The battle team information should be improved in this way

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

zeropercenter #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

1. Show the tank's battle count and winrate for the green team player. (Also in tab info during battle) 

Tank battle count is indicated by the text color of the tank's name.

e.g. gray = less than 10 battles

white = 10-20 battles

light green = 20-50 battles

dark green = 50-100 battles

blue = 100-200 battles

pink = 200-500 battles

purple = 500-1000 battles

orange = above 1000 battles

Tank winrate is displayed only after the player has 20 battles in this tank.

This will encourage good players to be more effective when giving instructions and strategies.

This will prevent trolls from messing with a good call.

This will help poor players learn faster.

This will reduce stats query network traffic when players check the stats of a player at the end of the battle.

This will encourage players to play those "low battle count high stats" tanks in the garage.

2. Red team's tanks should be hidden on the battle entry page.

And during the battle only the red team's tanks are displayed on the tab, without the ids.

This will prevent trolls yoloing some player with nonsense thus improve the experience of all players.

I doubt wg is going to implement this because this will reveal the rigged mm somehow.

4sfield #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]

What about the >10k battle guys that are under 50%? Do you want them dictating direction in your matches? 

Here’s an idea, 1, how about everyone pay attention to what clans and players are good by actually paying attention to what goes on during their matches? And B, how about learning something about retaining information after playing so as to learn maps and metas?

If someone doesn’t know which what way to go on every map they should just stfu and follow the team instead of calling town. It takes about no effort to apply yourself to those 2 things. Guys that can’t do that need to stop whining. You have to 1st listen before you can learn, if they are t willing to do that then they’re not interested enough to improve and probably aren’t going to stick around long anyway.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postzeropercenter, on 08 November 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

1. Show the tank's battle count and winrate for the green team player. (Also in tab info during battle) 

Tank battle count is indicated by the text color of the tank's name.

e.g. gray = less than 10 battles

white = 10-20 battles

light green = 20-50 battles

dark green = 50-100 battles

blue = 100-200 battles

pink = 200-500 battles

purple = 500-1000 battles

orange = above 1000 battles

Tank winrate is displayed only after the player has 20 battles in this tank.

This will encourage good players to be more effective when giving instructions and strategies.

This will prevent trolls from messing with a good call.

This will help poor players learn faster.

This will reduce stats query network traffic when players check the stats of a player at the end of the battle.

This will encourage players to play those "low battle count high stats" tanks in the garage.

2. Red team's tanks should be hidden on the battle entry page.

And during the battle only the red team's tanks are displayed on the tab, without the ids.

This will prevent trolls yoloing some player with nonsense thus improve the experience of all players.

I doubt wg is going to implement this because this will reveal the rigged mm somehow.

This will encourage good players to be more effective when giving instructions and strategies. - How does this encourage anyone to be more effective?

This will prevent trolls from messing with a good call. Actually - this gives trolls a target - or multiple targets

This will help poor players learn faster.  Explain how this will help a player learn faster -- to make them learn faster you need to give them a sense of "give a care"  Your idea fails to do that.

This will reduce stats query network traffic when players check the stats of a player at the end of the battle.  [edited]

This will encourage players to play those "low battle count high stats" tanks in the garage. How?  It wont make me play any tanks I dont want to play - and it wont stop me from playing the tanks I do want to play.

Finally -- please explain in detail - what you mean when you say the MM is 'rigged'.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

zeropercenter #4 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Post4sfield, on 08 November 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

What about the >10k battle guys that are under 50%? Do you want them dictating direction in your matches? 

1. I mentioned the "tank" battle count and the "tank" winrate. You will find that >10k battles in a tank is rare.

2. He sucks as average 50%ers. It is time for you unicum guys to jump out and correct him (if there is one).

3. Dictating direction or not has nothing to do with showing tank effectiveness beside their names.

4. Even the 70%ers can have 40% tanks that they suck, although rare if it has more than 1000 battle.

View Post4sfield, on 08 November 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Here’s an idea, 1, how about everyone pay attention to what clans and players are good by actually paying attention to what goes on during their matches? And B, how about learning something about retaining information after playing so as to learn maps and metas?

If someone doesn’t know which what way to go on every map they should just stfu and follow the team instead of calling town. It takes about no effort to apply yourself to those 2 things. Guys that can’t do that need to stop whining. You have to 1st listen before you can learn, if they are t willing to do that then they’re not interested enough to improve and probably aren’t going to stick around long anyway.

1. The fact that you need good stats to get into a good clan does not mean you are actually good in every tank.

2. Over half of the players you met in the mm have no clue about clan names.

3. Most players do not pay attention to what goes on. But they do care a fancy number/color on their names.

4. This is a suggestion for the game not an advice for the player. 

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

You have 25 battles .. no wonder you have bad ideas.

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

4sfield #6 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]

It’s not the good player’s fault that the bad ones suck. It’s not the responsibility of the good players to communicate with the team either. There is a limited amount of time available to do any communication at the start of a match, being effective at it is as simple as calling left or right.

