RESTORE Tier 2-5 to their former greatness!

Tier 5 T1 Heavy T-34

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

outersketcher #21 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12684 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostFull_Shane, on 26 December 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

You have an average tier of 4.3 with 12k battles. Your input on this is irrelevant and I'm overjoyed with you not liking the changes. Your highest tier tank that you aren't mediocre in is an M6 with 38 battles. You're the target demographic for this update and I'm happy to see that it's affecting you as it should. Those tiers never had the kind of nuance that you speak of. Good day and good luck.

My post wasn't ABOUT stats you idiot. 

Everyone who has spent ANY time on this forum knows that I had taken to heart the advice given to me from THIS FORUM. To stay down in the low tiers till I had at least 100 battles in each tank and gotten each one up past 50%. When I asked for help. Most advice I was given was "go back to the lower tiers and keep playing" 

So I did. I STAYED down there and WORKED on each tank. But, we all know now (WOT included) that is NOT the best way to learn the game. 

These days I hang out in tiers 5-7 mostly. With the occasional dip into the low tiers to play with my 8 year old son. Who is LEARNING you butt-wipe.

Yah, I know my stats aren't as nifty cool as yours may be. But I don't care. I play because I love the game. And those stats are my history. They show my mistakes as well as my successes. 

Good or bad those stats are ME. And I'm proud of what I have accomplished to date in the game. 

So you can take your arrogant, sneering, attempts to stat-shame and shove them where the sun don't shine pal.

Ohh. And yes, the low tier tanks WERE very different from one another. They were historically accurate, and differed wildly from one another. Also, they were a lot of fun to play. Not that you would have noticed in your mad rush to get to tier X.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

Full_Shane #22 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Drinker of Tears, Exposer of Sealclubbers

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postoutersketcher, on 27 December 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

My post wasn't ABOUT stats you idiot. 

Everyone who has spent ANY time on this forum knows that I had taken to heart the advice given to me from THIS FORUM. To stay down in the low tiers till I had at least 100 battles in each tank and gotten each one up past 50%. When I asked for help. Most advice I was given was "go back to the lower tiers and keep playing" 

So I did. I STAYED down there and WORKED on each tank. But, we all know now (WOT included) that is NOT the best way to learn the game. 

These days I hang out in tiers 5-7 mostly. With the occasional dip into the low tiers to play with my 8 year old son. Who is LEARNING you butt-wipe.

Yah, I know my stats aren't as nifty cool as yours may be. But I don't care. I play because I love the game. And those stats are my history. They show my mistakes as well as my successes. 

Good or bad those stats are ME. And I'm proud of what I have accomplished to date in the game. 

So you can take your arrogant, sneering, attempts to stat-shame and shove them where the sun don't shine pal.

Ohh. And yes, the low tier tanks WERE very different from one another. They were historically accurate, and differed wildly from one another. Also, they were a lot of fun to play. Not that you would have noticed in your mad rush to get to tier X.

I wasn't stat shaming, I was calling you a seal clubber you scrub. I've got nearly 10k battles. You have 12k. The game has a learning curve but it's not nearly that steep so spare me the theatrics.

Anyway, I only partly just glazed over what you wrote because I don't QUITE give a HOOT about people who WRITE like impassioned CLOWNS like THIS. Jesus :facepalm:

Edited by Full_Shane, 27 December 2018 - 07:25 PM.

ICantSea #23 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

It’s not the players, it’s the mm or lack there-of.

Anyone should be able to play any tier they wish. No one, including myself think separating by wr or wn8 are a good idea.

Why not sperate by battlecount. Hate and frustration occurs when someone does zero damage. I’m not convinced I can actually damage these players. I haven’t yet. Why I’m I being placed in battles that I can’t do damage. Add rolling blue platoons to that and I may as well just go afk. The result will be the same. I’ll get the same amount of spots when they find me. I’ll do no damage and I’ll die. Nothing different. Although I’d save on ammo, lol.

I’ll finish up my 100 battles in this tank then drop back to tier2. My next tank was going to be another tier3 but I can see already I don’t have enough crew skill for that. I’ll gladly take recommendations.

Edited by ICantSea, 27 December 2018 - 07:51 PM.

4sfield #24 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:50 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 30079 battles
  • [-1]

View PostICantSea, on 27 December 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

It’s not the players, it’s the mm or lack there-of.

Anyone should be able to play any tier they wish. No one, including myself think separating by wr or wn8 are a good idea.

Why not sperate by battlecount. Hate and frustration occurs when someone does zero damage. I’m not convinced I can actually damage these players. I haven’t yet. Why I’m I being placed in battles that I can’t do damage. Add rolling blue platoons to that and I may as well just go afk. The result will be the same. I’ll get the same amount of spots when they find me. I’ll do no damage and I’ll die. Nothing different. Although I’d save on ammo, lol.

I’ll finish up my 100 battles in this tank then drop back to tier2. My next tank was going to be another tier3 but I can see already I don’t have enough crew skill for that.

How about guys just play tiers where they can be effective. That’s how we did it back in the day. The issue with “mm” and teams are all due to guys playing tiers that over their heads. Nobody would complain if everyone played where they belong. That won’t happen though because most of the guys playing the game either think they’re way better than they are or feel they’re entitled to suck at whatever tier they want. It’s selfish if you think about it. The guys that have earned the right to play higher tiers have to play with guys who can’t win at tier IV because those guys don’t care enough about giving a good account of themselves. 

