When matchmaker and teams are broken...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

NavelliSpaghetti #1 Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8150 battles
  • [C-D-M]

Story time, fellas. There was a time when I had a good winrate, as in above 50%. It was fun. I was having fun. Then update 5.4 came. Then the matchmaker and teams sucked EVEN MORE. I have won probably 4 or 5 battles and lost nearly 36. More than half of which I had top damage in while teammates have 0 damage or below 1000 or even 500. It is absolutely unbelievable. It's not balanced anymore. Well, it wasn't ever balanced, but now it's completely off the tracks of becoming rebalanced. Maybe it's just me. But the data just shows that it's the matchmaker and low-tier players in premium tanks in high tier. I don't know.

Zuke76 #2 Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 17407 battles
  • [FL-TH]
Its the same as before for me

Posit1ve_ #3 Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 49346 battles
  • [_V_]

Once upon a time. WG never changed the matchmaking algorithm, but people always suspected they did. Legend has it that even until this day, matchmaking has never changed. The end.

But seriously, every update, people are like “Matchmaking is so much worse now, meow, meow, meow” And WG straight up has not changed matchmaking in a very long time. 

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

TheReaper68 #4 Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Players
  • 41373 battles
  • [TOES]
The MM is not working...! Just had a game we’re the green team was 335% and red 389%. That’s a little FU, that is like 7 47% vs 7 55%. Got the screen shot for commend.

Edited by TheReaper68, 30 November 2018 - 02:49 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #5 Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21894 battles
  • [III-R]
When I play good I win more.  When I play poorly I win less.  Obviously the game is rigged.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

slayer_____ #6 Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 39425 battles
  • [ATA2D]
I’ve had my “unfair” share of 40%ers lately. Getting old, real fast. 

_potato__salad_ #7 Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3886 battles
  • [LMFA0]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 30 November 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Once upon a time. WG never changed the matchmaking algorithm, but people always suspected they did. Legend has it that even until this day, matchmaking has never changed. The end.

But seriously, every update, people are like “Matchmaking is so much worse now, meow, meow, meow” And WG straight up has not changed matchmaking in a very long time. 

They have changed it, they even said so. What was it one or two updates ago.

4sfield #8 Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32098 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 30 November 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

When I play good I win more. When I play poorly I win less. Obviously the game is rigged.

This^

It’s an excuse, “When I play good and I lose, it’s the match makers fault”. What about when you play bad and you win? Is that the matchmakers fault too? 

The definition of good is not the same for everyone. When I play well, I carry nearly every game. When I play bad, I still play better than nearly everyone else in the match. I’ve died 1st, lead the team in damage and won, did I play well then? I’ve been the last alive and done twice what my team did combined and lost, did I play well then? The answer to bother  is, I didn’t play well enough. 

Everyone gets the same [edited], sometimes the [edited]on red play their best and beat the Hell out of the [edited]on green. Sometimes you are the only good player on both teams. That doesn’t mean you still can’t be beaten. To win now, you have to think like a tard, you have to speak their language and you have to play better than 13 [edited]combined. Sounds easy right? Nope, sometimes it’s pretty far from easy. 

Every match is unpredictable. You have to analyze your team at every situation, you have to be a babysitter and you have to do the dirty work. To do that you have to be aware of what’s going on at all times. You have to take into account what vehicle your playing and where you need to be to maximize your chance of winning. Winning consistently is not about tank skills anymore, it’s about how much you know about the game and being able to apply it into being adaptable. It’s about being in control, dictating the flow of the battle and getting what you can out of your team mates. To do that you have to make good decisions while not trusting anyone to do what you expect them to do. You have to recognize what dumb is and not do that while staying aggressive enough to be effective and still save enough of yourself for the end game. You have to make yourself matter more than everyone else, put the team on your back and win even though most of them haven’t got a effin clue what you or anyone else is trying to do.

Even when you do all of that some games are not winnable. You just can’t make up for the sheer amount of stupid. To truly play well means to win at a consistent pace at or above 60%. It doesn’t matter how well you think you played. You have to be into it to mentally 100% and not count yourself out when you get down a tank or 2. I’ve won being down 4 just as much as I’ve been steam rolled.

It is and always has been about what you do, not what you think everyone else should have done. It’s not always about doing the most damage or using your team as meat like it used to be. It’s about patience, making good decisions, being where you need to be at the right time and awareness. It’s a struggle because although most guys suck, they do not all play the same way. The only thing you can count on is them being unpredictable. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

shyw #9 Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47223 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 30 November 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

they have clearly stated that they did change MM, during their “Live Show” a few months ago and during an interview by Sk8 a year or so ago with the WG staff.

they also confirmed they modified MM so that there are maximum number of TD’s and Heavies in any given battle to balance the Teams and they also stated that they modified RNG algorithms to assist newbies and lower Winrate Tankers.

just take a look at your average damage per battle, per a particular/favorite tank, you will notice that your average damage has decreased

you had tanks with 60% Winrate and all of a sudden is like you forgot how to shoot straight, cannot make damage like you use to and now that marvelous tank has dropped to a 50% or below Winrate.

i wished I saved that link, maybe someone out there remember those WG interviews and can confirm what I have stated and have the links. I know I did not dream this.

but again, we must all adjust and adapt or like others have, scale back your playing time or just hang it up

the challenge we all have is that we must adjust to the current situation. If you can and do, you will be stable and/or get better, If not your Winrate will crash.

the issue/question that WG must address is what is the objective and purpose of this game....for us is to have fun, improve and win, for WG is to add more players, add more money streams and make money/profit.

