Jump to content


false advertising


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Dan_Deerso #21 Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 28294 battles
  • 4,040
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

I never failed math  in fact I had a scholarship to iowa state because of my grades   I was in the top one half percent in the country

 

 

Sure ya did buddy, that's why you can't figure out basic probabilities.

TonnerreCadien #22 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 47180 battles
  • 2,590
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

hey I'm just sitting here drinking my johnnie walker and playing my game

 

Red or Black? Or a special label of some kind?  I'm more of a bourbon or sour mash guy, myself.

 

You get what |_Maverick_| did, right? He just multiplies the chances of you NOT winning any particular 10% chance chest, and then whatever percentage is left is the expectation that you actually did win.

 

So for any 1 chest, you have a 9/10 chance of not winning (0.9) - if you bought five chests, the chances of you not winning any of them would be (0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9) =  ca. 0.59, or 59%, so your chance of winning after buying five chests is ca. 41%, etc., etc.

 


b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


Kiilu #23 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25996 battles
  • 882
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostRum_Tanker, on 04 November 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

These posts are soooo hilarious. 
Gambling = Usually Lose

 

He is right. If you look in blitz assistants the price of the gold tanks I have seen them sell them for more. Gambling = you lose

Edited by Kiilu, 04 November 2018 - 07:50 PM.

 


Kiilu #24 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25996 battles
  • 882
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

to get the helsing In a crate it said 10% chance.  to me that means that if you"re lucky you might get it earlier . otherwise that means 1 out of 10.  so if you got 10 crates you should get 1.  I bought 13 crates and I didn" get one. what kind of company is this?

 

 

You should have waited till blitz fair.

 


Kiilu #25 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25996 battles
  • 882
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostConiBear330, on 04 November 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

They did not false advertise .... it's a 10% chance each time you open a crate. It does not work that if you buy 10 then you get the tank. It's you have a 10% chance on EACH container.

 

To me if you bought the 10 crate bundle it would be a win. But I don't gamble. I know people boght one of each and won both. Some bought 2 of drac and four of the other. Ill stick to buying what I know I will get.

 


steve_523 #26 Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 6584 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

thanks guys for your input

 



chipshot07 #27 Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19909 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Steve,   Let it go man.   Let it go.   I think it’s best to spend your next gold bundle in the store and get a new premium and not waste gold on a get lucky deal.   They have this figured out and it’s in their favor.     On another note,    Bohemian Rhapsody was a darn good movie......

kidthekid01 #28 Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

    #1 Stupidest Player NA

  • Players
  • 12191 battles
  • 357
  • [VALOR]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015
http://forum.wotblit...c/99895-crates/

Hobbies: Switching my avatar to a low battle avatar and pretending to be a nub


VelociTanker #29 Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15846 battles
  • 567
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

I'm not a gambler

 

Yes you are. With crates you can literally buy 1 million crates and still have a chance you won't get the tank. ODDS are against that happening but there is a CHANCE. Welcome to adulting.

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills  / T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov replay on Mines

5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

 

 


oicram1 #30 Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 43317 battles
  • 983
  • [DEF_4]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014
Welcome to gambling 101.

 

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

 

 


_Kase #31 Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

    Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

  • Players
  • 39135 battles
  • 3,090
  • [ACHOO]
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I'm not a gambler

 

:teethhappy: ok 

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

 

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)


_Kase #32 Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

  • Players
  • 39135 battles
  • 3,090
  • [ACHOO]
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

 

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)


little_brother_of_war #33 Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

    ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

  • Players
  • 16451 battles
  • 2,184
  • [FROST]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

what a jerk u r    lol  im a hard working dish network installer    do u realy have to post that youre in the police training department ?  what is that suppose to mean anyway?

Ohhhhhh. Oh, geez...

:facepalm:

 

 

 


Old cowboy saying #1...

”Welp...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Old cowboy saying #2...

”If it bothers you so much, why go on and on about it?”

>>>============> anet’sodi’ <============<<<


CrazyHunter13 #34 Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:09 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7214 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013

View Poststeve_523, on 04 November 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

to get the helsing In a crate it said 10% chance.  to me that means that if you"re lucky you might get it earlier . otherwise that means 1 out of 10.  so if you got 10 crates you should get 1.  I bought 13 crates and I didn" get one. what kind of company is this?

 

 

10% doesn't mean guaranteed 1 out of 10 crates will yield the tank




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users