The intangibles all revolve around the nubs. The biggest one being that they don’t listen, you assume they don’t because they don’t know who they are listening to. That is not true. 

They don’t listen because they are stupid, they don’t care and they haven’t learned anything. It’s as simple as that. They 1st have to shoulder some responsibility and be self accountable for their play to be effective. HTF is adding what you described going to help them do that?

FREE _stealy!!!

zeropercenter #7 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

This will encourage good players to be more effective when giving instructions and strategies. - How does this encourage anyone to be more effective?

This does not encourage the effectiveness of a player but the effectiveness of calling directions.

This will prevent trolls from messing with a good call. Actually - this gives trolls a target - or multiple targets

The trolls here means those trolls on the green team who call random directions.

This will help poor players learn faster.  Explain how this will help a player learn faster -- to make them learn faster you need to give them a sense of "give a care"  Your idea fails to do that.

You are right they are hopeless anyway. It will give the references for those who wish to see how a particular tank perform by performance level/position etc... e.g. it will give information how often a 50% maus player goes town in middleburg. You can do this anyway after battle by reading their stats, which most players won't do. However if you put this information alongside their name, it will be more informative.

This will encourage players to play those "low battle count high stats" tanks in the garage. How?  It wont make me play any tanks I dont want to play - and it wont stop me from playing the tanks I do want to play.

Look at those unicums with 100 battles in some tank. Do you know why they do this?

zeropercenter #8 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Peace-

Boris

I will ignore the clueless.

zeropercenter #9 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles
FYI It has already been implemented in some replay system of wg pc version.

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postzeropercenter, on 08 November 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

This does not encourage the effectiveness of a player but the effectiveness of calling directions.

The trolls here means those trolls on the green team who call random directions.

You are right they are hopeless anyway. It will give the references for those who wish to see how a particular tank perform by performance level/position etc... e.g. it will give information how often a 50% maus player goes town in middleburg. You can do this anyway after battle by reading their stats, which most players won't do. However if you put this information alongside their name, it will be more informative.

Look at those unicums with 100 battles in some tank. Do you know why they do this?

This does not encourage the effectiveness of a player but the effectiveness of calling directions. How though?   How does my 'name' in some color - with my WR behind it - make me better at calling directions?   Fact  - the color of font in which my name is printed, and/or showing my WR will NOT make me more effective at calling directions.  Experience will do that.

The trolls here means those trolls on the green team who call random directions. Exactly my point - put my name in colors, show my WR - and boom -- Troll food.

You are right they are hopeless anyway. It will give the references for those who wish to see how a particular tank perform by performance level/position etc... e.g. it will give information how often a 50% maus player goes town in middleburg. You can do this anyway after battle by reading their stats, which most players won't do. However if you put this information alongside their name, it will be more informative. Not really

Look at those unicums with 100 battles in some tank. Do you know why they do this? Of course I know why they stop at 100 battles.   It has to do with getting your tank 'ranked' among other drivers.

Still a bad idea -

Boris

BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22640 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postzeropercenter, on 08 November 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

I will ignore the clueless.

And I will ignore those with 25 battles, for they are truly clueless.

Peace-

Boris

zeropercenter #12 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

This does not encourage the effectiveness of a player but the effectiveness of calling directions. How though?   How does my 'name' in some color - with my WR behind it - make me better at calling directions?   Fact  - the color of font in which my name is printed, and/or showing my WR will NOT make me more effective at calling directions.  Experience will do that.

You said experience will do that. WR is correlated with experience.

The trolls here means those trolls on the green team who call random directions. Exactly my point - put my name in colors, show my WR - and boom -- Troll food.

What is your logic? It is a good thing to spot a troll on the green team.

You are right they are hopeless anyway. It will give the references for those who wish to see how a particular tank perform by performance level/position etc... e.g. it will give information how often a 50% maus player goes town in middleburg. You can do this anyway after battle by reading their stats, which most players won't do. However if you put this information alongside their name, it will be more informative. Not really

It is a U problem.

Look at those unicums with 100 battles in some tank. Do you know why they do this? Of course I know why they stop at 100 battles.   It has to do with getting your tank 'ranked' among other drivers.

Then my point is to fk these guys stats.

zeropercenter #13 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

And I will ignore those with 25 battles, for they are truly clueless.

Peace-

Boris

I am a serious troll and you are a troll as well.

zeropercenter #14 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Post4sfield, on 08 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

It’s not the good player’s fault that the bad ones suck. It’s not the responsibility of the good players to communicate with the team either. There is a limited amount of time available to do any communication at the start of a match, being effective at it is as simple as calling left or right.

The intangibles all revolve around the nubs. The biggest one being that they don’t listen, you assume they don’t because they don’t know who they are listening to. That is not true. 

They don’t listen because they are stupid, they don’t care and they haven’t learned anything. It’s as simple as that. They 1st have to shoulder some responsibility and be self accountable for their play to be effective. HTF is adding what you described going to help them do that?