Edited by shyw, 30 November 2018 - 08:55 PM.

shyw #10 Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47223 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Post4sfield, on 30 November 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

This^

It’s an excuse, “When I play good and I lose, it’s the match makers fault”. What about when you play bad and you win? Is that the matchmakers fault too? 

The definition of good is not the same for everyone. When I play well, I carry nearly every game. When I play bad, I still play better than nearly everyone else in the match. I’ve died 1st, lead the team in damage and won, did I play well then? I’ve been the last alive and done twice what my team did combined and lost, did I play well then? The answer to bother  is, I didn’t play well enough. 

Everyone gets the same [edited], sometimes the [edited]on red play their best and beat the Hell out of the [edited]on green. Sometimes you are the only good player on both teams. That doesn’t mean you still can’t be beaten. To win now, you have to think like a tard, you have to speak their language and you have to play better than 13 [edited]combined. Sounds easy right? Nope, sometimes it’s pretty far from easy. 

Every match is unpredictable. You have to analyze your team at every situation, you have to be a babysitter and you have to do the dirty work. To do that you have to be aware of what’s going on at all times. You have to take into account what vehicle your playing and where you need to be to maximize your chance of winning. Winning consistently is not about tank skills anymore, it’s about how much you know about the game and being able to apply it into being adaptable. It’s about being in control, dictating the flow of the battle and getting what you can out of your team mates. To do that you have to make good decisions while not trusting anyone to do what you expect them to do. You have to recognize what dumb is and not do that while staying aggressive enough to be effective and still save enough of yourself for the end game. You have to make yourself matter more than everyone else, put the team on your back and win even though most of them haven’t got a effin clue what you or anyone else is trying to do.

Even when you do all of that some games are not winnable. You just can’t make up for the sheer amount of stupid. To truly play well means to win at a consistent pace at or above 60%. It doesn’t matter how well you think you played. You have to be into it to mentally 100% and not count yourself out when you get down a tank or 2. I’ve won being down 4 just as much as I’ve been steam rolled.

It is and always has been about what you do, not what you think everyone else should have done. It’s not always about doing the most damage or using your team as meat like it used to be. It’s about patience, making good decisions, being where you need to be at the right time and awareness. It’s a struggle because although most guys suck, they do not all play the same way. The only thing you can count on is them being unpredictable. 

^^^^^ correct

why you must adapt to the current state of play

you remember back when it was +2/2 MM....what chance did a tier 4 had against a tier 6?

none, but back then we had to work with what was given to us and adapt to the situation.

we must do it again or just hang it up

there was also a time when you could do a tier 8 toon with a tier 1

seeing a tiny MS-1 in the same battle with tier 8’s and 9’s was hilarious and that made no sense so WG modified that for the better

we also had the situation that you could shoot and kill your own teammates.....well they made adjustment to that too.

maybe sometime in the future we will look back to today and say the same if this game is still around

Edited by shyw, 30 November 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Ursu_Maritimus #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 32155 battles
  • [RCAB]

Since update 5.5 I have noticed that teams on tiers 5 to 10 are filled with players who have less than a 45% WR, no real skills, yolo, and no team play. I know I can't or won't win every battle; but I am now finding more often that I am the last tank alive, facing 5 to 7 reds. My team just melted. I think pushing low tier players up the tech tree is driving this. It isn't doing the game any good and the long time players are playing less and less. I am even considering leaving the game period.

I think players should have to work their way up the ranks with a system of min number of battles in each tier, and can only move on to the next tier when they do.

I finished the 10 ranked battles yesterday; 4 wins 6 losses; every game had the majority of players 45% or less and I was generally the last guy alive. And before anyone starts with me camping etc I play my tank to the situation. I don't yolo, or camp. I try to play smart, but it doesn't seem to help with the players in the game these days.

WG give this some consideration, I used to like this game and play a lot; now I am rethinking this as a waste of time without any real entertainment or reward.

__really__321 #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4011 battles
WG/WOTB are all Foriegn [edited]Fascists [edited].....

Stgeorge28 #13 Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Private

• Players
  • 89784 battles
  • [RM]

First let me say been playing a while, lots of battles, maybe a bit better then average, but I am tired of the following:

1. Top score on my tm and losing 

2. Top score on both tms and losing

3. 4 kill/5300 hp game at tier 8 and losing (and don’t tell me to carry harder)

4. Tired if tier 8 pz 58 with a total of 29 battles and 14.29 wr and losing 

5. Tired of four players on team with wr below 45% and red tm gets two 60%ers

6. Tired of tds camping and watching tm die and not moving and losing

But as many of you reading this know it’s the state of the game. Also I no longer look at wr, if I am making credits am winning.

