-- Black Friday Premium Tank Deals -- (& some questions, too)

Black Friday Premium Tanks 1776 T.34/85 Rudy Panzer V/IV Churchill.III

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hornchurch_74 #1 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8193 battles
  • [_BE_]

'

Even a jaded cynic like me is pretty stoked & cautiously 'happy' about some of Friday 23rd November's deals.

For 3,250 in Gold, the T.34/85  Rudy seems like a steal & I'm aching to pull the trigger.

As I own a '1776 Indy' over on my European account, I know that it's another decent tank, worth having.

Again, if you ain't got one already, the 'Gold Price' seems VERY reasonable & fair...

(to me, as I won mine in a crate, last summer, 2017 - But the Fri' 23rd price still seems cheap, to me)

Crucially, for me tho', I have several questions to ask you guys, regarding "nerf bat" & certain Tier.5 Premiums......

My chief concern is regarding the Tier.5 = Panzer V/IV, which is going down to a mere 1,200 in Gold (result !)

HAS IT BEEN HIT BY THE DREADED "NERF BAT" IN ANY WAY ?????

..........& CAN IT STILL COMPETE AGAINST TIER.6,  =  POST 5.5 ????

* Given it only has the L.48 gun, (same as Hetzer), yet running-up against Tier.6

SAME QUESTION AGAIN, REGARDING THE SOVIET TIER.5 = CHURCHILL III   ????

I ask, because I've heard that the Churchill IS NOT as competitive as it once was,is that right ?

See, I have a junior (seperate), account, over in Russia, which doesn't get "much love" from me....

Am thinking about getting a Churchy III, plus a Panzer V/IV to churn-out some credits there - It'd be real useful.

Don't wanna "blow" or waste ANY gold "if" the Panzer V/IV cannot "cut the rug" against Tier.6, = Post 5.5.

It's just that I'm rather cautious about facing Tier.6 with just the 75/L.48

Any SENSIBLE advice is most welcome regarding the Panzer V/IV  &  Churchill.III   =  POST 5.5

Also, feel free to add ANYTHING POST UPDATE 5.5, regarding the Dicker-Max too.

This Black Friday deal seems pretty fair to me & to snag a Panzer V/IV (or Church.III), for 1,200 in Gold seems fair

The '1776' seems to be a great price too, so I might rustle one of those up, for ARABIA & RUSSIA.

Am I wrong in assuming that the forthcoming 'sales' of the T.34/85  Rudy , will likely shoot "thru the roof" ?????

Sweet deals to "appease the groaning masses", post 5.5, perhaps ?

Edited by Hornchurch_74, 21 November 2018 - 07:06 PM.

Fu_Manchu_ #2 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]

According to blitzhangar, the Pz V/IV did not get nerfed and actually got a buff to its module damage.

I'm not seeing the Churchill III changes on blitzhangar, but I'm sure I heard that its big gun got nerfed pretty hard but the pew pew was left alone.

AKA HanYolo_.

Hornchurch_74 #3 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8193 battles
  • [_BE_]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 21 November 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

According to blitzhangar, the Pz V/IV did not get nerfed and actually got a buff to its module damage.

I'm not seeing the Churchill III changes on blitzhangar, but I'm sure I heard that its big gun got nerfed pretty hard but the pew pew was left alone.

Thanks Fu for your very quick reply man.

I was both cautious AND hesitant, as BlitzHangar gave out Gold values which DID NOT EQUATE to actuality, POST 5.5

Yeah, I KNOW they said things "might change", but I rather was bargaining on having 1,000 in Gold for my T.150.

What I actually got, in reality, was a mere 'half' of that, so whilst Gold is welcome, to get only 'half', blighted the pleasure.

Plus it also means that some of those "600 in Gold" tanks, didn't meet expectations.

Obviously, for me, it's a case of every little drop, counts, as a V/IV & Churchill are badly needed for my RUSSIA acc't.

(I really neglected it, much to my latter regret & cost, having played some 2,000 battles there, now)

To get TWO Tier.5 Gold Premium tanks for 1,200, is & would be a real blessing, but the Dicker-Max WAS an option.

(I still do not know anywhere near enough, regarding the Dicker Max, other than it's 'good gun' & paper armor).

Regarding the Churchill.III, I did use it a fair bit, during "Mad Games" & found the pew-pew "wanting" at times.

(despite it's lush rate of fire)

All SO much to take in, what with Mad Games having just finished, THEN, 5.5... 'Collector Tanks' & now THIS sale...

cheesehead247365 #4 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11968 battles
  • [-EZ-]
that post looks like the writing of serial killer 

Hornchurch_74 #5 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8193 battles
  • [_BE_]

View Postcheesehead247365, on 21 November 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

that post looks like the writing of serial killer 

You got me tagged mate.

Just DON'T tell the F.B.I, ok ?

cheesehead247365 #6 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11968 battles
  • [-EZ-]

View PostHornchurch_74, on 21 November 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

You got me tagged mate.

Just DON'T tell the F.B.I, ok ?

