• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Bronc2004 #21 Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1549 battles

View Postacrisis, on 18 November 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Here we go in a nutshell.

First account ... brrrrrr. Second account, slightly better, but if you continue on the current path, nothing good will happen. But, the good news is you're here and seeking help. That's the first step in getting better. 

You need to slow down and play in tiers where you can get 50% WR in. Which already poses a problem in an on itself. You may have learned a couple lessons, but you have a ways to go. 

You mention holding back, that is a recipe for a loss. Waiting for your team to spot the enemies or worse, totally hanging out in the back waiting for enemies to come to you, then it is already too late, game over. You need to actively engage. Move forward with the team and hold hard cover. Look where the enemies are, but hold cover. Use hills and walls for protection, look for enemies you can hit, without taking damage in return.
Every battle look to stay alive for at least half the game, do an equal amount of damage as your own tank's hitpoints, plus getting one kill. 

When it comes to shooting. Drive your tanks with 75% crew. Pay the credits when you get a new tank to get the crew to 75%. Then make sure you aim in a bit more. Some tanks can snapshot, others cannot. So if you are struggling, simply don't snapshot. Let that big aim circle shrink from big to small, then press fire. It also helps to be closer to the enemy targets, the closer you are the more your reticle will cover the enemy tank. 

Now unfortunately with 5.5 all tanks in low tiers got changed up a great deal, but I think my recommendation would still be the same, to practice with your DW2 and PZ IV D ... get better at moving, holding cover, doing damage, ...  

Forget about tier 5 and up for a while. Sure, every new tank is an untrained crew, stock modules etc so one starts poorly and it takes a while to get the crew to 100% and get the modules, but you are not ready. You are not familiar enough with the tank types and tank styles to make it work. Lights, mediums, heavies and tank destroyers all work a bit differently. 

I will direct message you with some video series you should watch. 

I have my old m3 lee which is a good tank still could I use it?

acrisis #22 Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]
I would not recommend that. The M3 Lee has a few challenges without a turret and that offset gun with its gun arc, making it more of a 2nd line TD play style for me.  

(+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  

Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

QuickPlay122 #23 Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2328 battles
  • [CCN]

View Postacrisis, on 19 November 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Quickplay ... you are not helping

Everybody can have a monster snipe damage game. 

Suggesting to use heavies for sniping or okaying their use as such is simply a no go. 

No need to bring other people’s stats into it.

Again, you are not helping the original poster and are derailing the thread. 

I don't understand. Derailing the thread? Also, why can't you talk to kell about stats. He was first one to mention real stats.

Let's get This Show on the Road

acrisis #24 Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]
Look back at #8 ... you started in on sniping and stats.

Let's try to help OP and leave everything else out of it. 

Strigonx #25 Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4164 battles
  • [_STR8]

Slow down and think what you can do, analyze the enemy comp and your own and make an educated guess on what you should be doing each match, sitting in the back with a top tier brawler heavy like the IS-6 hurts your chances of winning severely.

Learn your tank pros and cons, strenghts and weaknesses and its role on the battle, for instance you cannot attempt to brawl with your T20 against heavy tanks because you're gonna lose all the time simply by virtue of being in a light medium against heavy punchy tanks, alternatively your place in tanks like the IS-6, IS-5 and to some extent the IS-3 is in the frontline, putting your gun to use at ranges where you can negate its innaccuracy.

Not all tanks play the same and not all tanks in a class fill the same role.

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

QuickPlay122 #26 Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2328 battles
  • [CCN]

View PostStrigonx, on 19 November 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Slow down and think what you can do, analyze the enemy comp and your own and make an educated guess on what you should be doing each match, sitting in the back with a top tier brawler heavy like the IS-6 hurts your chances of winning severely.

Learn your tank pros and cons, strenghts and weaknesses and its role on the battle, for instance you cannot attempt to brawl with your T20 against heavy tanks because you're gonna lose all the time simply by virtue of being in a light medium against heavy punchy tanks, alternatively your place in tanks like the IS-6, IS-5 and to some extent the IS-3 is in the frontline, putting your gun to use at ranges where you can negate its innaccuracy.

Not all tanks play the same and not all tanks in a class fill the same role.

Exactly I like the last part

Let's get This Show on the Road

Bronc2004 #27 Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1549 battles
Thanks guys and maybe you can toon sometime

acrisis #28 Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]

Please check your forum direct messages.

I sent you a direct message, with some homework and then we can work out some time to have a voice chat and platoon :)  

Icefang50 #29 Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34636 battles
  • [-MAX-]

View Postacrisis, on 20 November 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Please check your forum direct messages.

I sent you a direct message, with some homework and then we can work out some time to have a voice chat and platoon :)  

acrisis solidifying his position as an all round nice guy of Blitz and forum member. +1. 

If a third person is needed as a target, I’m game. My current work schedule may limit my availability, but a training room would be great diversion and fun to help. 

outersketcher #30 Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12710 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Post_kell54_, on 18 November 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

I didn’t learn until 25k battles. Took a long time to move the wr up there.  

yay! So there their is hope.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users