New Year's Adventure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #21 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 19 December 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Quick question, I got multiples of the legendary camo for the 121b. I'm not really interested in that tank and yet I can't sell the camo for credits like I can with the other multiples I got. Will you do something about this? Guess same goes for the multiple avatars I got from crates.

Right now there's no compensation mechanics if you don't have the tank and don't use the camo. Maybe it will be implemented later.
Speaking of avatars, we are preparing a tool which will atomize avatars. 

RibbleStripe #22 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostBrick_DaHound, on 20 December 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

the whole thing is a joke Spend money spend,  spend and they give you candy canes i cant even seem to get credit to buy the stupid crap to put on the tree. oh great i got another stupid avatar instead of something i can use like the howitzer and armor you stole from my Pz.Kpfw-IV or even the normal power ups. thanks for the happy holiday B.S.  bah-humbug  

Everyone can get a prize comparable to efforts and time. 

Redzone01 #23 Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1576 battles

My issue is that this event was needlesly complex. Talking to other people in game shows they have no clue about the auction or how it works. I early on have wasted tickets thinking you had to unlock each level to get the tank on the top line. I know now that is not right but the arrows pointing toward the tank made it look so. I have only 1 tier 5 so those were tickets wasted that hurt.

It is a nice event but the howtos need to be cleaned up in game.

Also another suggestion provide some low tier grind event that give lesser rewards. This will involve your newer players and help retain them to the game.

RoadKutter #24 Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 37518 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 20 December 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

Speaking of avatars, we are preparing a tool which will atomize avatars. 

So simmilar to booster combining? Combine 3 rare avatars and get a platoon light  indicator maybe?

Also, do you realize how much pain in da butt it is to activate 650 free xp certificates? A little field that would accept input for the number  of certificates to use would be nice. Kinda like when you are converting free xp.

Ghosting reds since 2014

outersketcher #25 Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12735 battles
  • [COD-R]
I do like the knitted iPad cover. Nice.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

shyw #26 Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48554 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 20 December 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Everyone can get a prize comparable to efforts and time. 

off topic....... Ribble....how was your trip?

SuperMax812 #27 Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17207 battles
  • [_V2_]
Capitalism isn't very efficient 

World of Tanks Blitz is A Fair & Balanced Game...
Like Really it is...
Don't Lie, it really is...
trust me :v
https://www.youtube....h?v=GRxofEmo3HA

RibbleStripe #28 Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostRedzone01, on 20 December 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

My issue is that this event was needlesly complex. Talking to other people in game shows they have no clue about the auction or how it works. I early on have wasted tickets thinking you had to unlock each level to get the tank on the top line. I know now that is not right but the arrows pointing toward the tank made it look so. I have only 1 tier 5 so those were tickets wasted that hurt.

It is a nice event but the howtos need to be cleaned up in game.

Also another suggestion provide some low tier grind event that give lesser rewards. This will involve your newer players and help retain them to the game.

I agree event can be hard to understand at once. It's because there are multiple sub-events - in-game event, decorating event, auction and lucky draw. We prepared separate detailed news for every part and it's much easier to get all the conditions step by step. Big events can't be too easy.

Newbies also can get valuable awards in several events during the year. NY Event is something different.

View PostRoadKutter, on 20 December 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

So simmilar to booster combining? Combine 3 rare avatars and get a platoon light  indicator maybe?

Also, do you realize how much pain in da butt it is to activate 650 free xp certificates? A little field that would accept input for the number  of certificates to use would be nice. Kinda like when you are converting free xp.

Right - and 1000 avatars combined will give you dream-team for 3 battles )))

Yes, i realize how long it takes. Don't want to say the same words over and over again but certificates combining is also what we work on.

View Postshyw, on 21 December 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

off topic....... Ribble....how was your trip?

That was the first time i took part in WG Fest. It went great because i really enjoy meeting players in real life and chatting with them. But to be honest i was totally exhausted on my way back home. Even Seattle trip wasn't so hard in psychical terms. 
Also it was a very interesting experience because i haven't been to Moscow for a long time (maybe 15 years) and it changed significantly.

cheesehead247365 #29 Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12264 battles
  • [-EZ-]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 21 December 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

...... Big events can't be too easy.

