Tiger (p)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23480 battles
  • [NOGUD]

I hate the Tiger (P).   I hear all the time about how OP it is.  That thing is just average.  Rate of fire is goodenov™, but I can pen anything from the front, while I get ate up.  And even when you do pen, the alpha is too low.  And don't get me started about how easy the copula is to hit.  I've been playing to to build up the 78.5k exp needed to get the new german tank when 5.5 drops.

30 Day stats:

77 games, 45% WR, 1323 ave damage

Stupid tank.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

zulton55 #2 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14874 battles
  • [_PNW_]

I have not gone up that line yet. 

From the sides they are pretty easy to pen.  There are a few weak points on the front. 

Could be, people have seen enough of them that they know the weak points.  That would mean that the player base is learning though.....

a_cookie #3 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [MAHOU]
It’s lucky it doesnt randomly bonfire lit itself in the game

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

KU_Z92 #4 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 44046 battles
  • [CHFC]

After they buffed it several updates ago, I got it and have great success in it.  It bounces shots well if you angle the iron and the gun reloads fairly quickly. Try downloading some Ace replays and see what it can do.  

It’s too bad replays get wiped with updates as I had a huge Ace win in it. I bounced a ton of shots. 

jahawa #5 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16197 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Seems my shots always bounce of the Tiger P, I like the ROF, but not the mobility.

47, 53.19, 1230. Meh.

My hate tank is the VK 30.01H. Just finished the grind to get the VK 30.02M. That was a frustrating tank. It's no better than the DW2, which is a great tank. In fact I do better low tier in DW2 than I do at same tier in the VK. It's going the way of gold as soon as it can, along with the 30.02M.

richdubz #6 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15644 battles
  • [SEMPF]

I don’t think the P is OP, but I do like to drive it anyway.

With the exception of your WR, all of your other stats are above average for the time period according to Blitzstars.  I’d say your WR is a result of your teammates not holding up their end.

Have you had an unusual number of low tier games?  I certainly have had that lately.

outersketcher #7 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12718 battles
  • [COD-R]

For me..it's the KV-2. 

You watch all the videos of the youtubers giggling while they effortlessly destroy every red they see with one shot kills. Enemy reds seem to pause on hill tops and hold still for that reticle to shrink down and the BOOOM!.  Masteries galore.. 

And everyone on the forum complains about how the tank is such a threat. 

But when I play it.

Well, first off. I can't GET anywhere fast enough. The battle roams and lurches about.. and I feel like the fat kid on the volley ball team.. "Hey guys wait up! I wanna play!"

And then when I get somewhere where I can start zeroing in on the enemy.... the reds are all intelligently hull-down or flat out not allowing themselves to remain anywhere long enough for that stupid, glacierly slow reticle to shrink. And when I DO get a tank in my reticle.. and I fire.. the stupid shot sails off into Neverland. WHAT?.. THE ENTIRE TANK WAS IN THE RETICLE! How is it POSSIBLE that my round does NOT hit??

Once in a RARE while, some fool pauses long enough for me to lay a round into him. And its fun to watch him vaporize.. but the good shots are so few and far between.. playing the KV-2 is mostly more of a headache then a pleasure.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

zulton55 #8 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14874 battles
  • [_PNW_]

View Postoutersketcher, on 09 November 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

For me..it's the KV-2. 

You watch all the videos of the youtubers giggling while they effortlessly destroy every red they see with one shot kills. Enemy reds seem to pause on hill tops and hold still for that reticle to shrink down and the BOOOM!.  Masteries galore.. 

But when I play it.

Well, first off. I can't GET anywhere fast enough. The battle roams and lurches about.. and I feel like the fat kid on the volley ball team.. "Hey guys wait up! I wanna play!"

And then when I get somewhere where I can start zeroing in on the enemy.... the reds are all intelligently hull-down or flat out not allowing themselves to remain anywhere long enough for that stupid, glacierly slow reticle to shrink. And when I DO get a tank in my reticle.. and I fire.. the stupid shot sails off into Neverland. WHAT?.. THE ENTIRE TANK WAS IN THE RETICLE! How is it POSSIBLE that my round does NOT hit??

Once in a RARE while, some fool pauses long enough for me to lay a round into him. And its fun to watch him vaporize.. but the good shots are so few and far between.. playing the KV-2 is mostly more of a headache then a pleasure.

The youtubers dont show the games where the shots go astray.

When I played mine, I found it better to not allow the aiming circle get all the way down.  about midway and let Stalin guide the shells.  And snapshots work....

Zuke76 #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17538 battles
  • [FL-TH]
Love loved it, don't know what to tell ya.

TO_Dominator #10 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9252 battles
  • [YODA_]

This thing is ridiculous. It has amazing pen at its tier (203mm) its ufp and shoulders are both 200mm thick. LFP is weak but small. Turret front is very strong, minus the cupola. The mobility is decent for a heavy tank, and excellent for a tank with its armor profile.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Bait_Car #11 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

Mr. Nice Guy

• Players
  • 49174 battles
  • [HELLS]

I don't normally give advice on how to play because I'm not that good.  With that said, I love the TIger P and have 967 battles at 64%. 

Here's how I play it:

-If I'm high tier, I lead and push with team.  Bully other tanks that you know you can bully.  Face forwards always, protect lower plate and wiggle turret so they can't pen hatch.

