• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

StillReloading #1 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

Forum Lurker

• Players
  • 12014 battles
  • [RGUT]

Hello all,

Training rooms have been around for a fair little while, and it seems that there are only a few "Game modes" people are hosting. This could be attributed to a lack of creativity, but I like to think that the overall lack of control the host has really hampers what can be done. Here are a few suggestions I have to make training rooms a little bit better.

We all know that if you try and join a room while the tank in your garage is still in battle, the game will stop you. I find this incredibly frustrating. Instead, The game should allow you to join and set your vehicle to "Selecting", and while your vehicle is set to "Selecting" you may not be put on a team. Furthermore, when you are on a team you cannot set your vehicle to "Selecting"

Next, the host should be allowed to set certain parameters on what tanks are allowed to be selected. The UI for this would look the same as filter in the garage. When someone joins and has a tank selected that does not fit in the parameters, they will automatically be set to "Selecting". In the Garage filter there would be a button that automatically filters according to the parameters, and vehicle parameters will be displayed when you look at the room's description. 

Other options the host should have include the ability to turn off the red directional arrow you get when an enemy is spotted, and the outlines that appear when your cross-hair is over a tank. 

Finally, there should be a way to allow respawns and set the game to FFA. I know that the second of these ideas would be much more difficult to implement, as you would have to consider multiple spawns and other changes, but I think that if done, it would bring a lot of new ideas into the scene.

There are my thoughts on the improvement of training rooms. Please put your thoughts on these and your own ideas below.

Sincerely,

StillReloading. 

10,000 battles, still a noob.

CK_GoldenNuggets #2 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29597 battles
  • [OXIDE]
Wow, these are incredible good ideas. Well thought out. +1
I dont think WG will go for most of them because they take time to implement and the Training rooms function fine right now for what they were intended to be used for.
I really like the selecting idea though. It also frustrates me a lot when I cant enter a training or tourney room because my vehicle is in battle.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Oralflame #3 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16071 battles
Turning on/off the infamous red arrows should be a quick addition.

tedg5 #4 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:34 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50655 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostCK_GoldenNuggets, on 27 November 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

Wow, these are incredible good ideas. Well thought out. +1
I dont think WG will go for most of them because they take time to implement and the Training rooms function fine right now for what they were intended to be used for.
I really like the selecting idea though. It also frustrates me a lot when I cant enter a training or tourney room because my vehicle is in battle.

I don’t know of any popular player ideas (from NA anyway) that have been implemented by WG. It’s almost as if anything that comes from us is automatically trash canned. :arta:

acrisis #5 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

... so should we use google translate and hop over to RU?

I do hope, slightly optimistically, if we can keep paving a better way in the forum, and now that there is discord, that NA may be heard a bit more again. But as with anything WG, we are the vocal minority and get overruled easily by money first, other (wg) priorities and stubborn adherance to started ideas having to get rolled out, even if the wheels are falling off. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Also tagged with Training Rooms, Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users