This is LOL funny to me.  this thing is so confusing I couldn't have thought it up if I tried

ImmortalEggz #30 Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4842 battles
  • [KNELL]

Heres a good Question... and i quote "
From both the Box of Vanilla Candy and Box of Sugar-Free Candy, you'll always get either a Lucky Ticket, Candy Canes, or legendary camouflage. "

i bought sugar free candy box and ended up with some silver and a couple cooldown boosters... how is that "always" getting one of those 3... i wasted 50k free xp to get silver and a couple cooldown boosters.. even though it says in the description on the event that you will "always get one of those 3"

because silver and cooldown boosters don't help me in the event at all..

and also, why doesn't Wargaming inform its players that if you complete the whole event and collect the 2996 cards, that you only get 325 or so candy canes, and that only gets you to Stage 3 in the event... so the other 3 stages will cost you a couple hundred bucks, IF your lucky and get candy canes on all the boxes???

Edited by aznhwk11, 21 December 2018 - 11:28 PM.

RibbleStripe #31 Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postaznhwk11, on 22 December 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Heres a good Question... and i quote "
From both the Box of Vanilla Candy and Box of Sugar-Free Candy, you'll always get either a Lucky Ticket, Candy Canes, or legendary camouflage. "

i bought sugar free candy box and ended up with some silver and a couple cooldown boosters... how is that "always" getting one of those 3... i wasted 50k free xp to get silver and a couple cooldown boosters.. even though it says in the description on the event that you will "always get one of those 3"

because silver and cooldown boosters don't help me in the event at all..

and also, why doesn't Wargaming inform its players that if you complete the whole event and collect the 2996 cards, that you only get 325 or so candy canes, and that only gets you to Stage 3 in the event... so the other 3 stages will cost you a couple hundred bucks, IF your lucky and get candy canes on all the boxes???

I checked your actions - you opened one box for 50k free xp and got 4 candy canes and 10 cooldown boosters.

Do we conceal the amount of cards or candy canes you can get from event? Do we conceal amount of candy canes you need to complete each level and get prizes? No, we don't. 

____Flying_Dutchman____ #32 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22099 battles
  • [TNTFX]
it's an unreachable goal to even achieve the 3rd level in the event , you conceal that it's a waste to even try ,why? there is no way to earn enough candy canes . 450 $ is what you should tell people . not mislead them at no point in the video does it say it can not be done. the video shows the tree getting decorated through grinding it and that is nowhere near the truth. Fake news sounds about right

Edited by ____Flying_Dutchman____, 22 December 2018 - 03:41 PM.

ImmortalEggz #33 Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4842 battles
  • [KNELL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 22 December 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I checked your actions - you opened one box for 50k free xp and got 4 candy canes and 10 cooldown boosters.

Do we conceal the amount of cards or candy canes you can get from event? Do we conceal amount of candy canes you need to complete each level and get prizes? No, we don't. 

I know for a fact that the game told me i got Silver and Cooldown boosters not candy canes, either way, its false advertising, y'all say that we can get a holiday reward by grinding and working on our candy canes by collecting cards, yet it cost 2000 candy canes to actually get any of the rewards that you guyys are boasting about... which by grinding you cant even collect a quarter of that, just a scam to get money... which is sad because ive been a faithful player since 2015, and wargaming over the past year has just done [edited]"events" that cost players like me a crap ton of cash irl to even get close to the final rewards, also you guys dumb down the game so people like me who used to love tanking, now get to start a match and play with a bunch of idiots that go afk or just roll out and get them selves killed... in the end, whats Blitz worth to the community nowerdays, people don't want to work all day to come home and start a couple games and think "awesome i can get this tank by grinding" than come to find out, you gotta spend at least 99$ to get a chance to get 2000 candy canes... which is only a chance in the boxes...

its kinda like me saying as a boss, Hey employees come work overtime and we will give you a bonus... but you gotta pay us to get that bonus first....

the only part about this event that's not a scam would be the fact that I get to buy 20k gold for 20$... which I mean after all the money ive spent on the game,, that's a good f***ing deal if you ask me...

