Ideas for Maverick's Minute 4, let me hear them

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

I_Maverick_I #1 Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:33 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 19203 battles
Hey all,

I'm taking suggestions for my next issue of Maverick's Minute.  If you know what this is, just skip this little intro. If you're just clicking on this for the first time and don't know what this is, let me explain. In these short but percise threads, I attempt to give my take on an opinion or give some advice about WoT Blitz. They are structured to give a main arguing point and leave room for discussion below. They should be short enough to be read in only a few minutes. Obviously, the target audience is the new player looking to get better, but it's important that the discussion should have points of view from all levels of skill, player-wise.

So for this particular next issue, I will be collaborating with a friend of mine, Gavidoc01 from Triarii. I'd like to ask him some questions about how Blitz has changed throughout the years, but I also want some questions from the public to get the answers to what you guys want answered. After all, this isn't for me, it's for the playerbase. So please, drop some questions in the comments below. 

Again, if you missed the previous 3 episodes and want to check them out, they can be found here: 

Part 1: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/99555-mavericks-minute-pt-1-why-medium-tanks-are-still-relevant-at-tier-10/page__fromsearch__1

Part 3: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/99857-mavericks-minute-pt-2-situational-awareness-impact/page__p__1564712#entry1564712

Part 3: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/100332-mavericks-minute-pt-3-how-can-i-git-gud-in-5-minutes/page__fromsearch__1

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

Ookla_the_Mok #2 Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:28 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 27773 battles
  • [BRSKT]

What about discussing Supremacy in pub games?

Players may see competition/tourney games in this mode and they may get the concept, but in pub games the idea of cap pressure or working the map/clock the last minute is often lost. I was late to playing Supremacy and misgivings remain, but it is not going away and all new maps and reworks are being built for this mode. 

For myself, the "hinge" in Supremacy when a cap grab turns into a flank (or vice versa) can reveal challenging decisions as to how far to push, when to break back, etc. I'd be interested in the thoughts of more experienced players in this mode.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

Kade18 #3 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11546 battles
  • [_V_]
Do some kind of analysis on the stages of a wotb player and what thought processes are common at different levels of play, maybe include some tips on how to move up the ladder in terms of thinking about a match and how to play it 
Kade18-Void
Like and subscribe (pls I beg)

CK_GoldenNuggets #4 Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26423 battles
  • [501DV]
Are premium tanks becoming too, Pay 2 win? :bhinking:

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Rou_Garou #5 Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22869 battles
  • [69T]
Can resetting camo be covered in 1 minute?  Something that is underused and misunderstood. 

Strigonx #6 Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4070 battles
  • [_STR8]
Are the players truly getting worse over time or is it just pure tinfoilhattery?

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

BooMRekT777 #7 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6695 battles
  • [TWW]
Tier 7 Heavy buffs and are they still as powerful with the current meta                          

GERMAN TANK LOVER HERE

MY PREMIUM TENKS: LöweT34 IndependenceVK 45.03Type 64Tankenstein, Stridsvagn 74A2,Snowstorm JagdTiger 8,8 cmPanzer IV SchmalturmLekpz M 41 90 mm Cruel TwistType 62 Dragon

I_Maverick_I #8 Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 19203 battles

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 19 November 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

What about discussing Supremacy in pub games?

Players may see competition/tourney games in this mode and they may get the concept, but in pub games the idea of cap pressure or working the map/clock the last minute is often lost. I was late to playing Supremacy and misgivings remain, but it is not going away and all new maps and reworks are being built for this mode. 

For myself, the "hinge" in Supremacy when a cap grab turns into a flank (or vice versa) can reveal challenging decisions as to how far to push, when to break back, etc. I'd be interested in the thoughts of more experienced players in this mode.

Sounds good

View PostKade18, on 20 November 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

Do some kind of analysis on the stages of a wotb player and what thought processes are common at different levels of play, maybe include some tips on how to move up the ladder in terms of thinking about a match and how to play it 

Oh of course

View PostCK_GoldenNuggets, on 20 November 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

Are premium tanks becoming too, Pay 2 win? :bhinking:

Sure...

View PostRou_Garou, on 20 November 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

Can resetting camo be covered in 1 minute?  Something that is underused and misunderstood. 

Yes, but as that's not a matter of opinion, I'll write up a separate one for that

View PostStrigonx, on 20 November 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Are the players truly getting worse over time or is it just pure tinfoilhattery?

Hmmm...

View PostBooMRekT777, on 20 November 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Tier 7 Heavy buffs and are they still as powerful with the current meta                          

I like that. Nice and specific.

Thanks guys. I'll review these and figure out what I'll do from here.

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users