Best tanks Best Guns Consumables Provisions Equipment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

oldman1500 #1 Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7848 battles
  • [WAR_G]

Hi all!  I am currently still grinding tanks at tier 5 and 6.  I had maxed out the tanks I did the best with before 5.5, however with the 5.5 update I lost most of the tanks I had maxed and did well in.  I am now trying to figure out the best tanks, equipment, guns, equipment and such for the present game conditions.  What I have now are mostly meds and heavies  with a few lights and TD's that are not maxed out. They are mostly U.S., German, and Russian.  My WR is about 52.00% and struggling to keep it there.  I know I have played quite a few games and probably should know some of this stuff already but, I would still like your opinions.  Best tanks after 5.5, best guns, what consumables, provisions , and equipment do you typically run for heavies, mediums, lights, and TDs.  I don't feel I am ready for anything above tier 8 ( might not be ready for tier 6 LOL).  Just trying to get through tier 5, 6, and 7 but, any advice on any tier is welcomed.

Oralflame #2 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19110 battles
  • [-AIDS]
StuG is pretty weak now. It’s dpm matches mediums and it doesn’t have the HP. KV-1 is good still. KV-1S is as well. KV-2 is always fun, but not reliable and pretty difficult. ARL is good but a bit of a rough grind.

ZebraUp #3 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 30677 battles
  • [_UF_]
ARL 44 is one of the best tanks in tier 6 with great pen with the top gun, and angled up a pretty bouncy hull. 

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #5 Worldwide lol!

_Cletus #4 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33621 battles
  • [III-C]

Everyone is probably sick of hearing me say it, but I'm in love with the Jackson right now.  It's a TD with a turret.  Start the match sniping, and towards the end of the match go into medium mode.  Remember it's still a TD, the turret turns very slowly, so remember to turn the whole tank to get the gun on target quickly.  It's got a laser accurate gun, does 225 damage, and a decent rate of fire.

If you are more of a heavy driver the Tiger P is the way to go.  It's got incredible frontal armor and very weak sides, so face the enemy with a slight angle.  It's weak points in front is the lower plate and the big hatch, so keep the plate covered and be ready to wave your barrel in front of your hatch if you end up face to face.  It's got a sweet gun with a great rate of fire, works really well with adrenaline.

If it burns when I pee, does that mean I wouldn't be a good fireman?

carta_gena #5 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23055 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostCletusrocks_ap, on 12 December 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Everyone is probably sick of hearing me say it, but I'm in love with the Jackson right now.  It's a TD with a turret.  Start the match sniping, and towards the end of the match go into medium mode.  Remember it's still a TD, the turret turns very slowly, so remember to turn the whole tank to get the gun on target quickly.  It's got a laser accurate gun, does 225 damage, and a decent rate of fire.

If you are more of a heavy driver the Tiger P is the way to go.  It's got incredible frontal armor and very weak sides, so face the enemy with a slight angle.  It's weak points in front is the lower plate and the big hatch, so keep the plate covered and be ready to wave your barrel in front of your hatch if you end up face to face.  It's got a sweet gun with a great rate of fire, works really well with adrenaline.

That’s my favorite tier 6 rn, I love playing it and so far doing pretty well. 220+ games on 73% WR.

__Frostbite #6 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 33493 battles
  • [_V_]

I was playing the SU-100Y and averaging 2k damage. omegalul. 

Who thought putting an accurate 130mm gun on a Tier 6 with decent DPM, amazing penetration, and 530 damage premium ammo could possibly be balanced? Sure, the chassis is huge and bulky, and doesn't have very good armor. But it is decently fast as well with good ramming potential. This thing is literally the Deathstar of Tier 6 (does anywhere from 1/2 to 4/5 of a tank HP's in one shot). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barny227 #7 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39533 battles
  • [MOM]

Tier 5 best tanks:

I haven't played much in a while here but I have always liked the T1 heavy and the M4.  The PZ3/4 has been made a collector tank now and I haven't played it since the update.

Tier 6 best tanks.

Light: vk28.01, I haven't played the Chaffee since it was buffed so take this for what it is.

Med: T34-85 or Cromwell or the Easy 8

TD: Jackson because who does't like a turret.

Heavy: ARL as a good all arounder or if you can be patient the KV-1S

Tier 7 best tanks

Light: The LTTB or the Dragon.

Medium: The Comet

TD: SU-152 ( I never liked this tank )

Heavy: The German ones or the AMX M4.

I usually run the same consumables of double repair kits and then engine boost or adrenaline depending on the tank.

Equipment does very a little bit depending on the tank. Top row is usually all to the left unless it is a TD that I sit in than I will run camo net. 2nd row is GLD on a peak a boom or sniper set up and tanks that are run and gun are supercharged shells, armor boost next for tanks that have armor, and then engine power on most tanks.  Third row I only ever equip Vstab.

Take all of this with a grain of salt since I am not the most proficient player out there.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #8 Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45190 battles
  • [DUNE_]

I see tank recommendations, but not the general advice that the forum typically offers, so I'll add it here:

1. watch youtube reviews for every new tank you try to drive. Also, watch the WOT instructional youtube vids on how armor and penetration works 

2. toon with players who know how to play

3. when you are eliminated, find the player that appears to be doing the most for your team and observe what he does: where on the map does he go? why? where relative to teammates does he position himself? when does he shoot or not. how is the armor angled. Watch how each teammate plays and note whether or not they are aware of each other and how the battle is unfolding.

4. work on situational awareness. Try to know what is happening at all times and respond proactively.

5. auto-aim - know how it works on both platforms (PC - focuses on cneter of mass but stays on target even off screen so red PC guys can shoot you and still pay attention to where they are driving; Touch - you can put the focus where you want it, but it will fall off on obstacles including other green tanks). If you are on touch, i recommend only useing auto aim in the standard view. Disable it in sniper mode.

6.Don't yolo. 

7. Above all: Know your tanks!!! Focus in one a few tanks at a time. Know the role that it is supposed to play based on it's type and it's particular characteristics. Up until now, you have been in low tiers, so tank type didn't matter as much as general experience. In upper tiers, the types become more committed to their specific strengths and weaknesses. If you are in a TD, stay back, let your team spot, but don't camp at spawn. Stay just out of spotting range and use cover. Remember, moving your turret doesn't break static cammo. If you are in a super heavy, your role is to draw fire, hold the line. If you are in a mobile heavy, you could do that or you could go with the meds. If your tank is mobile at all you need to respond to the situation on the map. Don't pretend your speedy TD is actually a light. Don't try to push a flank in the slowest heavy of the tier.

8. LOOK AT THE MAP! So many players cause needlessly lost games cause they simply have no idea what is happening outside of the red tank they have in sniper view. Know where your allies are. Know where the reds are. Know how many reds are not spotted. Once they are all spotted, then you might want to reposition to hold a strategic point (with your heavy), or push a hole you see in their flank (with your light). Help out your teammates. Keep green guns alive and eliminnate red guns - take the kill shot if you have it, but if you are shooting a high alpha gun, maybe let a teammate elimniate a low HP red and save your shot for a red with more HP left.

There is a lot of subtlty to this game, which is why it is great. Take your time with each tank. If you feel impatient in battle, stop playing for a bit. If you are losing and don't know why, change tiers and/or tank types. Or take a break.

oldman1500 #9 Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7848 battles
  • [WAR_G]
All good information!! Thanks!  Can we keep this going a little longer?  I am going to try moving towards some of the recommended tanks.  I am especially interested in how you all use equipment, consumables, and provisions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users