5 replies to this topic

Cafe17951 #1 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21893 battles
  • [--R--]

Source:https://www.facebook.com/1925468681005352/posts/2260854724133411/

Discord:https://discord.gg/D4bvqsz

(The text is somewhat long so I'll summarize, do not expect this feature soon in the game) if you want to know why read the below.

It’s still interesting how the BC blast and the tower would have looked if this mechanic were present in the game .. In this article we will analyze all the subtleties of this feature and answer the question why it is still not in our game.

First, let's understand how the players learned about it and why they want it.

This mechanic was invented and implemented in the elder brother of Blitz - World of Tanks. Players who have ever played it want this function here too, for the following reasons:

Beautiful / Specific.

The turret can be used as protection.

The turret can accidentally destroy a tank standing next to it if it falls on it.

There are no other features of the separation of the turret , it should be borne in mind that in a big brother the tower does not always come off in the event of an explosive explosion.

Why it is not in the game.

We did not guess at this question and turned directly to the developer.

Question:

Hello, tell me why in the game there is still no mechanics of the separation of the turret in the explosion of a combat unit? Do they work on it?

Answer:

Now we have a tank consists of N polygons. Video chip devices need to process them throughout the battle.

If the turret flies away, then it will be necessary to draw about N more polygons from the inside, so that it looks beautiful + this will need to make the effect of tearing off the tower, which will devour more device resources.

After the introduction of such a feature, your smartphone will have to draw twice the most when you detach the tower.

The question arises: are you ready to put up with the lags of your device at the time of the turret separation for this? =)

Everything is easier on a PC ... There, many people change video cards like a clock and the performance of video cards is much higher than on mobile devices. There you can afford this innovation.

Naturally, technologies are developing and mobile as well. As soon as it becomes possible to do this without prejudice to the players, then why not do it ?!

Let us explain a little bit of beauty for the beauty that is being discussed in the answer.

If we "open" our tank, we will see different parts, elements, etc.

This place is used, more simply, to store the textures of different parts of the tank, and in order to remove them from there, you need to increase the number of polygons, which will greatly load the device.

Who wants to try to just drive on multi-poly models, download the mod on HD models, and then imagine that all 14 cars from the battlefield are like that.

All that you saw in the screenshots above - these are our concepts that are not related to the game. At the moment, this mechanics in the game is not, and you should not wait until the developers have the opportunity to do everything so that everyone is happy.

minitel_NA #2 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]
reduce text size thank you 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:11 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22890 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postminitel_NA, on 08 December 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

reduce text size thank you 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Vantablack12 #4 Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10095 battles
  • [419]
So basically we need an IPhone 12 for this to happen?
I cant find anything to put here.

GentleNova #5 Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25137 battles
  • [-CFR-]
It’s funny you mention this. A couple weeks back I saw one American tank explode in an unusual fashion. Almost looked like a volcano erupting, exploding upwards quite high into the air, much larger than normal. The turret separating was the only thing missing. Wish I had watched the replay and recorded it. 

j0nn0 #6 Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 17586 battles
  • [XREGS]

*on mobile*

*sees wall of text*

*scrolls*

*still scrolling*

*more scrolling*

*comments this thing and abandons thread without bothering to read since it's already been discussed before*

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Also tagged with BlitzNewsNa, news, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users