If you are a 40%er, it’s your own godam fault. Stop doing dumb things, drop tiers, learn something and stop being a burden to your team mates.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

outersketcher #25 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12684 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostFull_Shane, on 27 December 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

I wasn't stat shaming, I was calling you a seal clubber you scrub. I've got nearly 10k battles. You have 12k. The game has a learning curve but it's not nearly that steep so spare me the theatrics.

Anyway, I only partly just glazed over what you wrote because I don't QUITE give a HOOT about people who WRITE like impassioned CLOWNS like THIS. Jesus :facepalm:

You pulled out my stats.. posted them publicly. Then used them as a basis to berate my comment, and belittle my status and value as a player.  

That is the DEFINITION of stat-shaming. 

And it wasn't cool.

Yeah.. okay.. I got a little hot. 

But I stand by my original comment. I have experience playing those little tanks. I collected them. And I loved playing them. I loved the different characteristics they had. 

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

ICantSea #26 Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post4sfield, on 27 December 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

How about guys just play tiers where they can be effective. That’s how we did it back in the day. The issue with “mm” and teams are all due to guys playing tiers that over their heads. Nobody would complain if everyone played where they belong. That won’t happen though because most of the guys playing the game either think they’re way better than they are or feel they’re entitled to suck at whatever tier they want. It’s selfish if you think about it. The guys that have earned the right to play higher tiers have to play with guys who can’t win at tier IV because those guys don’t care enough about giving a good account of themselves. 

If you are a 40%er, it’s your own godam fault. Stop doing dumb things, drop tiers, learn something and stop being a burden to your team mates.

I sort of think if mm separated more by battle count. The big fish and the little fish wouldn’t be swimming in the same pond.

In turn the little fish wouldn’t have been eaten as much early on and many would have appreciated the value of dropping stats when it occurred. Hence there would be less rotten fish polluting the water of the only pond available.

Crew skills have too much weight. 

Edited by ICantSea, 27 December 2018 - 08:09 PM.

Full_Shane #27 Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postoutersketcher, on 27 December 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

You pulled out my stats.. posted them publicly. Then used them as a basis to berate my comment, and belittle my status and value as a player.  

That is the DEFINITION of stat-shaming. 

And it wasn't cool.

Yeah.. okay.. I got a little hot. 

But I stand by my original comment. I have experience playing those little tanks. I collected them. And I loved playing them. I loved the different characteristics they had. 

Oh I'm sowwy? Did Wargaming "belittle your status and value" by "ruining" the tiers you live in? Ouchie. Poor baby, now he won't get to beat up on the new low tier players with the same level of derpy burn em' down entertainment  :arta::child:

Get a hint, man, I don't sympathize.

ICantSea #28 Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 128 battles
  • [NOGUD]

The best part is when the countdown clock start you have no clue as to how many there are on green or red unless a recognizable name or tag shows up. Driving around and trying to damage somebody, anybody, seems to be a wast of time. To have three or four good targets and not enough crew skills to do anything in that location, trying to not take damage while relocating to find another target I may or may not be able to damage simply because of my battle count at tier3, really, that’s the game?

The game needs new dice to roll. Zero should not be an option on a well placed shot. Especially multiple well placed shots. It’s funny really, hitting the same tank multiple times and the only difference on the damage done is because of the battle count(crew skills) of the target tank. If the battle count is really high I could put 20 or more shots into an engine. Report says so. Zero damage. Not 1 or 2 or 10. Zero! I can fully appreciate that someone has an engine that can take 5 hits from a tank, any tank. Not 10 hits or 12 hits, I’m sorry, nonsensence. With the right round I know what my 30-06 can do to an engine block. Was the m5-Stuart that bad of a tank? Evidently these kinds of things aren’t worth counting. I laugh when I blow a track open and even though a repair kit was required I did no damage. Had the same tank been driven by someone else I would have recieved damage done as well.

Edited by ICantSea, 27 December 2018 - 10:05 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #29 Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 18684 battles
  • [III]

View PostFull_Shane, on 27 December 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Oh I'm sowwy? Did Wargaming "belittle your status and value" by "ruining" the tiers you live in? Ouchie. Poor baby, now he won't get to beat up on the new low tier players with the same level of derpy burn em' down entertainment  :arta::child:

You should stop.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

WipWapJaws #30 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:07 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 42141 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostFull_Shane, on 28 December 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

What is your problem???

Let people play the way they want to.  If they are more comfortable in low tier more power to them.  Would you be the same one complaining if they were on your team in a high tier match and being out of their depth.  You dont have to play with them if you dont want to by not playing low tiers yourself.

Full_Shane #31 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 27 December 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

You should stop.

​You're right, he can just come back another day make another 5.5 thread :D

alex1956 #32 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25871 battles
  • [MOM5]
Everyone is forgetting that the development crew is responsible for all of this so direct your attention to them. No amount of arguing here has made a bit of difference to the changes they made making things worse in all of these years! That's why I hardly ever play anymore and when I do it takes about 3 games to make me quit! The changes now are going to make me uninstall for good. No wonder the amount of players playing at any given time is way lower than the past years. Goodbye and good riddance!

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

4sfield #33 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:48 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 30079 battles
  • [-1]

View PostICantSea, on 27 December 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Crew skills have too much weight. 

So do player skills

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

NICKEL_AND_DIME #34 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 51682 battles
  • [III]
Crew skills seem to not be in effect as much in lower tiers. Or maybe the low tier tanks are just that bad. Problem is I remember how the tanks used to respond when I had more consumables and provisions and when crew skills seemed to work to your advantage. Now if you’re an established player with the crew skills you’re likely to miss a lot of aimed shots for some reason. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users