I won't.  just don't make your post look like a ransom note from now on

GentleNova #7 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]

Can someone explain how the gifts / stickers work?

It says there are 12 gifts that you can choose with stickers, which are visually shown. I understand that. 

It then says under the full list of gifts that there are 3 Tier VII research boosters available but it only shows two visually on the list of twelve. What does this mean? If you buy one with a sticker, another appears, allowing you to buy a maximum of 3.

In effect, the visual list they show doesn’t jive with the list of gifts available. So just wondering how this is supposed to work.

https://wotblitz.com/en/news/event/2018-black-friday/

Fu_Manchu_ #8 Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostHornchurch_74, on 21 November 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Thanks Fu for your very quick reply man.

I was both cautious AND hesitant, as BlitzHangar gave out Gold values which DID NOT EQUATE to actuality, POST 5.5

Yeah, I KNOW they said things "might change", but I rather was bargaining on having 1,000 in Gold for my T.150.

What I actually got, in reality, was a mere 'half' of that, so whilst Gold is welcome, to get only 'half', blighted the pleasure.

Plus it also means that some of those "600 in Gold" tanks, didn't meet expectations.

Obviously, for me, it's a case of every little drop, counts, as a V/IV & Churchill are badly needed for my RUSSIA acc't.

(I really neglected it, much to my latter regret & cost, having played some 2,000 battles there, now)

To get TWO Tier.5 Gold Premium tanks for 1,200, is & would be a real blessing, but the Dicker-Max WAS an option.

(I still do not know anywhere near enough, regarding the Dicker Max, other than it's 'good gun' & paper armor).

Regarding the Churchill.III, I did use it a fair bit, during "Mad Games" & found the pew-pew "wanting" at times.

(despite it's lush rate of fire)

All SO much to take in, what with Mad Games having just finished, THEN, 5.5... 'Collector Tanks' & now THIS sale...

No problem. I bought both the V/IV and Churchill III, when they were discounted 50% previously. Great prices for sure, but unless you plan to play a lot of tier V, I'm not sure they're worth it. I have not played either of them very much.

View PostGentleNova, on 21 November 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

Can someone explain how the gifts / stickers work?

It says there are 12 gifts that you can choose with stickers, which are visually shown. I understand that. 

It then says under the full list of gifts that there are 3 Tier VII research boosters available but it only shows two visually on the list of twelve. What does this mean? If you buy one with a sticker, another appears, allowing you to buy a maximum of 3.

In effect, the visual list they show doesn’t jive with the list of gifts available. So just wondering how this is supposed to work.

https://wotblitz.com/en/news/event/2018-black-friday/

My advice is to be patient and see how it looks once the sale actually starts. WG is not exactly known for clear and concise communication.

AKA HanYolo_.

BakalovBoy #9 Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21211 battles
  • [O_C_S]
Honestly I’m kinda disappointed that the Black Friday premiums are the same over sold tanks.

T34 Indy is a darn good deal but I personally don’t like the tank. The rest of the tanks I either already  have or I don’t want at all.

GentleNova #10 Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 21 November 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

My advice is to be patient and see how it looks once the sale actually starts. WG is not exactly known for clear and concise communication.

Exactly my reason for asking actually. Their history of not clearly indicating how things work BEFORE people start using them. Often people ASSUME it works a certain way but then they find out the hard way that it doesn't work that way had expected and they can't reset or redo their selections.

I'll guess I'll just wait until the day arrives and wait for posts explaining how it works in detail from other community members.

shadynastys #11 Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19544 battles
  • [KIND]
OP i wouldn't bother with tier 5 premiums, they don't earn much and if you have not already, you will grow out of tier 5.  Rudy is fantastic get it, and tier 8 premiums tend to be better for earning credits.  If you are on the newer side, then please continue your interest in tier 5 but again, premium tanks at that level not worth it.  Best low tier tank for earning credits is the tier 6 t34-85 Victory and don't worry it's not at all the tier 6 version of the Rudy.  good luck!

shadynastys #12 Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19544 battles
  • [KIND]
ok I looked at your stats, and IMO your focus should be on playing around tier 5 or 6.  Rudy will be more challenging than you are use to and I'd hold off on the tier 8's.  Personally I'd spend money on premium time rather than a premium tier 5 tank, but I understand the desire.  Panzer V/IV is better than the average tier 5 tank for sure.  Keep an eye out for the Victory though, it right where you want to be in terms of development and prints credits for a tier 6 premium.

fangs58 #13 Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40174 battles
  • [WHC]
I have played my V/IV since the update. No changes to note. If anything the nerf of other tanks gave it a minor buff. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

fangs58 #14 Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40174 battles
  • [WHC]

OP this is my advice for the Panzer V/IV;

It is a classic German flanking medium. 

It is essentially a tier 7 Panther Hull (hence the Panzer V) with a tier 4/5 turret. You have a good armor profile for the tiers you will face.

The pen on the gun is toward the low end but again you should be flanking and working ridge lines so it is adequate. 

It has 10 degrees of gun depression which is something that everyone forgets. This helps with the weaker turret.

