#T49

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

aquaman10991 #1 Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6904 battles
  • [FE4R2]

So I got this thing not to long ago and immediately my troubles began. At first I tried listening to everybody and attempting to outflank the enemy. I’d get one shot in, or I’d stop, let my gun settle, and shoot sending the shell flying off to God knows where. Then I’d try to run my *** of trying to get out of dodge and every med on the team would run me down. I’m truly and utterly lost. It doesn’t have the pen or accuracy to play up front, and I get annihilated every time I try to flank because my acceleration can’t get me out of there fast enough. And HE is the nightmare fuel that makes me afraid to play this thing. 

Point being somebody better give me something to help me out, or this thing is going the way of the low tier autoloaders and disappearing from my garage.

If there’s nothing faster than light, how’d the dark get there first?—Me

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

Nathanronco #2 Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8716 battles
  • [BOMV]
Tbh It is a difficult tank to play. Flank the hell out of heavys. Avoid brawling. Conserve HP and use your 72 km speed limit. Use HEAT if you are scared of use HE.

Edited by Nathanronco, 12 December 2018 - 03:51 PM.

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag. " Joseph Stalin, 1944 Russia

john_bond_16_pc #3 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

The name's bond...John bond.

• Players
  • 15644 battles
  • [COD-R]
It is easily my favorite tank but I'm not sure how to describe my play style in it:teethhappy:

​"Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay."

​Ptank2012

COD-R CLAN DEP & TRPD MATE

Stats:                                                                                       

Kiser_Sosei #4 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 29954 battles
  • [III]
The tank should be named T49-RNG. There is very little middle ground, your game is either great or a dismal failure. The decision to keep playing is yours alone.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Oralflame #5 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13537 battles
Remember that you’re only scary as long as you’re loaded. Like a KV-2. If you don’t have a good shot, maybe don’t waste your time?

j0nn0 #6 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 17254 battles
  • [XREGZ]

You've got to be opportunistic, stick to hard cover, know your timing, and gamble like hell. Have a look at some of my replays in it https://replays.woti...h=18209#filters . Maybe they'll help. Anyways, the two most recent replays are some of the better outcomes when rng doesn't hate my guts as much as usual.

*edit* If you want, we could toon a few and I can breakdown the replays/reasoning with you step by step sometime next week after my finals are over. Just send me a pm and friend request in game whenever you wanna give it a go and I'll have the analysis done in a day it two.

Edited by j0nn0, 12 December 2018 - 05:22 PM.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

__Flip_Fl0p__ #7 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 47709 battles
  • [BHOTT]
Be a light tank first. Spot and scout till the battle develops then hit the flank. Look for isolated targets or undefended areas of the map where you can snipe from cano. Keep turning the flank till you get pushed then leave.

Zuke76 #8 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 16353 battles

View PostNathanronco, on 12 December 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Tbh It is a difficult tank to play. Flank the hell out of heavys. Avoid brawling. Conserve HP and use your 72 km speed limit. Use HEAT if you are scared of use HE.

Actually it would be the other way around, Use HE if you are scared to use HEAT, of course only on armored heavys and mediums.

Nathanronco #9 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8716 battles
  • [BOMV]

View PostZuke76, on 12 December 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Actually it would be the other way around, Use HE if you are scared to use HEAT, of course only on armored heavys and mediums.

I meant if you were scared of losing a ton of creds per battle
" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag. " Joseph Stalin, 1944 Russia

GentleNova #10 Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24643 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postaquaman10991, on 12 December 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

It doesn’t have the pen or accuracy to play up front, and I get annihilated every time I try to flank because my acceleration can’t get me out of there fast enough.

Which tells me that when you’re flanking the enemy, you’re probably getting way to close to them before firing. You’re killing yourself before you even start because you now have no buffer room (due to crappy acceleration) to get away, since they will turn on you and rush you as a major threat on their rear.

Play like a one shot light (as others have noted), rather than a brawling medium, and harass from the distance using bushes and camo if possible, even when attacking from the rear. Focus on tanks you can pen easily as well. So if you get on the rear of the enemy, don’t just shoot the first target you see (which may be a heavy) but selectively shoot the tank you can pen and damage the most easily.

Save your hit points for close combat in the second half of the game as a "finisher", preferably doing a smooth "drive by shooting" rather than a stop and shoot, so you can keep your momentum going. If you stop and shoot in the open and don’t kill them, you’re screwed, again due to your crappy acceleration. So if you have to stop and shoot, be near cover so you can keep it between you and the enemy until you reload (like j0nn0 did in his most recent replay).

