Losing help 56 to 40

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Bronc2004 #1 Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1549 battles
  • [EITC]
:ohmy:Please excuse me when I vent... you see I have abandoned my Bronc2004 account for a reason and created a new account. On this new account called BLACKDUCKFURY I have received the t20 medium tank and haven’t won a single battle in it. I’ve also been losing 5 to 1. I thought it was me NOT the teams but I guess I just can’t hold off 3 tier 8 heavies in a tier 7 medium. Please if anyone can help or toon with me before my wr on my new account goes to 38% like this one I am posting on did. 

ZebraUp #2 Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21546 battles
  • [_UF_]

Here is the absolute best help i can give you...  stop playing until after you  watch these two video series: e___18989 (unicum training) & Littlefinger (now NOT to suck)

They made a huge improvement to my game play.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Bronc2004 #3 Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1549 battles
  • [EITC]

Ok thanks I will do that

superfly29erguy_1 #4 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24507 battles
  • [COD-R]
To be honest, you need to focus on doing damage. Either you're not taking shots and/or missing them. Your IS6 average damage is 707...Seems to me you are jumping the gun moving to the higher tiers before you are ready...my thoughts.

Bronc2004 #5 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1549 battles
  • [EITC]
I am very inaccurate with the is-6 plus the 14 second reload so I mainly just camp until I can shoot and generally miss

QuickPlay122 #6 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View PostBronc2004, on 18 November 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

:ohmy:Please excuse me when I vent... you see I have abandoned my Bronc2004 account for a reason and created a new account. On this new account called BLACKDUCKFURY I have received the t20 medium tank and haven’t won a single battle in it. I’ve also been losing 5 to 1. I thought it was me NOT the teams but I guess I just can’t hold off 3 tier 8 heavies in a tier 7 medium. Please if anyone can help or toon with me before my wr on my new account goes to 38% like this one I am posting on did. 

You can take a long break from wot blitz or train in rating battles. They don't affect your wr

Let's get This Show on the Road

_kell54_ #7 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostBronc2004, on 18 November 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

I am very inaccurate with the is-6 plus the 14 second reload so I mainly just camp until I can shoot and generally miss

There it is. You try to camp, but the is 6 gun isn’t a sniper. You miss a lot of shots or your velocity drops and can’t pen. It’s a brawler but does take some practice. If you worked up the is3 line you would get a good understanding of this great tank.

this will sound rude, and it probably is, you have a 38% WR because you are a 38% player. 

Good news. You have very few battles, so, watch a few videos, don’t progress too fast, play tanks to their advantages. I didn’t learn until 25k battles. Took a long time to move the wr up there.  

QuickPlay122 #8 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View Post_kell54_, on 18 November 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

There it is. You try to camp, but the is 6 gun isn’t a sniper. You miss a lot of shots or your velocity drops and can’t pen. It’s a brawler but does take some practice. If you worked up the is3 line you would get a good understanding of this great tank.

this will sound rude, and it probably is, you have a 38% WR because you are a 38% player. 

Good news. You have very few battles, so, watch a few videos, don’t progress too fast, play tanks to their advantages. I didn’t learn until 25k battles. Took a long time to move the wr up there.  

Equip supercharger, and rifled barrel and get the top gun and calibrated shells. You would be a good mid-range sniper. You played over 25k battles in your is-6 and haven't learned of this? I played less than 500 battles on it.

_kell54_ #9 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Equip supercharger, and rifled barrel and get the top gun and calibrated shells. You would be a good mid-range sniper. You played over 25k battles in your is-6 and haven't learned of this? I played less than 500 battles on it.

25k total battles before I learned to watch vids, use forums and get gud. 

_kell54_ #10 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Plus. He’s a sub 50 account with  49% in the is6. He doesn’t know the tank. Don’t take his advise. It’s not a sniper. 

QuickPlay122 #11 Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View Post_kell54_, on 18 November 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Plus. He’s a sub 50 account with  49% in the is6. He doesn’t know the tank. Don’t take his advise. It’s not a sniper. 

you current standings in the IS-6 are absolutely horrible I am sorry to say

_kell54_ #12 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

1. Didn’t claim them to be great. 

2. 54>49

3. I’m not the one on here trying to teach him that the is6 is a sniper. 

4. 1900 battles doesn’t give you a big enough picture of the game. 