It is slow getting to speed but once there is a good rammer due to it's weight. 

My Advice for the Rudy would be buy it if you plan not to use it right away. You want to spend a little more time in Russian Mediums before you try running the Rudy at tier 7. You will most likely be frustrated and think poorly of the tank. Buy it for the deal but grind the T-34-85 till you feel comfortable. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

Hornchurch_74 #15 Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8193 battles
  • [_BE_]

View Postfangs58, on 21 November 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

I have played my V/IV since the update. No changes to note. If anything the nerf of other tanks gave it a minor buff. 

Many thanks Fangs for your reply regarding the V/IV.

It's primarily for my RUSSIA account, as that is often neglected & I could sure use another Premium-tank, there.

Wanted to say thanks anyhow, coz, it was YOUR "5.5 cull" listing I used, before I got steered towards BlitzHangar.
That guided me towards 'which' collector tanks might fetch Gold, prior to 5.5  (as in, which to keep/sell)

Shadynast'  =  I found it easier to interject your post with my replies typed-out in Blue... (to differentiate, below)

I'll reply to your other one later, if that's ok.

View Postshadynastys, on 21 November 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

ok I looked at your stats,

I'm assuming you saw my USA stat's, the account I first started cutting my BLITZ teeth with.
I mention this, as in my first, initial post, I refer to my Russian, Arabian & European continent accounts

(ALL Legitamate = I have one account each, on each different region, as we get fibre-optic broadband here )

and IMO your focus should be on playing around tier 5 or 6. 

To be fair, that's where I'm at - I used 'Mad Games' to build up a few Tier.6's (Firefly, KV1S)
The guys on the forums raved "Don't go up the tiers FAST, learn your trade", etc
Two other reasons - I'm a (much) older player than most (slower reactions, etc !)
But the main reason is, that, since the 1960's I've been building WW.II tanks (1:76th/1:35th model-kits).

THAT is where my main interest lies & THAT is what bought me to BLITZ in the first place.
Sadly for me, ALL the interesting $h!t lies (or DID lay), in Tiers III-V = i.e, 1940-1944 tanks

Rudy will be more challenging than you are use to

Will it ? 
(sounds worrying, laughs !)

As I assume you've based that on my USA stat's, it's perhaps worth mentioning that since June 2017, that I have a Cromwell Berlin on both my European & Arabian server accounts (similar style tank ?), and the Tier.7 VK.45, again, also for a year & a half too, so I have played 'above' T.5, although anyone just glancing at WOB-Stars or whatever, wouldn't know that, understandably...
I used to play this game waaay back in 2014 & 2015, but after my i-6 was stolen, I didn't play till Nov'16 again.

...and I'd hold off on those Tier.8's.

Gulp, too late - I've had the '1776 Independance' (Tier.8), again, since June 2017, on my Europe account.

Personally I'd spend money on premium time rather than a premium tier 5 tank, but I understand the desire. 

Ya know man, whenever I 'engage' the ol' Premium time, I seem to fall like Icarus (or was it Daedelus, laughs !)
RNG'sus earmarks me as a 'sinner', whenever I engage or partake in Prem' time, so I avoid it (hilarious).

As for the Rudy, it's like dangling Hamburgers before a starving Grizzly-Bear,  LOL

Panzer V/IV is better than the average tier 5 tank for sure.  (that's encouraging)

Keep an eye out for the Victory though, it's right where you want to be in terms of development and prints credits for a tier 6 premium.

Oh how I'd LOVE to have the Victory AND the Rud' = I hear elsewhere (archived posts), that the 'Victory' is actually a (much), better credit-earner (silver-spinner), than it's Rudy stablemate ?

InkaPanzer #16 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:16 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 55268 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Postfangs58, on 21 November 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

WG nerf the traverse speed

Saludos desde Perú!

olddatsunfan #17 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34394 battles
  • [-CFR-]
I've thought about your question regarding tier 5 premium tanks and I have to say that I have come to the conclusion that in general, tier 5 premiums are not worth purchasing with the recent changes.  The divide between partially loaded out premiums at tier 5 and loaded out tanks at tier 6 is now greater than before, so I've come to the conclusion that if you where to consider purchasing a premium, it would be best to wait until a tier 6 or higher tier becomes available in store or in the offers tab.
QO6Y0A8.gif

Mayjaplaya #18 Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

View PostInkaPanzer, on 21 November 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

WG nerf the traverse speed

I think every tier 5 got nerfed traverse speed because big food and big fuel were taken away.

YYK

Sig credit: Panbun

InkaPanzer #19 Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 55268 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostMayjaplaya, on 21 November 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I think every tier 5 got nerfed traverse speed because big food and big fuel were taken away.

When I speak about any nerf is without any consumables or extras. WG directly nerf traverse.

Saludos desde Perú!

Mayjaplaya #20 Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

[YYK]

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [MBTS]

View PostInkaPanzer, on 21 November 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

When I speak about any nerf is without any consumables or extras. WG directly nerf traverse.

Source?

YYK

Sig credit: Panbun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users