tutorial

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SkillsInTheHills #1 Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9180 battles
  • [YODA_]

In my attempt to suck less at wot blitz I've been watching various tutorial vids over the past few weeks.  It was this forum that put me on to Bushka, and I've expanded from there.

Just now I came across this one, and I found it to be a real stand out, and would be especially helpful to newer players.

He uses a clever format:  the viewer is going to be tested on these skills to prove they're ready for tier VI.  The video provides examples of each skill, all over one continuous battle replay.

It's loaded with tips.  I found his list regarding map awareness to be particularly valuable.

I was so impressed, I thought I'd share here.

jahawa #2 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17134 battles
  • [SPUDX]
OP, I'm glad you found the forums and was led to videos that are helping your game play. Thank you. I wish more were like you. Except for a few trolls, the forums are a bastion of great contributors and info. Good luck on your Blitz quest!

SkillsInTheHills #3 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9180 battles
  • [YODA_]

Thanks for the warm welcome!  

Although I've only been lurking, the forum has been very helpful and pretty drama-free.

I've watched and joined as the discord channel opened up, but I haven't found that to be nearly as intuitive or enlightening.

Thanks to all who continue to contribute here.

ZebraUp #4 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 23459 battles
  • [_UF_]
Be sure to check out e___18989 (unicum training series) & Littlefinger (how NOT to suck series) They both helped me a lot! 

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PanzertroopenVT #5 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostSkillsInTheHills, on 29 November 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

In my attempt to suck less at wot blitz I've been watching various tutorial vids over the past few weeks.  It was this forum that put me on to Bushka, and I've expanded from there.

Just now I came across this one, and I found it to be a real stand out, and would be especially helpful to newer players.

He uses a clever format:  the viewer is going to be tested on these skills to prove they're ready for tier VI.  The video provides examples of each skill, all over one continuous battle replay.

It's loaded with tips.  I found his list regarding map awareness to be particularly valuable.

Great video, "he said peek a boo" with a lead filled snowshoe, he say peek aboooooo

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

PanzertroopenVT #6 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostSkillsInTheHills, on 29 November 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Id also like to point out the red team for the most part camped at thier spawn and had chit for map,awareness ......reg players Cannot expect this type of competition or team play from random spawns. Just being honest.

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

acrisis #7 Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]
Welcome to the WOTB forum. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

littlefinger101 #8 Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36682 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostZebraUp, on 29 November 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Be sure to check out e___18989 (unicum training series) & Littlefinger (how NOT to suck series) They both helped me a lot! 

Thanks ZebraUp  (sorry you just got focused on my most recent HE / ammo mechanics video)

Welcome to the forum.... my channel features mostly lower tier full tank reviews (that are now just a snapshot of history as they were done pre 5.5 The Great Nerfing)

SkillsInTheHills #9 Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9180 battles
  • [YODA_]

View Postlittlefinger101, on 30 November 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Thanks ZebraUp  (sorry you just got focused on my most recent HE / ammo mechanics video)

Welcome to the forum.... my channel features mostly lower tier full tank reviews (that are now just a snapshot of history as they were done pre 5.5 The Great Nerfing)

Thanks Littlefinger!  I just subscribed last night; hopefully you'll hit that 5000 soon!

I actually just watched your video on ammo, partly because I had a game not long before where I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision or not.

It was nearing the end of a battle, and looking pretty dire.  I was in my Helsing and accompanied by a T34, and were were both low health.  We were up against three heavies.  I managed to catch a Gravedigger out of position, and rolled him down to just 14 health with several peek-a-booms (really wished RNG had given me the kill right then).  As I popped out to shoot him one last time, he was turning towards me, and I his armor profile lit him up red.  I decided to shoot HE and hopefully get splash damage for the last 14, but dealt nothing.  I think that moment lost it for us.

I was really questioning my choice afterwards, should I have gone with the apcr?  Maybe I targeted him poorly?  I feel like a better player would have nailed him right then and there.  I think I did the right thing, but it just didn't work this time.  

ZebraUp #10 Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 23459 battles
  • [_UF_]

View Postlittlefinger101, on 30 November 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

That's okay.. I always make you a priority target if i see you on the red team (which seems all too often lol!) as you are 99% of the time the most dangerous foe on the red team.

Also what i like about your videos is that you don't seem to cherry pick only your best games to upload. My first appearance on your YouTube channel* you showed a battle where i killed you and did top damage on my team. Prior to watching it after clanmates told me i was in one of your videos, the only thing i was hoping to see was that i didn't post a goose egg lol!

*it was from way back when we were both still in MOM

Edited by ZebraUp, 30 November 2018 - 10:19 PM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Fu_Manchu_ #11 Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Great video. I love tankie.

And your video led me to some moron ranting about flat earth and how flat earthers are being oppressed. Great for a laugh :teethhappy:

AKA HanYolo_.

Also tagged with tutorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users