Jump to content


Leathercraft - anyone?

leather leathercraft leatherworking

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 22815 battles
  • 7,513
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

I'm thinking about getting into Leathercraft -- any of you guys/gals work with Leather?

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Zuke76 #2 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

    Zuke le grand

  • Players
  • 16317 battles
  • 2,358
  • Member since:
    06-25-2017
I don't but good luck, sound fun

NICKEL_AND_DIME #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Insufficient Loyalty

  • Players
  • 51870 battles
  • 1,776
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
I like leather jackets, but that's about it.  I do have a friend who recently got into leathercraft, and the photos he posts look pretty cool.  I'm not much help otherwise.


richdubz #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14982 battles
  • 749
  • [SEMPF]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
I’m very familiar with the World of Leathercraft.  You’ll love it.  The dominatrix orcs are especially fun to play, but the elf submissives are just a bore.  Have fun!

 


MudkipAtWar #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

    T1 best heavy tank

  • Players
  • 20910 battles
  • 1,461
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015

View Postrichdubz, on 06 November 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

I’m very familiar with the World of Leathercraft.  You’ll love it.  The dominatrix orcs are especially fun to play, but the elf submissives are just a bore.  Have fun!

 

I dont think thats quite what he had in mind...

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

 

 


FussyRude #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4007 battles
  • 512
  • [PJGE]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018
I had 5 snake leather rolls in my room, I need use them.
#LoveLuchs

Way_over_my_head #7 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:38 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41804 battles
  • 229
  • [NUTTS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

Privet Boris,

I've been doing small leather projects for a long time, I'm not fantastic or anything but enjoy it a lot. Most of my personal effects are my own making, wallet, watch bands, brief cases, bags, etc. I particularly enjoy leather carving (tapping out the leather designs with tools for the image/pattern stuff), it's very cathartic. it takes a lot of time but very rewarding and you will be amazed at how long your creations last. I make a lot of gifts for wife/relatives, I made my wife a purse like 10 years ago and it's the only thing she uses, and it looks better with every year as it distresses (kinda like me except the looking better part)

 

I've used Tandy for supplies, there's others, and they can be pricey, but a great source for a complete line of stuff like tools, kits, dyes and what not (https://www.tandyleather.com/)

-mir


Edited by Way_over_my_head, 07 November 2018 - 02:40 AM.

_______________________________________________________

Have you seen the chart? It's a helluva start
It could be made into a monster, If we all pull together as a team


richdubz #8 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:44 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14982 battles
  • 749
  • [SEMPF]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 06 November 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

I dont think thats quite what he had in mind...

 

Well, this is awkward.

 


BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:46 AM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 22815 battles
  • 7,513
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostWay_over_my_head, on 06 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Privet Boris,

I've been doing small leather projects for a long time, I'm not fantastic or anything but enjoy it a lot. Most of my personal effects are my own making, wallet, watch bands, brief cases, bags, etc. I particularly enjoy leather carving (tapping out the leather designs with tools for the image/pattern stuff), it's very cathartic. it takes a lot of time but very rewarding and you will be amazed at how long your creations last. I make a lot of gifts for wife/relatives, I made my wife a purse like 10 years ago and it's the only thing she uses, and it looks better with every year as it distresses (kinda like me except the looking better part)

 

I've used Tandy for supplies, there's others, and they can be pricey, but a great source for a complete line of stuff like tools, kits, dyes and what not (https://www.tandyleather.com/)

-mir

 

Yeah, that’s the stuff I want to do

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


outersketcher #10 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12710 battles
  • 3,045
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016

I've done a little work in leather.. but all self-taught stuff. Mostly to make costumes and things like that. When I was 18, I made a helmet out of stressed leather, iron rings, several rabbit furs, a surplus army helmet, and a sun-bleached horse pelvis that I liberated from a secluded valley deep in Wyoming.

 

I learned that sawing and drilling through bone yields one of the most disgusting smells I've ever experienced. And that you get a stronger, and longer lasting seem sewn with leather string, then you do with steel wire.


Edited by outersketcher, 07 November 2018 - 09:52 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...


Gojira5475 #11 Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34105 battles
  • 1,861
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016
Not really seriously but I have made attempts to make knife sheathes a couple times,nowadays one's better off using kydex for knife scabbards or gun holsters,leather is more for looks then use.

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 22815 battles
  • 7,513
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostWay_over_my_head, on 06 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Privet Boris,

I've been doing small leather projects for a long time, I'm not fantastic or anything but enjoy it a lot. Most of my personal effects are my own making, wallet, watch bands, brief cases, bags, etc. I particularly enjoy leather carving (tapping out the leather designs with tools for the image/pattern stuff), it's very cathartic. it takes a lot of time but very rewarding and you will be amazed at how long your creations last. I make a lot of gifts for wife/relatives, I made my wife a purse like 10 years ago and it's the only thing she uses, and it looks better with every year as it distresses (kinda like me except the looking better part)

 

I've used Tandy for supplies, there's others, and they can be pricey, but a great source for a complete line of stuff like tools, kits, dyes and what not (https://www.tandyleather.com/)

-mir

 

View Postoutersketcher, on 07 November 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

I've done a little work in leather.. but all self-taught stuff. Mostly to make costumes and things like that. When I was 18, I made a helmet out of stressed leather, iron rings, several rabbit furs, a surplus army helmet, and a sun-bleached horse pelvis that I liberated from a secluded valley deep in Wyoming.

 

I learned that sawing and drilling through bone yields one of the most disgusting smells I've ever experienced. And that you get a stronger, and longer lasting seem sewn with leather string, then you do with steel wire.

 

View PostGojira5475, on 23 November 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Not really seriously but I have made attempts to make knife sheathes a couple times,nowadays one's better off using kydex for knife scabbards or gun holsters,leather is more for looks then use.

 

https://imgur.com/gallery/fbiT5cK

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Way_over_my_head #13 Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:35 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41804 battles
  • 229
  • [NUTTS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015
Nice man! I especially like the curved knife case with the reddish tanning. 
_______________________________________________________

Have you seen the chart? It's a helluva start
It could be made into a monster, If we all pull together as a team


BorisBaddenov #14 Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 22815 battles
  • 7,513
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostWay_over_my_head, on 17 February 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Nice man! I especially like the curved knife case with the reddish tanning. 

 

Thanks!

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


acrisis #15 Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20273 battles
  • 10,219
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

:great: 

Approved. Great job on those!  

 

I had an older couple in the family, back in the day, who were great with leather, shoes, briefcases, satchels, etc.

It is now nearly a lost art really, of creating durable functional items the way mankind has done it, for who knows how many generations. 


 

  (+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  
 
Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users