RESTORE Tier 2-5 to their former greatness!

Tier 5 T1 Heavy T-34

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Gerbil_Lord #1 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 193 battles

Am I alone in feeling that the recent updates ruined everything below tier 6? I used to LOVE playing Tier 3, 4 and 5, as it was such a different experience than Tier X. I have 5 tier X tanks, and they are fun, but the game play is much slower there. At the lower levels, it was faster paced, more diversity, and a great fun.... now... wow, it feels awful....... Especially Tier 5!! I used to LOVE my T1 Heavy and Soviet T-34, but they are both just so so so bad now that it is not fun to play the tier at all.... shame, cause I have 11 Tier 5 tanks :(:(:(:(:(:(

WarGaming, you ruined my game!

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 22823 battles
  • [III-R]

Tiers 1-5 were a cesspool before hand, now they're just a boring, slow cesspool.

That's coming from a guy who owns every single tank below tier 6 save the Otsu and that French piece of crap.

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:56 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 16045 battles
  • [-VB-]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 25 December 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Tiers 1-5 were a cesspool before hand, now they're just a boring, slow cesspool.

That's coming from a guy who owns every single tank below tier 6 save the Otsu and that French piece of crap.

I would argue that it was a fun cesspool though. Now it's just bland. No unique tanks, just pew pew mediocre tanks.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Bronyman50 #4 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:48 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26228 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 25 December 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I would argue that it was a fun cesspool though. Now it's just bland. No unique tanks, just pew pew mediocre tanks.

that’s what you get for abusing the system kiddos. We all could have had fun but nooo, people had to run around with 20K games in Cruiser 4s and T46s

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

ICantSea #5 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostBronyman50, on 26 December 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

that’s what you get for abusing the system kiddos. We all could have had fun but nooo, people had to run around with 20K games in Cruiser 4s and T46s

115 games into a re-roll and dealing with rolling blue platoons with in excess of 20k battles. The tanks of choice now appear to be the cruiser4 still but also seeing a lot of Anko’s. It doesn’t matter how well placed the shot is the damage is zero.

Can a tier3 light tank with zero crew skills actually damage these tanks with maxed out skills?

I haven’t been able to yet. 24 shots, 21 hits, lots of modules hit, zero damage in the last battle. The best part is they haven’t been on green yet and so far every battle when rolling blue is on red, red also has an overwhelming majority of higher battle count players. Kind of explaining why they’re not on green.

The Great Nerf Update was supposed to prevent this I thought. I wonder how long they wait for a battle and what kind of satisfaction there is in such an endeavor. I’m guessing they wait about as long as I do.

Edited by ICantSea, 26 December 2018 - 04:20 AM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #6 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:48 AM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 51682 battles
  • [III]
Half of the tiers of this game were made unplayable. All they had to do was reduce the credits to where it was more costly to run the seal clubbing tanks it they just changed it all to where every tank is trying to kill another with wet matchsticks. 

WipWapJaws #7 Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:14 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 42155 battles
  • [WKD]

I went to play the ELC bis the other day, first time in months ......

its just horrible now.  its slow and its exceleration is non existant 

Full_Shane #8 Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:25 AM

Drinker of Tears, Exposer of Sealclubbers

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [MOMS]
Nah. Last update did enough to discourage enough degenerates from plaguing those tiers.

Edited by Full_Shane, 26 December 2018 - 05:25 AM.

ICantSea #9 Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostFull_Shane, on 26 December 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

Nah. Last update did enough to discourage enough degenerates from plaguing those tiers.

The first 100 battles were primarily against bots. As I got closer to the 100th battle there were more actual humans. About half of the next 16 battles most players were in clans, many recognizable names, with thousands of battles, some in the tens of thousands of battles. Rolling blues is still rolling strong.

War_Vet_1 #10 Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 14937 battles
  • [4ROG]
WG made a business decision to make tiers 1-5 "feeder" tiers to the "promised land" (as advertised for new players) of tiers 6-10. This all came at the expense of the playability of tanks at tiers 1-5. I learned my lesson from WG when 3.8 dropped. Never again, WG, never again.

Edited by War_Vet_1, 28 December 2018 - 01:10 AM.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

Dark_Magician_Girl #11 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 29313 battles
  • [_STR8]
Changes were fine.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

j0nn0 #12 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16851 battles
  • [XREGZ]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 26 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Changes were fine.

Only if you never play those tiers. They're [edited]now. Nothing but stagnant bounce fests, yolo rushes (if you could even call them that), armored meta to increase bounces (Matilda is [edited]), and wholely unplayable for any extended period of time if a player even has a clue, since they'll either get pissed at the low tiers or bored of them well before they get to better things in mid tiers. 

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

outersketcher #13 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12684 battles
  • [COD-R]

There were a lot of interesting, and fun tanks in the lower tiers. Each with a unique play-style. That had to be learned in order to master the tank. 

The M3 Lee is a perfect example. A weird vehicle. Tall as a skyscraper, with its gun mounted to one side of its' body. Yet, the gun was punchy, and could cause grief and wailing if you landed a hit. 

So.. to play that tank well, you had to learn how to adapt to the vehicles attributes. Learn to exploit it's advantages and to be conscious of its' weaknesses. Side-scraping?.. Sure!. Going hull down? What-er you MAD? 

But once you figured out HOW to drive the M3 Lee, she rewarded your efforts with high damage and kill rates.

I'm not a great player. But I did pretty well in the M3 Lee. 53.33% average over 150 battles.  

Point being.. While I understand what WOT is trying to do by destroying the lower tier tanks. I DO miss the unique play-styles of some of the more eccentric vehicles, and lessons they had to teach us.