QuickPlay122 #13 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View Post_kell54_, on 18 November 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

1. Didn’t claim them to be great. 

2. 54>49

3. I’m not the one on here trying to teach him that the is6 is a sniper. 

4. 1900 battles doesn’t give you a big enough picture of the game. 

You cannot judge someone on the amount of battles they played. 1000+ battles is enough for anyone to get a good picture of the game with a tier 9. Someone with 40000+ battles should play wot blitz like a hobby. What about high tier battles where tier 9-10 can easily over match your hull armor and out maneuver you? Don't mention support because you will be demolished easily. 

_kell54_ #14 Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

You cannot judge someone on the amount of battles they played. 1000+ battles is enough for anyone to get a good picture of the game with a tier 9. Someone with 40000+ battles should play wot blitz like a hobby. What about high tier battles where tier 9-10 can easily over match your hull armor and out maneuver you? Don't mention support because you will be demolished easily. 

You assume brawling means “yoloing”.  the is series is a hull down brawler. If you have an is 8 in the right position, a tier ten td can’t pen it’s turret. 

Again, it sounds like you are making a case to play high tier Soviet heavies as snipers. 

acrisis #15 Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Here we go in a nutshell.

First account ... brrrrrr. Second account, slightly better, but if you continue on the current path, nothing good will happen. But, the good news is you're here and seeking help. That's the first step in getting better. 

You need to slow down and play in tiers where you can get 50% WR in. Which already poses a problem in an on itself. You may have learned a couple lessons, but you have a ways to go. 

You mention holding back, that is a recipe for a loss. Waiting for your team to spot the enemies or worse, totally hanging out in the back waiting for enemies to come to you, then it is already too late, game over. You need to actively engage. Move forward with the team and hold hard cover. Look where the enemies are, but hold cover. Use hills and walls for protection, look for enemies you can hit, without taking damage in return.
Every battle look to stay alive for at least half the game, do an equal amount of damage as your own tank's hitpoints, plus getting one kill. 

When it comes to shooting. Drive your tanks with 75% crew. Pay the credits when you get a new tank to get the crew to 75%. Then make sure you aim in a bit more. Some tanks can snapshot, others cannot. So if you are struggling, simply don't snapshot. Let that big aim circle shrink from big to small, then press fire. It also helps to be closer to the enemy targets, the closer you are the more your reticle will cover the enemy tank. 

Now unfortunately with 5.5 all tanks in low tiers got changed up a great deal, but I think my recommendation would still be the same, to practice with your DW2 and PZ IV D ... get better at moving, holding cover, doing damage, ...  

Forget about tier 5 and up for a while. Sure, every new tank is an untrained crew, stock modules etc so one starts poorly and it takes a while to get the crew to 100% and get the modules, but you are not ready. You are not familiar enough with the tank types and tank styles to make it work. Lights, mediums, heavies and tank destroyers all work a bit differently. 

I will direct message you with some video series you should watch. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_kell54_ #16 Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41015 battles
  • [WKD]

View Postacrisis, on 18 November 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Here we go in a nutshell.

First account ... brrrrrr. Second account, slightly better, but if you continue on the current path, nothing good will happen. But, the good news is you're here and seeking help. That's the first step in getting better. 

You need to slow down and play in tiers where you can get 50% WR in. Which already poses a problem in an on itself. You may have learned a couple lessons, but you have a ways to go. 

You mention holding back, that is a recipe for a loss. Waiting for your team to spot the enemies or worse, totally hanging out in the back waiting for enemies to come to you, then it is already too late, game over. You need to actively engage. Move forward with the team and hold hard cover. Look where the enemies are, but hold cover. Use hills and walls for protection, look for enemies you can hit, without taking damage in return.
Every battle look to stay alive for at least half the game, do an equal amount of damage as your own tank's hitpoints, plus getting one kill. 

When it comes to shooting. Drive your tanks with 75% crew. Pay the credits when you get a new tank to get the crew to 75%. Then make sure you aim in a bit more. Some tanks can snapshot, others cannot. So if you are struggling, simply don't snapshot. Let that big aim circle shrink from big to small, then press fire. It also helps to be closer to the enemy targets, the closer you are the more your reticle will cover the enemy tank. 

Now unfortunately with 5.5 all tanks in low tiers got changed up a great deal, but I think my recommendation would still be the same, to practice with your DW2 and PZ IV D ... get better at moving, holding cover, doing damage, ...  

