t-43

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tankist22 #1 Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 71472 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Besides showing what the title says, I also wanted to ask for attention to mistakes, one primarily, not paying attention to the map. As the battle starts and I flank in my T-43, being in a sniper mode prevents me seeing that SU on right side on time, BOOM, lotta damage in the first shot. Later on, while playing "cat & mouse" with that same SU, the other TD is running towards my back, yet I totally unaware until the last moment.

Way back when I was in full time learning mode, I asked a player how he did it (some battle where he excelled, god WR, etc.) and he marked "battlefield awareness" as the most important thing. I cannot agree more, yet I' still am not aware, lol. Otherwise, I'm certain my score would be better. Thanks!

4sfield #2 Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 34285 battles
  • [-1]

He still didn’t hurt you. If he would have come on when he spotted you, him and the SU probably would have killed you.

Bottom line is you saw him in time and the SU blew it. I can’t believe he didn’t shoot you from behind when you turned to face the Frenchie. Nubs think it’s about the guns and you showed them it isn’t. It may not have been what you had in mind when it started but you kept 2 guns tied up, won your engagement and the battle because of it. 

Nothing is more fun than beating a bully. That guy thought you were easy meat because he was carrying a big gun. Judging by how passive he got after you got him where you wanted him, I’d say you had him [edited] his pants. (Get it off!!!) Some of the best fun you can have is by making guys look silly while teaching them a lesson. I hope he learned something.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

j0nn0 #3 Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:27 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19834 battles
  • [XREGS]

A win's a win. Plenty of mistakes were made on the SU's part to enable your survival, but i'll try to focus on nitpicking your play. Maybe you can find something to learn from my babbling.

Okay, that flank was not how I typically approach the dunes with that lineup, but I can see why you'd do that, given the heavy/TD setup. I'm more apt to take C, or cross it, poke out then back into cover to check for the bulb to go off or not. If safe, repeat towards the gully unless you can setup reliable shots to town from dunes. Following that, I'd also take the far edge of map but under more favorable hard cover.

Once you cross the gully and start trying to pelt the French TD, you were doing just fine other than one little nitpick: The lack of cover near possible sniper nests should have cautioned you about the open deadzone, and that's how the SU got his initial shot off. Wasn't looking too closely, but I believe it was unspotted up until your bulb lit up at 1:37 +/-1 second. Let's move to a more of a play by play following that.

Taking that initial big hit, you immediately stop to zoom, fire, then begin trying to back up. That's a bit slow IMO, but you did well to realize the lack of hard cover and slow backpedal, then immediately pulled a forward hard left after that. If you are aware of your positioning and terrain, you can start taking more chances at driving and firing to minimize your exposure time. Firing as you're diving for cover is more often about trying to lay down suppression fire and caution reds against gunning for extra hits as you retreat. Any actual connected shots are icing on the cake of your survival. Eat up once you're behind hard cover or out of range.

After you ran away, he could have immediately ignored you and ran to assist his allies rather than chase you down, a mistake on his part i'd say. Anyways, you pulled a gun from your allies and that's a good thing team-wise, not so much for you since you're focused by a punchy gun at this point. The thing that bugs me is that you didn't capitalize on the fact that he drove past you when he went into the gully. If you'd pushed towards his flank/rear rather than continue backing up behind the rock, you could have effectively stayed behind his gun, away from the bad end of the boom stick altogether and could likely have removed him in about half a minute or sooner. A conservative play, but you need to be aware that such cautious play eats up a lot of time unless you can setup damaging/kill/crippling shots to remove them from the fight and let you move on to other targets. This gave the Frenchy enough time to bail on the heavy front (roughly 2:40-2:45), double back, and eventually come up on your rear. There was one other opportunity to get behind his gun at 2:30-2:35 but was much riskier since he'd already initiated his turn and you may or may not have had enough acceleration to lock his rotation by sidling up next to him.

After that, you made the most of a bad situation, taking out the French TD when you saw him. If the SU were closer and more proactive in pushing as the french TD did likewise towards your rear, he could have taken you out when you ignored him. Peekabooming around the rock is exactly what you should do since they have two places to aim for: left or right. If you keep them guessing and if you know where his gun is pointed, you are perfectly safe to poke and fire at weakspots.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

tankist22 #4 Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 71472 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Oh boy...

Thank you so much for taking the time for doing an analysis of the battle from that T-43 standpoint. Thta's exactly how this forum and videos should be used and commented on.

Both replies are why we should be posting  here and coming back to check and reply.

And yes, to make ti short, that SU could play it better. I expected to be dead as I shot the other TD to be honest, but he gave me a chance to finish it positively, by not being active enough and waiting for his last shot that have never happened.

Thanks!

Also tagged with t-43

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users