WRs keep falling on my head, but that doesnt mean....

META winrate Strategy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

dadunshootme #1 Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19765 battles
  • [HTX]

So I believe that everyone's, and by everyone's I mean my win rate, has taken a hit due to a combination of the past couple of updates, (I'm looking at you 5.5) and mad games. Mad games were fun however, I feel like it affected the play styles of more than a few players and introduced one too many bad habits. My win rate when from 52.70 down to 52.38ish. not a lot but a downward trend none the less. So whats a rabid warmonger like me supposed to do? Play the Meta. Time to step back and slow down and think about each move, in short play it like chess. 

I love chess and WOT Blitz is not so unlike it. You start with a basic understanding of your team and the other team then being with your opening game, I've always preferred to control the center of the board first and I find that in blitz most maps have a controlling center(area) as well. So long as the team doesn't yolo and die in the first 2 minutes then you transition into a mid-game strategy. I try not to lose any hit points in the opening and trade hit points during the midgame only to clear a tank. People need to understand that a good flanking move should have happened in the opening to mid game part of the strategy. the flanking attack should signify the midgame. from here we should be playing our tanks primary roles( peak-a-boom, hit-and-run, snipe, etc). the transition into endgame occurs when the game starts to take a decisive turn. hopefully in the greens favor. This is where I will spend my hit points I prefer to be in a solid defensive position as well.

But of course, this os WOT Blitz and people don't know how to play chess. So again I ask, what is a warmonger supposed to do? well, play like you are in a 1 on 7 and your team is just bots to draw attention. Play like you have 1 hp. That means use cover, hard and soft. Know where your tank should be at and its weaknesses. I love to pay TD's and mediums, but I suck at medium. The current META is heavys and TDs so that's what I'm going to play for a while. And let us not forget Russian Bias. Why aim and shoot when you can have Lennon and Stalin do it for you. Wolverine can have adamantium, I prefer Stalinium.

I guess in short you are going to have to use your team's weakness and the games META to your advantage. I will be playing some boring slow heavys so I can slow down my gameplay and be intentional with my gameplay. I might also get my borsig and waffle tractor back in order to remind me to play like I have 1 hp and use cover and spotting mechanics. I do think Mad games were fun, and I'm not upset about 5.5 or 5.4, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. And one more thing, I should probably platoon and so should you. I have less than 100 platoon games but I know how effective even a mediocre platoon can be, o7 GLHF

__Frostbite #2 Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30209 battles
  • [-0]
My 30 day winrate is higher than my 60 day or 90.

Once again, it is your actions that will account for your winrate. I don't believe Update 5.5's changes could have already dramatically changed how many games are won before its over, but if remember, we all have the same matchmaking. If there's more noobs at the higher tiers, it will be good for some players like myself, and worse for other players that need unicums to carry them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morphman11 #3 Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
I was averaging 70% at tier X solo.

IAmA40WinRateWeTodd #4 Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26919 battles
  • [CITY]
Meh platooning in this playerbase pays less than it was years ago. I haven’t played in a long time meaning maybe a month and find it difficult to want to even play it’s boring now and it seems the same complaints and hatred toward teams and everything else has remained. I refuse to put more money into a slot machine and gamble it all away anymore. If you are just playing for win rate eeeeesh idk the game has gotten so boring and awful among all facets of the game that playing for fun truly isn’t even that just plain dumb. You used to have maybe MAYBE 4 people of 7 that knew what was up and warp speed to this year and you’ll be lucky to find 1 other person on both teams that has any clue, everyone else is just glitched out via their own devices and network speeds, clueless, trolling or some nooob chatting about the team and how awful the game is or rigged etc. nothing changes 

GentleNova #5 Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]

I keep thinking I’ve seen the worst of the absurdity but only to be shown that it can get worse. Last night I was shown "a whole new world" of absurdity that was similar to the teams during Mad Games but it even surpassed that. Here’s what I mean. 

People have complained about teams sitting back and doing absolutely nothing. If I had a team like this last night, I would have been thankful because I can always pull back behind them and use them as meat shields. 

People also complain about teams that yolo and die in the first minute of the game. Again, I actually would have liked a team like this last night. "What?!!", you say, "Why would you ever want a team like this?!"

It’s because last night I experienced teammates directly impeding my gameplay by bumping & butt hugging my rear and sides, preventing me from angling to attack,....and...even driving in front of me blocking my shots of opportunity (which they were blind to themselves). Bushka has a recent video where he encountered something similar in one battle when his teammates drove behind him and even in front of him, as he was trying to sidescrape his heavy.

So when you’re spending more time trying to get away from your teammates than actually firing and doing damage, things are pretty bad. This is why I would have preferred my team yoloing because at least they wouldn’t have been directly impeding my gameplay.

BTW I realize this was probably a really bad night where my platoonmate and I were having really bad luck. But I’m seeing these patterns of absurdity increasing over time though.

Like a couple of nights ago, my platoon mate and I hold caves ourselves on Black Goldville against 4 enemy and proceed to see our remaining 5 teammates to our left get obliterated and killed by 2 other enemy with the 3rd enemy only showing up when our remaining team was pretty much dead. Like this is beyond absurd. But hey, I’ll even take this, as long as my teammates are not directly impeding my game play. For example, in this Black Goldville game, we obviously lost but I was still happy with my performance and damage. 

Edited by GentleNova, 28 November 2018 - 06:48 PM.

bg2b #6 Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postdadunshootme, on 28 November 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

So long as the team doesn't yolo and die in the first 2 minutes...

So much for that strategy ;)

CosmicWolf20 #7 Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:37 PM

Lord Of Annihilation

• Players
  • 14746 battles
Bring back old meds and old premium shells so I can pad more wr and dmg
  Is that supposed to amuse me little boy?                                                                 pOsTiNg sTaTs iS oVerRatEd

__The_Dude_30__ #8 Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
My win rate is going up. Getting very close to 55%. :hiding:

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Sepp_Ulrich #9 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43600 battles
  • [21DAK]

My WR is still the same, 53.57 and going up. Many players who used to sealclub at lower Tiers are seeing their WRs going down fast, since 5.5 took them away from the easy wins. Try harder.

The Angel of Verdun

Tackywheat1 #10 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:04 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [T-T-T]
my WR is stuck at 53%

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

Also tagged with META, winrate, Strategy

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users