• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

4sfield #21 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:07 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 29058 battles
  • [-1]

View Postzeropercenter, on 08 November 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

1. This is not called "advantage". Who is taking advantage over whom?

2. It has nothing to do with personal effort. The thing is literally there. Equivalently, you can just go back to the garage and lookup and memorize player's stats.

For the skill level indicators for the green team, this is what you as an individual player's thinking. You may or may not ignore their skill levels. But as a matter of fact, you may ask any other good players, about whether they take into account their team member's level. (I am not saying "who" but saying whose skill level.)

Hiding the id on the red team is a different thing. It is all about the game experience of some particular players.

I look at the mix, the clan tags and then the names of players on both sides. Then I move and may call direction based only on the map meta. After that, I watch the minimap and adapt because nobody listens and nobody plays their tank to it’s intended role. 

I don’t get hung up on who’s good on the red team, I don’t see anything but the tanks after the battle starts. I try to get involved or spot early and move to get my team mates in the game as soon as possible. A lot of times, the fight doesn’t take place where I wanted it to. 

It isn’t about just knowing who is and who isn’t good. It’s about getting something out of your team and putting yourself in the best position to put out or get your team to put out damage without taking any. It’s also about being adaptive and able to relocate where you can stop a push by the red team. You have to know maps to do those things, you have to anticipate where the reds are likely to be. You have to know where all 14 tanks are on the map at all times and you have to know how to get the most out of your vehicle. 

It has nothing to do with putting a godam icon beside a name in the battle roster or changing the color of the text.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

zeropercenter #22 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Post4sfield, on 09 November 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

It has nothing to do with putting a godam icon beside a name in the battle roster or changing the color of the text.

Sorry I will drive the is5 to the corner of Port bay when I see a good player in medium tanks on the red team.

I will target good players first. I will anticipate a cdc poke his head at cap circle of Vineyard.

I will heal who have been/will be effective in mad games, if not, I will just kill reds without healing my teammates in a WT.

These are determined largely by their skill levels. And I memorize those ids to the skill levels.

There is definitely a lot to do with such an indicator.

It is ok for someone like you to ignore all these. You can choose not to take it.

In nub's eyes: Heavies should go heavy line.

In your eyes: It is a maus it has 460 alpha and it will kill me in 2 shots.

In my eyes: This is some good player he is going to be at that bush with gun looking at that corner, so I should relocate/watch flank/push etc... 

Edited by zeropercenter, 09 November 2018 - 02:44 AM.

acrisis #23 Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20244 battles
  • [III-X]
How about, for starters, not hiding behind and ALT account? 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

zeropercenter #24 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Postacrisis, on 10 November 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

How about, for starters, not hiding behind and ALT account? 

How about not turning every thread into win rate comparison?

acrisis #25 Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20244 battles
  • [III-X]

And, where exactly did I talk about win rate this time? Let alone every time? 

You have a couple valid points, some are a strectch or flawed and wargaming has already discussed this matter repeatedly why it will not happen. It comes up about every month.

But, before I dig into the merits and demerits of every aspect, I could not help but notice that you are purposely hiding behind a brand spanking new alt account to bring us your insights while posting with a substantial negative slant ... 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

0V3RCL0CK3D_N00B #26 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 37516 battles
  • [_V_]
Focusing a Good player normally won’t get you anywhere lol. You’ll basically just make them move to a different spot. Or by tunneling and focusing you may kill them, or reduce their HP pretty low....but in the end, your dying as well. So by all means tunnel away, it tends to lead to a loss on your side anyways.

LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | PNCR Discord: xEcB9UY

Click Image for My YouTube Channel

zeropercenter #27 Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Post0V3RCL0CK3D_N00B, on 10 November 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Focusing a Good player normally won’t get you anywhere lol. You’ll basically just make them move to a different spot. Or by tunneling and focusing you may kill them, or reduce their HP pretty low....but in the end, your dying as well. So by all means tunnel away, it tends to lead to a loss on your side anyways.

​It all depends.

zeropercenter #28 Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25 battles

View Postacrisis, on 10 November 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

And, where exactly did I talk about win rate this time? Let alone every time? 

You have a couple valid points, some are a strectch or flawed and wargaming has already discussed this matter repeatedly why it will not happen. It comes up about every month.

I have read about the XVM past threads. The idea was presented with critical issues such as exposing red team's stats. But instead of improving it, they stopped and wasted all those good points. 

View Postacrisis, on 10 November 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

But, before I dig into the merits and demerits of every aspect, I could not help but notice that you are purposely hiding behind a brand spanking new alt account to bring us your insights while posting with a substantial negative slant ... 

I don't consider it as negative but defensive.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users