Again this is not a suggestion for the player.

GentleNova #15 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22969 battles
  • [FABLE]

While I agree with the basic premise of this post, I don’t with the details of it.

Yes, if people want to learn tacitly via observing and listening to a veteran player, they have to know who the veteran players are.

But no, it doesn’t need to be this convoluted in detail. A simple symbol or icon added beside certain names would suffice (and I’ll let WGing or the community decide how that is rated).

Until Wargaming does this, do as 4sfield recommends and learn which clans are good, thus making the clan abbreviation the designator to watch for. But to do this, it means becoming more aware of what’s going on (ie watching and analyzing the team compositions before the battle starts). And that is how you get better at the game, continually increasing your awareness of what’s going on around you.

X: Obj 263*, T110E4, T110E3, FV215b 183 / IX: SU-122-54*, T-54*, ST-I, IS-8, Jagdtiger

VIII: Type 59*, IS-6*, Löwe*, T34*, T26E4, Tiger II / VII: SU-122-44*, Comet*, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62, VK 30.02 D*, E25*

zeropercenter #16 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostGentleNova, on 08 November 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

While I agree with the basic premise of this post, I don’t with the details of it.

Yes, if people want to learn tacitly via observing and listening to a veteran player, they have to know who the veteran players are.

But no, it doesn’t need to be this convoluted in detail. A simple symbol or icon added beside certain names would suffice (and I’ll let WGing or the community decide how that is rated).

Until Wargaming does this, do as 4sfield recommends and learn which clans are good, thus making the clan abbreviation the designator to watch for. But to do this, it means becoming more aware of what’s going on (ie watching and analyzing the team compositions before the battle starts). And that is how you get better at the game, continually increasing your awareness of what’s going on around you.

It does not have to be like this (But needs to be better than the current honor system). I don't think that putting a WR number there is the best idea either. However the battle count information can be made into tank icons.

This is all about information. Some people might know how to make use of this information.

On the other hand, a lot of good players feel cancerous when the red tunnelling and yoloing them ffs.

Edited by zeropercenter, 08 November 2018 - 09:58 PM.

Zuke76 #17 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15350 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 08 November 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Peace-

Boris

with 25 average damage per battle, fighting BOTS no less

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

zeropercenter #18 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View PostZuke76, on 08 November 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

with 25 average damage per battle, fighting BOTS no less

It is hard to get sub 20 with 0 platoon rate over 10k battles. Once in a while, there is always someone with a brain shows up on the green team.

4sfield #19 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:57 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29102 battles
  • [-1]

There is a difference between pushing the battle button then driving around trying to make something ‘splode and actually playing the game.   

The guys that do the 1st thing don’t deserve any help. If they are not invested enough mentally in the game to put effort into it, why give them any type of advantage? Some of us have worked hard at being solid players and we have to put up with whiney crybabies who want everything handed to them. 

In other words, the skrubs need to learn just like I did, stop whining and shut their worthless mouths. It doesn’t matter to me who is on my team or the red team. It doesn’t matter who calls directions, I’m going my way and calling the right direction. Guys who don’t listen get used as meat shields, it’s as simple as that. Everyone on both teams is considered equally worthless if I don’t recognize their name or their clan tag. It may seem cold but that’s how the game works and that’s how you have to look at it if you want to win more than you lose. 

The other guys can keep on pressing battle mindlessly, I’ll keep doing what I do.

FREE _stealy!!!

zeropercenter #20 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Post4sfield, on 08 November 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

There is a difference between pushing the battle button then driving around trying to make something ‘splode and actually playing the game.   

The guys that do the 1st thing don’t deserve any help. If they are not invested enough mentally in the game to put effort into it, why give them any type of advantage? Some of us have worked hard at being solid players and we have to put up with whiney crybabies who want everything handed to them. 

1. This is not called "advantage". Who is taking advantage over whom?

2. It has nothing to do with personal effort. The thing is literally there. Equivalently, you can just go back to the garage and lookup and memorize player's stats.

View Post4sfield, on 08 November 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

In other words, the skrubs need to learn just like I did, stop whining and shut their worthless mouths. It doesn’t matter to me who is on my team or the red team. It doesn’t matter who calls directions, I’m going my way and calling the right direction. Guys who don’t listen get used as meat shields, it’s as simple as that. Everyone on both teams is considered equally worthless if I don’t recognize their name or their clan tag. It may seem cold but that’s how the game works and that’s how you have to look at it if you want to win more than you lose. 

The other guys can keep on pressing battle mindlessly, I’ll keep doing what I do.

For the skill level indicators for the green team, this is what you as an individual player's thinking. You may or may not ignore their skill levels. But as a matter of fact, you may ask any other good players, about whether they take into account their team member's level. (I am not saying "who" but saying whose skill level.)

Hiding the id on the red team is a different thing. It is all about the game experience of some particular players.

Edited by zeropercenter, 09 November 2018 - 01:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users