Maybe I was Wrong...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SpartacusDiablo #1 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32282 battles
  • [III-C]

I just played a tier 3 match on my son's account for the free Trex...  Holy God it was boring.  I was rolling the BT-7 and put down north of 1k dmg with multiple kills.  I ended up running out of ammo.  The match came down to me trying to be a distraction while my team bounced repeatedly off of the Matilda on the red team.  The match ended in a draw with 5 tanks still alive...

Wargaming, I was literally playing this match with my chin resting on one hand.  I know you wanted to simplify, dumb down, and generally make low tiers more boring....but damn.  You skipped straight past normal boring and jumped feet first into glacial watching paint dry boring.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

RommelTanker #2 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

He who is supremely annoying

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 21 December 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

I just played a tier 3 match on my son's account for the free Trex...  Holy God it was boring.  I was rolling the BT-7 and put down north of 1k dmg with multiple kills.  I ended up running out of ammo.  The match came down to me trying to be a distraction while my team bounced repeatedly off of the Matilda on the red team.  The match ended in a draw with 5 tanks still alive...

Wargaming, I was literally playing this match with my chin resting on one hand.  I know you wanted to simplify, dumb down, and generally make low tiers more boring....but damn.  You skipped straight past normal boring and jumped feet first into glacial watching paint dry boring.

Or watching grass grow

Or watching water boil in a 2gal pot

Or (insert activity that only the most insane of people watch because they're just THAT BORED).

Also, this is what I was talking about some time back iirc. The game at low tiers was already easy enough... WG just freaking made it sit in spawn and win easy though. Go play a maxed out D2, I swear to God it's like you're playing a Tier 3 Maus because the teams are so stupid.

Something something insert joke here

Shellingstar #3 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1085 battles
I know this is unrelated, but did anyone notice that a thread about some song got taken down before anyone even had a Chance to reply?

SpartacusDiablo #4 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:55 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32282 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostShellingstar, on 21 December 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

I know this is unrelated, but did anyone notice that a thread about some song got taken down before anyone even had a Chance to reply?

Forum mods are stepping up their game.

Godzillacus #5 Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48502 battles
  • [SRT_]
That is my concern, boring game 1-4 tiers? I mean its not the nerfed tanks that concern me, just so damn boring. Will the new players find it as boring as we do?

RommelTanker #6 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View PostShellingstar, on 21 December 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Yeah I posted it in off topic instead. Hopefully it doesn't get taken down as fast as it did but who knows.

The thumbnail to the video is misleading, so it may be that.

RommelTanker #7 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View PostGodzillacus, on 21 December 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

That is my concern, boring game 1-4 tiers? I mean its not the nerfed tanks that concern me, just so damn boring. Will the new players find it as boring as we do?

I feel like they're gonna find it even MORE boring than we do simply because one of two extremes is gonna occur.

Extreme 1: Players that join the game are gonna roflstomp the bots at T1-4, then they'll get to T5 where there are no bots, and the first KV-2 they see is going to delete them off the face of the earth, resulting in them quitting the game because the game is no longer "easy"

Extreme 2: Players are going to be roflstomped by the bots that barely play better than a 35% WR player with 15 battles and are going to get so frustrated they quit before they even research a T4.

Bo0_r4dley #8 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5386 battles
  • [DYLDO]
As just a data point, I quit seeing only bots after 25 games, or so? Then it seemed humans gradually replaced them until around 100 games, then it seems like all humans (though sometimes I'd rather have a 'bot;).

MarBearCat #9 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

Or new players will quit because of low tier boredom

before they ever try tier 5.

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

originalmadkilla #10 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16534 battles
  • [OMK]

And just maybe I was right, as usual.:playing:

Anyway, there's not much more to say about this topic, as the damage has already been done.

I predicted this exact outcome multiple times at least a half a year ago and many here disagreed.

Well, you all got what you wanted, so it's too late to change your minds now.:izmena:

It doesn't matter to me anymore, since it's been ages since I have been in those tiers. Half of the game was removed, and players in all tiers will just have to deal with the consequences.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 21 December 2018 - 04:17 PM.

