxicity that the space produced was far higher than the positive contributions coming from it
- A lot of the discussion that was happening in the space was, frankly, awful
Ultimately this lead to the decision to turn it off. Fear not, for both Clan Chat and Private Messages are still going to be available. We still want you to be able to interact with one another in the game.
We appreciate your understanding in this decision and hope this helps us create a better environment and experience for you guys!