Forget about tier 5 and up for a while. Sure, every new tank is an untrained crew, stock modules etc so one starts poorly and it takes a while to get the crew to 100% and get the modules, but you are not ready. You are not familiar enough with the tank types and tank styles to make it work. Lights, mediums, heavies and tank destroyers all work a bit differently. 

I will direct message you with some video series you should watch. 

I’m on mobile so I don’t have +1s. So here’s a bump. 

:)

QuickPlay122 #17 Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View Post_kell54_, on 18 November 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

You assume brawling means “yoloing”.  the is series is a hull down brawler. If you have an is 8 in the right position, a tier ten td can’t pen it’s turret. 

Again, it sounds like you are making a case to play high tier Soviet heavies as snipers. 

I never said all russian heavies are snipers. It was just an option for the is-6. I don't snipe in my ST-I which is a hull down monster. I can also pen the is-8 turret when it's hull down with my m62 top gun. Is-8 can't pen me easily. I know the strategies as a brawler and I once took down my friend using the WZ-113 with my ST-I. Brawling is a bit of a yolo. You can't just win all the time in an is-6. Other tanks can easily overmatch your turret roof.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #18 Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11033 battles
  • [COD]

View PostQuickPlay122, on 18 November 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

I never said all russian heavies are snipers. It was just an option for the is-6. I don't snipe in my ST-I which is a hull down monster. I can also pen the is-8 turret when it's hull down with my m62 top gun. Is-8 can't pen me easily. I know the strategies as a brawler and I once took down my friend using the WZ-113 with my ST-I. Brawling is a bit of a yolo. You can't just win all the time in an is-6. Other tanks can easily overmatch your turret roof.

Sniping is not an option for a tank whose role is to hold the line. It is logical to play to your strengths, no? Then why aren’t you using the advantages of armor and alpha to hold the line, and instead trying to use the weakness of an inaccurate gun and low DPM? It is moronic to ignore a tank’s strengths while trying to utilize its weaknesses. According to your logic, spotting is also an “option” for TDs and sidescraping is an “option” for lights. Furthermore, if all of a team’s heavies are playing in the way you suggest, then who is there to take the hits and delay the red push? The lights and mediums are. And they do not have the necessary characteristics to fulfill that role. So, do not selfishly and ignorantly play in a way that does not suit your tank and puts pressure on your teammates.

Edited by _UrgleMcPurfle_, 19 November 2018 - 03:34 AM.

QuickPlay122 #19 Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2452 battles
  • [CCN]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 19 November 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

Sniping is not an option for a tank whose role is to hold the line. It is logical to play to your strengths, no? Then why aren’t you using the advantages of armor and alpha to hold the line, and instead trying to use the weakness of an inaccurate gun and low DPM? It is moronic to ignore a tank’s strengths while trying to utilize its weaknesses. According to your logic, spotting is also an “option” for TDs and sidescraping is an “option” for lights. Furthermore, if all of a team’s heavies are playing in the way you suggest, then who is there to take the hits and delay the red push? The lights and mediums are. And they do not have the necessary characteristics to fulfill that role. So, do not selfishly and ignorantly play in a way that does not suit your tank and puts pressure on your teammates.

When did I say I always sniped with my IS-6? I did that in one battle and got over 4k damage. I know the properties of a Russian tank and I use that knowledge all the time in the ST-I as well as the IS-6. You don't know my logic. You'll never know. It changes every time with every tank I play. Plus, 'my' suggestion was just a personal suggestion. Who would be dumb enough the tell their whole team to stay back and snipe? I'm sorry to say, you logic is incorrect by trying to guess what my logic was. Plus, spotting is an option for an e25 TD and my logic never said that a light tank should side scrape. Again of you weren't watching, sniping is an OPTION for SOLELY the IS-6. IF you don't believe me I guess i'm the best player out there. With my experience with the IS-6, I am not saying that every Russian heavy should snipe because their guns start with a BL

Edited by QuickPlay122, 19 November 2018 - 04:42 AM.

acrisis #20 Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Quickplay ... you are not helping

Everybody can have a monster snipe damage game. 

Suggesting to use heavies for sniping or okaying their use as such is simply a no go. 

No need to bring other people’s stats into it.

Again, you are not helping the original poster and are derailing the thread. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users