Oralflame #11 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18525 battles
  • [_TRAP]
Make World of Ducks come back permanently. Maybe it’ll siphon the youngest/brain-dead players out of real matches.

GentleNova #12 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 21 December 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Please upload replays of games like this to WOT Inspector Replays. We need people to record them on YouTube for posterity, so we can have something to show the actual death and degradation of the game versus Wargaming’s illusion that they’re making it better. 

SpartacusDiablo #13 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32282 battles
  • [III-C]
Easy solution.  Give tier V and lower tanks infinite ammo :D

RommelTanker #14 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View Post___REDCELL, on 21 December 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Make World of Ducks come back permanently. Maybe it’ll siphon the youngest/brain-dead players out of real matches.

I highly doubt it, since the mode doesn't affect your stats, so unicums will go in there to roflstomp scrubs for the hell of it. Once scrubs figure out that they're being hunted in that mode, they'll just go back to normal games.

What WG (and almost everyone here on the forums as well) fails to realize, is that noobs will be noobs, or a more accurate way of saying it would be idiots will be idiots. You can't teach them to do otherwise.

As I once said in regards to the United States population: America is full of idiots. The problem is that half of them are too stupid to realize they're stupid, and the other half are so arrogant that they have no intention of fixing the fact that they're actually stupid.

Oralflame #15 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18525 battles
  • [_TRAP]

View PostRommelTanker, on 21 December 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

I highly doubt it, since the mode doesn't affect your stats, so unicums will go in there to roflstomp scrubs for the hell of it. Once scrubs figure out that they're being hunted in that mode, they'll just go back to normal games.

What WG (and almost everyone here on the forums as well) fails to realize, is that noobs will be noobs, or a more accurate way of saying it would be idiots will be idiots. You can't teach them to do otherwise.

As I once said in regards to the United States population: America is full of idiots. The problem is that half of them are too stupid to realize they're stupid, and the other half are so arrogant that they have no intention of fixing the fact that they're actually stupid.

Separate server of only those with +50% WR? 

RommelTanker #16 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View Post___REDCELL, on 21 December 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

Separate server of only those with +50% WR? 

I'd prefer my queue times to not be 12+ hours long as the game tries to find 14 players of 50%+ winrate.

Yes, that's how bad the player base is. Not like it matters to me in particular, since I don't play anymore. But my point is the same.

Ruby_Rose_ #17 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 14182 battles
  • [SCAMO]
Let's have cruise control in as well
Maybe a giant [edited] reload indicator while you're at it

How many things can we dumb down for the low tiers here?

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

ICantSea #18 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles

Bots are dumb, rerolls get raisins for Christmas. It’s not even good target practice.

RommelTanker #19 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

• Players
  • 7982 battles
  • [ACTS2]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 21 December 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

Let's have cruise control in as well
Maybe a giant [edited] reload indicator while you're at it

How many things can we dumb down for the low tiers here?

Make it so that everyone has the same tank with the same gun, reload, penetration, armor, and mobility, remove all but AP shells and multi purpose restoration, remove the ability to add equipment to low tier vehicles, etc

Oh wait

Wargaming already did all that. Nevermind.

GentleNova #20 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostRommelTanker, on 21 December 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

And Wargaming wants to profit off that stupidity. It’s why Wargaming is intentionally not improving the tips & tutorials within the game to keep the player base dumbed down. That way the main player base will keep thinking that "getting better" means "getting a better tank", especially an expensive premium one, instead of "becoming a better tank driver & team player". So keeping the player base ignorant is a win win for Wargaming. If they educate the player base too much then the player base will realize it’s not the tank but the driver behind it, thus reducing their spending on tanks which is a loss for Wargaming.

So as my platoon mate noted yesterday, Wargaming doesn’t really care about their original customers anymore, the one’s who highlighted the game to others and pulled people to it. Instead they’re targeting a whole new customer base and they really don’t care if their original user base gets swamped and dies from this new user base in the process, as long as they keep making just as much money, if not more. In effect, like most businesses today, they build a product not for their customers but to get bought out by another company (aka get a big payout worth it). They build to flip it. So if they can get massive growth and profits for a few more years, even if the game eventually "tanks", they don’t really care. 

Edited by GentleNova, 21 December 2018 - 04:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users