Base Teams on Winning Percentage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spierco #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:28 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14348 battles
  • [AKUMA]

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if this topic has already been covered. I believe that World of Tanks (WOT) should base their match making on the winning percentage of the players as the top priority. I recently played on a team where I was the most accomplished player with a winning percentage of 53.5%. In contrast the other team had five players with higher winning percentages than me (69.5, 65.31, 62.03, 56.86 & 54.96). If that wasn’t unfair enough the player with the lowest winning percentage on my team had a 39.46 winning percentage and the player on the opposing team with the lowest winning percentage was 46.37. To say that we got our butts kicked would be an understatement! This kind of matchmaking does not make the game more fun for either teams.

Sure it is nice to completely destroy a team now and then but in the end the games that we all value are the ones that are decided in the last minute. Why doesn’t WOT program their system to separate the top players on different teams? It is not that hard. If the goal is to balance the teams out so that everyone has a chance to win then this makes the most sense.

boris55555 #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:34 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 20481 battles
  • [MINC]
Welcome. Much discussed. Im sure some of our luminaries will enlighten us.
how many active clans do we have? Sound off: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/100997-active-clans/

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:41 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 16843 battles
  • [-VB-]

View PostSpierco, on 29 December 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Why doesn’t WOT program their system to separate the top players on different teams?

Two words: wait times.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Bachus131 #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19413 battles
  • [JAWZ]

Also Math

If 60% only play with and against 60% they will become 50% ers, same for the 40% ers so if they did that everyone would be 50%ers in a few months. 

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

4sfield #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:37 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 30931 battles
  • [-1]

I played all day and most of my teams had no one besides me over 50%. What you’re asking for is impossible. Stop whining about the good players. There are not enough of them to put a noticeable dent in any 40-50%ers WR. 

Winning is hard and it’s harder than it’s ever been right now. It’s all because the bad players whined about the things the good players did. WG changed it to accommodate the guys who suck and it’s been hard for everybody. I’ll bet if you go back and look at your games you’ll struggle to find one with a team like you described above on either side. I’ve seen it happen though, it’s not like I don’t believe you. I’ve also seen those teams get beaten. In fact I e been on 1 or 2 of those that have. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Vater_Von_Tom #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24232 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 29 December 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Two words: wait times.

Matchmaking is simply not balanced for fairness. The answer above seems the most likely.

...either that, or they're all against me at WOT.

Spierco #7 Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:15 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14348 battles
  • [AKUMA]

First of all 4sfield I am not whining about the better players. That is not the intention of my post and think that it is very short sighted of you to say so. I am just trying to offer an opinion as to how I think the game can be improved upon for everyone.

I have been on the winning side of the one sided battles as well and they are just not as enjoyable as the close battles. I love to play against the good players and feel like i learn so much from them. What I am saying is that everyone likes a challenge. Only wussies want to win all the time. When I start to win all the time at a game I move on to find another game that can challenge me. I am sure the top players feel that way as well. So why not create a situation where the good players want to play this game more by challenging them.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback from some of you other posters. Just thought that I would see what anyone had to say about the matter.

4sfield #8 Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:01 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 30931 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpierco, on 30 December 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

I have been on the winning side of the one sided battles as well and they are just not as enjoyable as the close battles. I love to play against the good players and feel like i learn so much from them. What I am saying is that everyone likes a challenge. Only wussies want to win all the time. When I start to win all the time at a game I move on to find another game that can challenge me. I am sure the top players feel that way as well. So why not create a situation where the good players want to play this game more by challenging them.

All I’m saying is that there is a way to challenge yourself still to this day. I’ll give you effort for trying, how much is all the time? Do you mean litteraly all the time or just more than you think you should because today I went 44% up to now. That sure as hell wasnt what I wanted to do but I was low tier most of the day and to top that off it seemed like no matter what type I drove I was outnumbered by the same type on the red team. That’s not a challenge, that’s getting thrown to the wolves. I don’t expect it to be permanent and I’m not mad about it, it’s the way it is sometimes when you have jackassitry all around you. Most of the time I lead the team in damage when I lose because of bad players and none of them do quadruple digit damage. 

It is a challenge every game to win with what you have placed on your team. Sometimes it’s insurmountable and sometimes it’s the other way around. Most of the time it’s about what you do and what you can get your team to do that determines whether you win or lose. If you look at the challenge like that it isn’t boring, it just gets frustrating when nothing you do seems to work. I’ve never been on a steamroll win streak before so I don’t know what those are like. To win in streaks I have to do things I don’t like to do with tanks that aren’t designed to do them. Sometimes I pick up bad habits that way and have to recognize it or it gets out of control. 

I’ve ripped off ten in row several times solo every day since I’ve been off work for Christmas shutdown except for today. I’ve also lost 5 straight and had a few streaks of triple losses mixed in with the good runs. All of the losses were not steam roll games and neither were the wins. I get several games with good players on both sides of teams every time I play, so much so I’m sick of typing o7, o7 all, Yo, and yo guys.

Today I saw a red T49 at Desert Sands kill 2 of my team mates in a 3 on 3 scrum in the dunes. He was playing it effortlessly and with skill. I took a shot from him early and he killed one of Msixteen’s guys who was in the mix as well. He was lining me up and I was alone against him and a medium and driving a bulldog. I had to maneuver evasively to avoid him and the other tank running me down because I knew if I died my team could lose. I played the tank to the edge of the envelope, the point is I got away and made it behind my 2 top tiers tanks that were left to reset camo. When I was spotted next, he tried to play for me again. I ran him through those other 2 guys and I ended up killing him in the end. I had like 15 hps left. I immediately looked at his stats page when it was over because the force was strong with this one and sure enough, he was 65%er I didn’t know. He tossed me an upvote and messaged me afterwards. He was a classy dude and sent me a friend request when we finished chatting. That’s what the game is about to me. I’ve done the exact same thing over and over again with guys over the years. That’s how you find out who can play and who can’t and that’s how you make friends and learn to play better. If that T49 was a nub I’d have roasted him when I got him isolated but this cat wasn’t a nub and I knew it right off. 

I don’t see where you think it isn’t a challenge winning with and against poor players. Personally the poor players irritate me more and more every time I play, especially when they are so poor I have no chance to win before the game even starts. A lot of that has to do with team tank make up and being severely low tiered with a tank that is weak compared to what I am up against.

If you want a challenge, there are tanks out there that will challenge your skill set. That’s the only reason I play now. I won’t play something OP for the sake of winning because I have grown to detest IS and TD spam along with the nubs who play them. It’s a lot like playing with the kids or the fmdig now unless you get one of those good matches. I’d venture to say those other guys in those matches are doing the same thing as me, trying to get their challenge any way they can.

By the way, that WZ111 needs a speed and traverse nerf. No TD should be that fast or out turn a light tank. I saw one run down an lttb today. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users