• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Moritari #41 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35401 battles
  • [-HDP-]

View Postshyw, on 25 December 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

if you had not played a battle in it, you can get with WG by submitting a ticket and explanation

i believe you can do it once a year if sincere

Thank you 

Moritari #42 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35401 battles
  • [-HDP-]

View Postshyw, on 25 December 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

if you had not played a battle in it, you can get with WG by submitting a ticket and explanation

i believe you can do it once a year if sincere

Thank you 

rosgrim #43 Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76548 battles
  • [COD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 21 December 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

I agree event can be hard to understand at once. It's because there are multiple sub-events - in-game event, decorating event, auction and lucky draw. We prepared separate detailed news for every part and it's much easier to get all the conditions step by step. Big events can't be too easy.

Newbies also can get valuable awards in several events during the year. NY Event is something different.

Right - and 1000 avatars combined will give you dream-team for 3 battles )))

Yes, i realize how long it takes. Don't want to say the same words over and over again but certificates combining is also what we work on.

That was the first time i took part in WG Fest. It went great because i really enjoy meeting players in real life and chatting with them. But to be honest i was totally exhausted on my way back home. Even Seattle trip wasn't so hard in psychical terms. 
Also it was a very interesting experience because i haven't been to Moscow for a long time (maybe 15 years) and it changed significantly.

Well 36 avatars in my possession....hmmmmm......

What about multiple Tree appearance and background: I got something like 50 of both sitting in my account. So these were just a way to low the odds to get "good stuff" or what ?

Because, you know, I paid also for those useless multiples.....

RibbleStripe #44 Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Post____Flying_Dutchman____, on 22 December 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

it's an unreachable goal to even achieve the 3rd level in the event , you conceal that it's a waste to even try ,why? there is no way to earn enough candy canes . 450 $ is what you should tell people . not mislead them at no point in the video does it say it can not be done. the video shows the tree getting decorated through grinding it and that is nowhere near the truth. Fake news sounds about right

It depends on each player's activity and amount of vehicles he has. This is why everyone can decide how far he can go in this event by himself.

View PostPanzertroopenVT, on 23 December 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Welp, the Christmas tree page is apparently inundated with errors...........when I try to decorate the tree from the tanks garage page, the tab on the left side says decorate the tree when I open it........the page keeps reloading due to errors .....however once it does upload it asks me to rotate my iPad and the page says my tree is snowed in but I can't access my candy canes ,decorations,etc etc etc....what a Christmas!

View PostPusang_Gala, on 24 December 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'm using my laptops (touchscreen and without touchscreen) to play WoTB. Can't seem to get to auctions page. Site says "Please rotate your device" and that's it. I wonder if there were any other PC tankers out there with similar issue. My apologies, if this issue had been discussed earlier. A link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try to switch site to full version. 

RibbleStripe #45 Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postrosgrim, on 26 December 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Well 36 avatars in my possession....hmmmmm......

What about multiple Tree appearance and background: I got something like 50 of both sitting in my account. So these were just a way to low the odds to get "good stuff" or what ?

Because, you know, I paid also for those useless multiples.....

You can use skin and background to make tree look the way you like. Also you paid for containers not for specific items.

rosgrim #46 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76548 battles
  • [COD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 26 December 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

You can use skin and background to make tree look the way you like. Also you paid for containers not for specific items.

Sir let be more clear:

I have severals of the same kind. For example 13 of Majestic background, 12 of gold fir tree etc etc

You can use just 1 of each to change the look of the tree.

What about the others ?

Since they are useless after you already received one (1), you are confirming that making possible to get those several times from the containers (again you can use just 1 for each kind) it is just a way to change the odds to get useful stuff from the containers.

have a look to the pic from my account: https://imgur.com/a/cr6L0MP

BruceWayne_DasVIPOR #47 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9587 battles
Questions regarding the "ladders", i believe someone said something about it already but, (1)If we do not have the specific tanks in our garage that is on each "ladder" certificate, we cant use them or at this time at least?(i believe is what was said) (2) Do they ever go away or expire?

Just my opinion, and im sure along with everyone else, think this "event" is obviously WAY OVER THE TOP. Way to confusing and just to much. Try to go back to an event that was structured like the Halloween event. Sounds like from wargaming it was a huge success for yall as well. Im pretty sure almost everyone enjoyed that event. This event is just so confusing, its causing myself and most people to misuse or "waste" the event currency.  

shyw #48 Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48788 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Post_VIPOR_, on 26 December 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Questions regarding the "ladders", i believe someone said something about it already but, (1)If we do not have the specific tanks in our garage that is on each "ladder" certificate, we cant use them or at this time at least?(i believe is what was said) (2) Do they ever go away or expire?

Just my opinion, and im sure along with everyone else, think this "event" is obviously WAY OVER THE TOP. Way to confusing and just to much. Try to go back to an event that was structured like the Halloween event. Sounds like from wargaming it was a huge success for yall as well. Im pretty sure almost everyone enjoyed that event. This event is just so confusing, its causing myself and most people to misuse or "waste" the event currency.

Remember the saying.....”KISS”

RibbleStripe #49 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postrosgrim, on 26 December 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Sir let be more clear:

I have severals of the same kind. For example 13 of Majestic background, 12 of gold fir tree etc etc

You can use just 1 of each to change the look of the tree.

What about the others ?

Since they are useless after you already received one (1), you are confirming that making possible to get those several times from the containers (again you can use just 1 for each kind) it is just a way to change the odds to get useful stuff from the containers.

have a look to the pic from my account: https://imgur.com/a/cr6L0MP

Odds are the same for every single container regardless items you already have. 