Finally you don’t have to be at the top of the battle results, doing massive damage, to turn the tide of battle, as Bushka notes about light tanks in the video below (which I’ve started at the point he begins to talk about this). This is amplified even more so by the psychology effect of the T49’s dangerous derp gun to get people to follow you and pull them away from the front line, helping your teammates smash those that remain. (Note: I think his LTTB got way to close and he should have stayed back behind the second ridge rather than pushing on the frontline ridge, especially with the enemy T49 there, so again I wouldn’t push that close if you’re in a T49.)

PS. A lot of this stuff I learned the hard way playing the tank the wrong way just like you. You’ll get it eventually. Just give yourself some space to change your way of thinking. Again have a one shot light mindset throughout the game.

Edited by GentleNova, 12 December 2018 - 07:24 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #11 Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20205 battles
  • [III]
Here is my two cents.

You have to be a decent light driver to do well in the 49.  You need to plan your scout run with hard cover and a retreat plan ready to go at all times.  Stay within your teams field of view.  

You don't have to shoot.  If you have the reds spotted and you are unspotted you don't have to shoot.  Resist the urge.  Keep the reds spotted so that the greens can engage them from a distance.  Once you are spotted get out of Dodge quick.  Fall back through your team and engage from a different angle.

Okay now it's time to shoot.  If you see a Borsig or Baby Waffle blast it.  If you see a CDC blast it too.  Make your shots count.  Did you just see a heavy in the open?  Did he just use his repair kit to fix a busted track?  If so, nail his track quick.  Help your team send him back to the garage.

Conserve your HP.  You can be a game changer at the end of the match. Blast low health reds right in the taint.  Focus on taking guns out of the fight.

The T49 is a hoot... An expensive hoot but a hoot nonetheless.  

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

j0nn0 #12 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 17254 battles
  • [XREGZ]

View PostNathanronco, on 12 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

I meant if you were scared of losing a ton of creds per battle

if you're worried about credits, the t49 is not the tank for you. Put the notion of staying in the black out of your head immediately with this tank cuz youll be bleeding credits like a stuck pig if you want to be even marginally effective in it. My suggestion: stockpile at least 500k credits before attempting the tank grind on derp mode. It's a fun hoot, but expensive. Think of it like a Ferrari or something. It goes fast, has oomph, but the upkeep is way out of most people's budget to sustain.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Nathanronco #13 Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8716 battles
  • [BOMV]

View Postj0nn0, on 12 December 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

if you're worried about credits, the t49 is not the tank for you. Put the notion of staying in the black out of your head immediately with this tank cuz youll be bleeding credits like a stuck pig if you want to be even marginally effective in it. My suggestion: stockpile at least 500k credits before attempting the tank grind on derp mode. It's a fun hoot, but expensive. Think of it like a Ferrari or something. It goes fast, has oomph, but the upkeep is way out of most people's budget to sustain.

I treat it as a 'pay to have fun' tank. I save up 25k creds and go out in a match. I lose creds none the less, but its worth it. I had fun. Thats the point of the game.

aquaman10991 #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6904 battles
  • [FE4R2]
Thanks guys! Yall have been really helpful and I’ve really improved my WR. The other day I had like a 3000dmg game in it! The only issue is that the last 5 matches I’ve been in I’ve lost. Not nessesarily because of poor driving, but no joke my team getting annihilated in 2 minutes. In each of these games I’ve been a contributing member at 1800-2700 dmg but I’m still losing. Is there some way I can help my team better or do I just have bad team luck?

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20205 battles
  • [III]

View Postaquaman10991, on 08 January 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

Thanks guys! Yall have been really helpful and I’ve really improved my WR. The other day I had like a 3000dmg game in it! The only issue is that the last 5 matches I’ve been in I’ve lost. Not nessesarily because of poor driving, but no joke my team getting annihilated in 2 minutes. In each of these games I’ve been a contributing member at 1800-2700 dmg but I’m still losing. Is there some way I can help my team better or do I just have bad team luck?

All you can do is spot the reds and try to bring the two teams together.  After that it's just a contest of which team has the best worst players... Or would it be the worst best players?

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

aquaman10991 #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6904 battles
  • [FE4R2]
Lol got me there man! I try not to get all philosophical with my tanks because while I’m pondering how he in the bt7 arty pens more than the ap, a derpmobile can roll up behind me and delete my little but off the server

aquaman10991 #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6904 battles
  • [FE4R2]

View Postaquaman10991, on 09 January 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Lol got me there man! I try not to get all philosophical with my tanks because while I’m pondering how he in the bt7 arty pens more than the ap, a derpmobile can roll up behind me and delete my little but off the server

*the he pens more than the ap

Also tagged with #T49

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users