Tier 9 German Heavy Maus line

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

someguyfromPitt #1 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 47729 battles
  • [III]

So the tier 9 German Heavy interests me that is coming in 5.5.  On Armour inspector, and both PC and what I assume will be blitz, includes a top weak spot coupula.  They armor profile, 12.8 cm gun,  and similar weak spots to the Maus across the cheeks of the turret have very similar gameplay to the Maus. The HP pool of 2000 on Armor Inspector has it as high as some tier 10 pools. 

And less than 400 games, from tier seven to tier nine you could have the new teflon tank of tier nine. 

Is anyone else looking forward to this tank? 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Tackywheat1 #2 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:49 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11675 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 08 November 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

So the tier 9 German Heavy interests me that is coming in 5.5.  On Armour inspector, and both PC and what I assume will be blitz, includes a top weak spot coupula.  They armor profile, 12.8 cm gun,  and similar weak spots to the Maus across the cheeks of the turret have very similar gameplay to the Maus. The HP pool of 2000 on Armor Inspector has it as high as some tier 10 pools. 

And less than 400 games, from tier seven to tier nine you could have the new teflon tank of tier nine. 

Is anyone else looking forward to this tank? 

yup. can't wait to sidescrape bounce everything :D

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Stopped playing for ~3 years. Semi-inactive

Member of TRPD

WipWapJaws #3 Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:13 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 43124 battles
  • [WKD]

nope.....

then i dont like heavies all that much in gereral

Sepp_Ulrich #4 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34950 battles
  • [21DAK]
No.
The Angel of Verdun

Zuke76 #5 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:57 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 16337 battles

View PostTackywheat1, on 09 November 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

yup. can't wait to sidescrape bounce everything :D

Not sure about that considering the copula.

Dominator702 #6 Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10239 battles
  • [D33DZ]
I can’t wait for the tier 8 in the line a German super heavy with 460 Alfa at tier 8 will be fun

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

LoneWarrior_hero_1 #7 Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11891 battles
  • [UNI0N]

I bought back my Mauschen a few days ago (having previously rage sold it because of how slow it was). I initially bought it about a month ago, but after playing 13 or 14 games, sold it. It was such a pain to grind "back then" when I didn't have premium time or boosters. But since I got it back a few days ago, with the help of missions, premium time, boosters and about 30,000 free xp, I finally got it fully upgraded this morning. I can already tell the tank has improved a decent amount since when it was stock. 

The stock grind is one of the most painful I've endured thus far; though you'd kinda expect that, playing a tier 9 with 220mm of pen and 23-24 k/ph top speed. I couldn't stand how slow it was at first and therefore unlocked the engine first. The speed stays pretty much the same, but it does give a little increase to the traverse of the vehicle. Next, I researched the gun (no tier 9 that is that slow should have 220mm of pen) and the top gun is actually pretty good. Though it has the lowest DPM (2185) of any tier 9 heavy, that doesn't really matter thanks the to the play style of the tank. The top gun on this tank is the same top gun that you have on the VK 45.02B, as well as the E75. This might not mean too much now, but it will certainly help if you decide you want the E100 or VK 72.01K. Finally, I got the tracks for the tank and that too gave a nice, noticeable increase to the traverse.

I'm not gonna explain how you should play the tank, as it should be very obvious. 

As for how to play the tank, it has very, very good armor without angling and can be a beast if angled or side scraped properly. If out in the open (which you should never be in this tank) you want to angle the tank and turret at about a 57-60 degree angle and keep wiggling (especially the turret). Aside from the very moment that you fire upon the enemy, your turret should never be facing straight at the enemy. Once you fire, turn your turret to the above mentioned angle (57 or so degrees) and keep wiggling. 

As for if the line is worth the effort, that depends on your play style. Because of how slow the tanks in the line are, patience is going to be very important to success. I myself, am a very heavy oriented player and quite like big armor tanks, even if it means very some of the slowest tanks in the game. 

Though my numbers don't do a great job of reflecting so, I feel that I have a good understanding the line and what I'm doing. 

If you have any further questions are would like to platoon/play together some time, hit me up in-game. 

Good luck on the battlefield!    :izmena:

Load the skill rounds and everything will be alright

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users