View Post_VIPOR_, on 26 December 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you don't have those specific tanks attachments will be stored till you use them and put on the vehicle. 

I explained before why such events can be confusing. NY event can't be done the way Halloween was. Or "Take it easy" for example.

WipWapJaws #50 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46604 battles
  • [WKD]

Sorry Ribble,

This event has been a non factor for me.  Too much effort for too little reward.  I dont play World of Warships Blitz as much as I do this, but their event and the way they have structured the gifts for the holidays is a really good set up.

Edited by WipWapJaws, 27 December 2018 - 12:22 PM.

RibbleStripe #51 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostWipWapJaws, on 27 December 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Sorry Ribble,

This event has been a non factor for me.  Too much effort for too little reward.  I dont play World of Warships Blitz as much as I do this, but their event and the way they have structured the gifts for the holidays is a really good set up.

That's understandable, thanks for feedback.

wrecker1968 #52 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45094 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Ribble,  so if you get a lucky spin now, what is your chances at winning a helsing, Drac, chieftain or M-60?

RibbleStripe #53 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Ribble,  so if you get a lucky spin now, what is your chances at winning a helsing, Drac, chieftain or M-60?

I got Cheiftain, it took 2 lucky tickets. First one gave me free xp. Don't ask how much free xp i spent )

SpartacusDiablo #54 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25463 battles
  • [III-R]
RibbleStripe,

All in all I think the event was a good event.  A free tier 2 for super casual players, an easy grind to a nice tier VI for most players, and a harder grind event for the die-hard players or big-money spenders. A little bit of something that appeals to everyone.

There is one thing that I would like to address though.  The event as a whole seems overly complicated. Grinding a currency to get another currency that is then used decorate a tree which will then unlock a lucky ticket. This seems like entirely too much especially when you look at it through the lens of the other changes that have been made to the game. It seems like overall the game is being simplified so that it appeals two new players. But our events seem to go in the opposite direction.  While the game is being simplified the events keep getting more complicated.

I'd also like to see the rewards paid out based off of XP earned instead of wins.  The number of AFK players who hope to just tag along to victory is very frustrating.

All in all it was a good event and I appreciate the effort you guys put into it. I just think that with a few small changes it could be a even better event that is less complicated.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

HugGigolo #55 Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22585 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 28 December 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

RibbleStripe,

All in all I think the event was a good event. A free tier 2 for super casual players, an easy grind to a nice tier VI for most players, and a harder grind event for the die-hard players or big-money spenders. A little bit of something that appeals to everyone.

There is one thing that I would like to address though. The event as a whole seems overly complicated. Grinding a currency to get another currency that is then used decorate a tree which will then unlock a lucky ticket. This seems like entirely too much especially when you look at it through the lens of the other changes that have been made to the game. It seems like overall the game is being simplified so that it appeals two new players. But our events seem to go in the opposite direction. While the game is being simplified the events keep getting more complicated.

I'd also like to see the rewards paid out based off of XP earned instead of wins. The number of AFK players who hope to just tag along to victory is very frustrating.

All in all it was a good event and I appreciate the effort you guys put into it. I just think that with a few small changes it could be a even better event that is less complicated.

I agree with this. Also the gold boxes were a really good deal, they did a lot to offset the cost of auction tanks.

Edit: Overall a huge improvement on the 2017 Blitz Fair.

Edited by HugGigolo, 28 December 2018 - 08:57 PM.

wrecker1968 #56 Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45094 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Ribble. Let's simplify this question. the Dracula was sold out in the auction. does this affect my chance of winning a Dracula with a Lucky Draw?

RibbleStripe #57 Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 28 December 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

RibbleStripe,

All in all I think the event was a good event. A free tier 2 for super casual players, an easy grind to a nice tier VI for most players, and a harder grind event for the die-hard players or big-money spenders. A little bit of something that appeals to everyone.

There is one thing that I would like to address though. The event as a whole seems overly complicated. Grinding a currency to get another currency that is then used decorate a tree which will then unlock a lucky ticket. This seems like entirely too much especially when you look at it through the lens of the other changes that have been made to the game. It seems like overall the game is being simplified so that it appeals two new players. But our events seem to go in the opposite direction. While the game is being simplified the events keep getting more complicated.

I'd also like to see the rewards paid out based off of XP earned instead of wins. The number of AFK players who hope to just tag along to victory is very frustrating.

Well, i explained the reasons why it's complicated. But i don't think there is a trend to make events complicated. Take it easy, Halloween were easy. 

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 December 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

Ribble. Let's simplify this question. the Dracula was sold out in the auction. does this affect my chance of winning a Dracula with a Lucky Draw?

Oh, sorry didn't get it.
If tank is sold out chances of getting it in lucky draw remain the same. 

wrecker1968 #58 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45094 battles
  • [HOUSE]

thx

The_bigmac_tanker #59 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15351 battles
  • [YWING]
Ribble any word on the website bug? If you do not complete the little tutorial for the tree, any candy canes you get will not show up on the website. I have 295 canes that can not be used right now! Please fix before the event ends.

Bbm_14 #60 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:38 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

How do I access the auction if my Event button is gone?

Another portal I’m missing?

https://imgur.com/a/XsN7EPg

Thanks!

edit: I found it through ‘Community’ tab portal... 

Edited by Bbm_14, 31 December 2018 - 12:19 AM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users