Stgeorge 28

TheGreatAuk #14 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33976 battles
  • [HLYWD]
Something is messed up.  I’ve been playing since the beginning, seen it all from +2matchmaking to spare parts and beyond.  I’ve never seen the complete mess that the game is right now.  My personal theory, is that the rebalancing of tiers 5 and down combined with whatever they did to help out the noobs, threw the entire thing off balance.  Low tiers are super boring now.  This  drives the noobs north to high tiers, which throws off the balance of high tiers.  The experienced players get frustrated, now they can’t even go blow off steam in a DW2, so they just go play something else, thus creating a feedback loop which makes the problems even worse.    

Tramram #15 Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8156 battles
  • [CRSHD]

This is always repeated. Everybody says that matchmaker gets worse... if you ask them. It probably does stay the same. But it is definitely rigged and has been. I want everybody reading this game to think over your whole account history. You start either wonderful (for a multiplayer game) or horribly if you are just too bad for the game. I started well. Above 50%, most people do start that way. I am lucky enough to have a 55 and 53% WR for my accounts because I swapped strategies. But most people now have 48% WR as a high end average, down to 38%. I do not pay. No, I don't. I hate WG, and they hate me. I have sent in about 14 tickets in 6 months. None of them were ever fixed completely. They always fix it, temporarily, and make it come back later. Not all were necessarily glitches though. But tell me that you have never had a moment where you lose 25 battles and win just 5. Paying players, I asked a question, do you pay. I also asked this to non-paying players. 11 players responded. 5 yes, 6 no. All paying players had WRs 50%+. All non-paying players besides me and 1 other had under 50 - 3 of the 4 had under 45. I'm not commenting to say it got worse, but to say that it is rigged. Do a survey. Get 10 responses and reply how many said it is or is not rigged. I recently started doing that out of hatred for Wargaming, I got 14 responses. The best response was it's ok. Seriously though, I post about 3 pages on my phone worth of complaints out of hatred because the game is so rigged, every time I send in a ticket to them. Anybody else feel this way?

SpartacusDiablo #16 Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21894 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostTramram, on 19 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

This is always repeated. Everybody says that matchmaker gets worse... if you ask them. It probably does stay the same. But it is definitely rigged and has been. I want everybody reading this game to think over your whole account history. You start either wonderful (for a multiplayer game) or horribly if you are just too bad for the game. I started well. Above 50%, most people do start that way. I am lucky enough to have a 55 and 53% WR for my accounts because I swapped strategies. But most people now have 48% WR as a high end average, down to 38%. I do not pay. No, I don't. I hate WG, and they hate me. I have sent in about 14 tickets in 6 months. None of them were ever fixed completely. They always fix it, temporarily, and make it come back later. Not all were necessarily glitches though. But tell me that you have never had a moment where you lose 25 battles and win just 5. Paying players, I asked a question, do you pay. I also asked this to non-paying players. 11 players responded. 5 yes, 6 no. All paying players had WRs 50%+. All non-paying players besides me and 1 other had under 50 - 3 of the 4 had under 45. I'm not commenting to say it got worse, but to say that it is rigged. Do a survey. Get 10 responses and reply how many said it is or is not rigged. I recently started doing that out of hatred for Wargaming, I got 14 responses. The best response was it's ok. Seriously though, I post about 3 pages on my phone worth of complaints out of hatred because the game is so rigged, every time I send in a ticket to them. Anybody else feel this way?

No.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

4sfield #17 Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32098 battles
  • [-1]

View PostTramram, on 19 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Seriously?

I don’t think I’ve ever gone 5-25, never, ever.

I think the issue is that the game is hard and nubs expect to win without having to put in any effort. There is math involved in all aspects of it and guys don’t understand game mechanics or have a clue about anything. The amount of knowledge it takes to be a consistent winner is vast and justifying a bad WR by crying rigged is what nubs do.

Everyone’s WR is a reflection of personal performance and has nothing to do with anything else. WG is not out to get you, they’re out to get your money. Nubs need to stop blaming everything for their failures. They also need to stop looking for a “Silver Bullet because there is no tank in the game that is going to make a career 40%er a winner. You have to learn, to do that you have to study and to do that you have to be willing to make an effort. 

I think RNG is atrocious compared to what if once was and tanks have been watered down. It was all done to help the new guys keep interest so they’d stick around and spend money. The game is different than it was 3 years ago but one thing remains the same. You still have to outplay everyone on the red team to win and to do that better than most you can’t be an idiot.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

adaretpdx #18 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:29 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1159 battles
  • [KBG]
KI’m getting extremely frustrated. Lately, wins are few and far between. Obviously, we all have a bad game here and there but I’m starting to get tired of the losses when I’m usually near the top in damage. I think there is a coding error bug somewhere that is throwing off the matchmaking. If this continues, i’ll Move on to another game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users