leather leathercraft leatherworking

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I'm thinking about getting into Leathercraft -- any of you guys/gals work with Leather?

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Zuke76 #2 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15350 battles
  • [SR-71]
I don't but good luck, sound fun

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

NICKEL_AND_DIME #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 50708 battles
  • [III]
I like leather jackets, but that's about it.  I do have a friend who recently got into leathercraft, and the photos he posts look pretty cool.  I'm not much help otherwise.

richdubz #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13044 battles
  • [SEMPF]
I’m very familiar with the World of Leathercraft.  You’ll love it.  The dominatrix orcs are especially fun to play, but the elf submissives are just a bore.  Have fun!

MudkipAtWar #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 18922 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Postrichdubz, on 06 November 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

I’m very familiar with the World of Leathercraft.  You’ll love it.  The dominatrix orcs are especially fun to play, but the elf submissives are just a bore.  Have fun!

I dont think thats quite what he had in mind...

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

The ship is sinking

Time to find another boat

Rest in piece FLEET

FussyRude #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3022 battles
  • [PJGE]
I had 5 snake leather rolls in my room, I need use them.
#LoveLuchs

Way_over_my_head #7 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38757 battles
  • [NUTTS]

Privet Boris,

I've been doing small leather projects for a long time, I'm not fantastic or anything but enjoy it a lot. Most of my personal effects are my own making, wallet, watch bands, brief cases, bags, etc. I particularly enjoy leather carving (tapping out the leather designs with tools for the image/pattern stuff), it's very cathartic. it takes a lot of time but very rewarding and you will be amazed at how long your creations last. I make a lot of gifts for wife/relatives, I made my wife a purse like 10 years ago and it's the only thing she uses, and it looks better with every year as it distresses (kinda like me except the looking better part)

I've used Tandy for supplies, there's others, and they can be pricey, but a great source for a complete line of stuff like tools, kits, dyes and what not (https://www.tandyleather.com/)

-mir

Edited by Way_over_my_head, 07 November 2018 - 02:40 AM.

Have you seen the chart? It's a helluva start
It could be made into a monster, If we all pull together as a team

richdubz #8 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13044 battles
  • [SEMPF]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 06 November 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I dont think thats quite what he had in mind...

Well, this is awkward.

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:46 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostWay_over_my_head, on 06 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Privet Boris,

I've been doing small leather projects for a long time, I'm not fantastic or anything but enjoy it a lot. Most of my personal effects are my own making, wallet, watch bands, brief cases, bags, etc. I particularly enjoy leather carving (tapping out the leather designs with tools for the image/pattern stuff), it's very cathartic. it takes a lot of time but very rewarding and you will be amazed at how long your creations last. I make a lot of gifts for wife/relatives, I made my wife a purse like 10 years ago and it's the only thing she uses, and it looks better with every year as it distresses (kinda like me except the looking better part)

I've used Tandy for supplies, there's others, and they can be pricey, but a great source for a complete line of stuff like tools, kits, dyes and what not (https://www.tandyleather.com/)

-mir

Yeah, that’s the stuff I want to do

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

outersketcher #10 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12389 battles
  • [COD-R]

I've done a little work in leather.. but all self-taught stuff. Mostly to make costumes and things like that. When I was 18, I made a helmet out of stressed leather, iron rings, several rabbit furs, a surplus army helmet, and a sun-bleached horse pelvis that I liberated from a secluded valley deep in Wyoming.

I learned that sawing and drilling through bone yields one of the most disgusting smells I've ever experienced. And that you get a stronger, and longer lasting seem sewn with leather string, then you do with steel wire.

Edited by outersketcher, 07 November 2018 - 09:52 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users