Edited by aznhwk11, 22 December 2018 - 05:37 PM.

shyw #34 Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48554 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Post____Flying_Dutchman____, on 22 December 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

it's an unreachable goal to even achieve the 3rd level in the event , you conceal that it's a waste to even try ,why? there is no way to earn enough candy canes . 450 $ is what you should tell people . not mislead them at no point in the video does it say it can not be done. the video shows the tree getting decorated through grinding it and that is nowhere near the truth. Fake news sounds about right

View Postaznhwk11, on 22 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

I know for a fact that the game told me i got Silver and Cooldown boosters not candy canes, either way, its false advertising, y'all say that we can get a holiday reward by grinding and working on our candy canes by collecting cards, yet it cost 2000 candy canes to actually get any of the rewards that you guyys are boasting about... which by grinding you cant even collect a quarter of that, just a scam to get money... which is sad because ive been a faithful player since 2015, and wargaming over the past year has just done [edited]"events" that cost players like me a crap ton of cash irl to even get close to the final rewards, also you guys dumb down the game so people like me who used to love tanking, now get to start a match and play with a bunch of idiots that go afk or just roll out and get them selves killed... in the end, whats Blitz worth to the community nowerdays, people don't want to work all day to come home and start a couple games and think "awesome i can get this tank by grinding" than come to find out, you gotta spend at least 99$ to get a chance to get 2000 candy canes... which is only a chance in the boxes...

its kinda like me saying as a boss, Hey employees come work overtime and we will give you a bonus... but you gotta pay us to get that bonus first....

the only part about this event that's not a scam would be the fact that I get to buy 20k gold for 20$... which I mean after all the money ive spent on the game,, that's a good f***ing deal if you ask me...

there were many post on this forum prior to the start of this event by peeps going thru the numbers, the number of battles required if you won 50% of your battles, if it was possible to complete the tree, your odds, how much Gold, your times, estimated days, additional clarification from Ribble, etc

all here understood/knew that you could not complete thru battles and buying a little extra alone.

May wanna visit this forum a little more and read up what others are saying

there is good information here on these events, along with how to’s, how to improve your gameplay, sharing what works, best tanks, etc

i am not voicing pros or cons with WG or Ribble or agree or not with this event or totally understand how everything works, but more informative you are, the better you will be and determine your path forward

Experience, learn and pass it on to the rest of the Blitz community

Edited by shyw, 22 December 2018 - 10:38 PM.

PanzertroopenVT #35 Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 December 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

The New Year is approaching, which means World of Tanks Blitz is getting festive once again! Sparkling snow and a fluffy fir tree will soon decorate your Garage. From December 18 , you'll be able to collect Cards, which will allow you to fill up Christmas Boxes with gold and win rewards from the New Year's Adventure event!

Full news text

Welp, the Christmas tree page is apparently inundated with errors...........when I try to decorate the tree from the tanks garage page, the tab on the left side says decorate the tree when I open it........the page keeps reloading due to errors .....however once it does upload it asks me to rotate my iPad and the page says my tree is snowed in but I can't access my candy canes ,decorations,etc etc etc....what a Christmas!

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

Meat_Locker #36 Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:40 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 40188 battles
  • [TITAN]
Good lord... so much hassle, annoyance and confusion for an event wherein the rewards are entirely virtual and largely unoriginal. This event was a confusing mess. I can‘t believe that anyone‘s profession involves concocting this derisable Cluster-Storm. Why not just focus on giving the players a more rewarding long-term experience?

Pusang_Gala #37 Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:56 PM

Private

• Players
  • 35641 battles
  • [ORCA]
I'm using my laptops (touchscreen and without touchscreen) to play WoTB. Can't seem to get to auctions page. Site says "Please rotate your device" and that's it. I wonder if there were any other PC tankers out there with similar issue. My apologies, if this issue had been discussed earlier. A link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Moritari #38 Posted 25 December 2018 - 02:04 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35258 battles
  • [-HDP-]
By mistake I bought the chieftain mk6 in the auction. Can I recover my gold in exchange for the tank?

Edited by Moritari, 25 December 2018 - 02:09 AM.

Moritari #39 Posted 25 December 2018 - 02:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35258 battles
  • [-HDP-]

View PostMoritari, on 25 December 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

By mistake I bought the chieftain mk6 in the auction. Can I recover my gold in exchange for the tank?

shyw #40 Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48554 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostMoritari, on 25 December 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

if you had not played a battle in it, you can get with WG by submitting a ticket and explanation

i believe you can do it once a year if sincere

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users