-If I'm low tier, I stay with other heavies, spam apcr and still do the above if the battle is getting close to the end.

Provisions=Fuel, Fuel, Chocolate

Consumables=Adrenaline, Multi Repair, Auto Fire Ext

Equipment=Gun Ram, Def Sys, Optics,Super Charge, Enhanced Armor, Imp Control, V-Stab, Enhanced Tracks, Consumable Del

Never forget that anything can pen your sides, so face forwards and slight angles work for me.

As I stated, I'm not very good, don't really know what I'm doing, but this works for me. 

In my opinion, any tank that I can consistently play at 60%+, has to be OP.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bait_Car, 09 November 2018 - 11:03 PM.

My Fun Tanks:

I-Otsu          IV-DW2      VII-IS2

II-T26          V-T67

III-T46         VI-KV1S

BorisBaddenov #12 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:03 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23480 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postrichdubz, on 09 November 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I don’t think the P is OP, but I do like to drive it anyway.

With the exception of your WR, all of your other stats are above average for the time period according to Blitzstars.  I’d say your WR is a result of your teammates not holding up their end.

Have you had an unusual number of low tier games?  I certainly have had that lately.

I dont keep track -- but it is possible.  Odd number tiers seem to end up lower tier more than not (totally anecdotal) 

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Explixiit_ #13 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19692 battles
  • [WR2]

View Postoutersketcher, on 09 November 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

For me..it's the KV-2. 

But when I play it.

i dont know how you dont like this tank. Yes it doesnt have the best aiming time, but thats because its its a fricken 152mm gun. 

It has lower mobility because its a heavy tank. It has some armor but has a hull and turret that on a hil like on hummelsdorf and copperfeilds, you can hide most of the hull and turret. And is a descent sidescraper. 

It makes up with the weaknesses with a 152mm one shot, stalin guided, missile firing gun. 

Aim; if your fireing from a distance obviously let the gun fully aim. If at decent range, let the gun fully aim-to midway, if your shootin stalin made HE. I usually aim for like 2 seconds when shooting AP. If at close range  and fighting heavys aim for a couple seconds and fire HE if you can pen, If you cant , fire AP if you STILL cant pen just splash em. 

This tank is my 2nd most played tank behind the Su-152 and infront of my speedy Ru.                               Sorry for the wall of text, i just dunno why you would hate this. 

mY fAvOr!tE kEy On mY kEyBoArD iS 2    formerly known as Akadeadlytank

Spoiler

i like changing my profile stuff a lot 

Rou_Garou #14 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25590 battles
  • [69T]
I don't have hate for the KV-13, but I will have much love when I sell it for 1500 gold.

TO_Dominator #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:25 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9252 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostRou_Garou, on 09 November 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

I don't have hate for the KV-13, but I will have much love when I sell it for 1500 gold.

It has a shty selection of guns. That's why i didn't like it.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Morphman11 #16 Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles
The thing was OP in -2/+2. This just makes things easier. The tank is holding up its end, hold up yours.

Explixiit_ #17 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19692 battles
  • [WR2]

The tank I hate is the AT7 it's just bullcrap, It's slow asf

Yes it does have good amor but all u have to do I still aim at the fricken building tall commanders hatch, and the side and back are paper. 

I only have the stock gun but it bounces off like everything. 

Its just a painful grind rn...

mY fAvOr!tE kEy On mY kEyBoArD iS 2    formerly known as Akadeadlytank

Spoiler

i like changing my profile stuff a lot 

Tackywheat1 #18 Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11755 battles
  • [PZWAR]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 09 November 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

I dont keep track -- but it is possible.  Odd number tiers seem to end up lower tier more than not (totally anecdotal) 

Peace-

Boris

I got bottom tier almost every single game yesterday in my Ru 251...*puts on tinfoil hat* (is MM rigged)

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead

BorisBaddenov #19 Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23480 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostTackywheat1, on 10 November 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

I got bottom tier almost every single game yesterday in my Ru 251...*puts on tinfoil hat* (is MM rigged)

MM is not rigged!!

It is just out to get you.

Peace-

Boris

BooMRekT777 #20 Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8087 battles
  • [TWW]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 09 November 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

I hate the Tiger (P).   I hear all the time about how OP it is.  That thing is just average.  Rate of fire is goodenov™, but I can pen anything from the front, while I get ate up.  And even when you do pen, the alpha is too low.  And don't get me started about how easy the copula is to hit.  I've been playing to to build up the 78.5k exp needed to get the new german tank when 5.5 drops.

30 Day stats:

77 games, 45% WR, 1323 ave damage

Stupid tank.

Peace-

Boris

ok so, lemme start by saying just how amazing the gun is, its rof is ridiculous, its damage is ridiculous for the fire rate,  the pen is good enough to pen an IS-3 frontally, etc... now, armor. Its really good so long as you move so that people cannot consistently hit your cupola and make your lower plate hidden. sidescrape tf outta the joint. This thing is basically the Heavily armored version of the Tiger I, granted you sacrifice 99% of your mobility

GERMAN TANK LOVER HERE

MY PREMIUM TENKS: LöweT34 IndependenceVK 45.03Type 64Tankenstein, Stridsvagn 74A2,Snowstorm JagdTiger 8,8 cmPanzer IV SchmalturmLekpz M 41 90 mm Cruel TwistType 62 Dragon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users