Edited by outersketcher, 26 December 2018 - 04:40 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

Full_Shane #14 Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:14 PM

Drinker of Tears, Exposer of Sealclubbers

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postoutersketcher, on 26 December 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

There were a lot of interesting, and fun tanks in the lower tiers. Each with a unique play-style. That had to be learned in order to master the tank. 

The M3 Lee is a perfect example. A weird vehicle. Tall as a skyscraper, with its gun mounted to one side of its' body. Yet, the gun was punchy, and could cause grief and wailing if you landed a hit. 

So.. to play that tank well, you had to learn how to adapt to the vehicles attributes. Learn to exploit it's advantages and to be conscious of its' weaknesses. Side-scraping?.. Sure!. Going hull down? What-er you MAD? 

But once you figured out HOW to drive the M3 Lee, she rewarded your efforts with high damage and kill rates.

I'm not a great player. But I did pretty well in the M3 Lee. 53.33% average over 150 battles.  

Point being.. While I understand what WOT is trying to do by destroying the lower tier tanks. I DO miss the unique play-styles of some of the more eccentric vehicles, and lessons they had to teach us.

You have an average tier of 4.3 with 12k battles. Your input on this is irrelevant and I'm overjoyed with you not liking the changes. Your highest tier tank that you aren't mediocre in is an M6 with 38 battles. You're the target demographic for this update and I'm happy to see that it's affecting you as it should. Those tiers never had the kind of nuance that you speak of. Good day and good luck.

Edited by Full_Shane, 26 December 2018 - 06:15 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 18695 battles
  • [III]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 26 December 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Changes were fine.

They really are boring.  I played one match at tier 3 on my son's account and wrote down what I saw here.

http://forum.wotblit...-wrong/#topmost

I definitely think that changes needed to be made in lower tiers and I agree with what Wargaming is trying to do... Unfortunately Wargaming (as they usually do) way over did the changes that needed to happen.  

I've said this before but I've come to the conclusion that whatever balance decisions the Blitz team make, need to be divided by 2 before being rolled out... Except for the upcoming 183 nerf.  That tank deserves a solid smack from the nerf bat.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 26 December 2018 - 08:12 PM.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

4sfield #16 Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 30098 battles
  • [-1]

View PostFull_Shane, on 26 December 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

You have an average tier of 4.3 with 12k battles. Your input on this is irrelevant and I'm overjoyed with you not liking the changes. Your highest tier tank that you aren't mediocre in is an M6 with 38 battles. You're the target demographic for this update and I'm happy to see that it's affecting you as it should. Those tiers never had the kind of nuance that you speak of. Good day and good luck.

I don’t see why it mattered that guys wanted to club with T-46s and A20s. Where somebody likes to play is where they get their fun and I wouldn’t want to rob anybody of having fun. That’s exactly what happened to some of those guys, they had the fun taken out of their game and are now forced to play higher tiers where it’s harder for them to earn credits and be effective players. There was no sense in doing what was done other than it forced guys out of lower tiers into tiers where they’d have to spend money. 

I used to toon with 40%ers at tier IV and V to teach and help them out. Now I have no interest in doing that anymore because those tiers suck and I refuse to carry a piece of trash player in a tier VII or higher battle. Toon MM always puts you in matches with an opposing platoon and it’s hard enough to win up there without bringing a partner who sucks into every game with you.  

If the point of gutting the low tiers was to discourage seal club ers and improve the experience of the nubs likethey said it was, it’s not working. The way I see it, all it has done is driven every player up the tiers faster to get away from the boredom and monotony that was created down there.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

ICantSea #17 Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]
Played a game today and found a 35k battlecount player with a 56%wr playing tier3. 

WipWapJaws #18 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:32 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 42155 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostICantSea, on 27 December 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

Played a game today and found a 35k battlecount player with a 56%wr playing tier3. 

So......

ICantSea #19 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 27 December 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

So......

I just hit 120 total battles, not camo, no crew skills, no nothing. the map is fortress and I’m in a m5-Stuart. The first tank I happen upon is an iceclaw sitting perfectly broadside. I take my first shot of the 3 round clip, no red to be seen, nothing but black, no damage done. Adjust the aim slightly up and back and let the second shot go. Again nothing. Between the second and third shot the iceclaw begins to adjust so I waste no time driving around it putting a shot into the rear and getting out of the area. Again nothing. Before the battle ended I found two tanks I actually could damage. The tanks I could damage had reasonable battle counts the claw had over 35k.

In fact I haven’t been able to actually damage any tank over 20k battles (yes I am looking), it’s one of the reasons I’m doing this re-roll in the first place. One battle recently, out of the five tanks I shot at, I did zero damage. 24 shots, 21 hits (lots of modules hit) zero damage. All five tanks had in excess of 20k battles. Well aimed well placed shots, nothing. I will play a total of 100 games in this tank continuing to log who I can and cannot damage by battle count but right now it’s pretty conclusive. Battle count reflects the amount of crew skill. I should not be in battles against tanks I cannot damage. Let anyone play any tier they want but players with 100 battles against players with maxed out crew skills and tens of thousands of battles isn’t working.

I could be looking at it all backwards I suppose. Maybe I, with no crew skills, shouldnt be playing tier3. I should just stay in tiers one and two until I build up 20k battles or so in order to be competitive.

Edited by ICantSea, 27 December 2018 - 06:04 PM.

Bachus131 #20 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17754 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 26 December 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Changes were fine.

Fine if you are ok with players rocketing to tier 8 in 300 battles still not knowing how to shoot much less survive and still do not know any of the maps even mines so they never leave spawn. 

WG's changes are working as intended making all tiers equally crappy. 

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users