9 replies to this topic

littlefinger101 #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33650 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Hey guys, 

Happy New Year 2019!

I have put together a detailed video on crew skills. I talk about training your crew to 100% and then talk about each of the crew skills that can be further researched by tank type. Keep in mind these skills apply to all tanks. My recommendation is to focus on the medium and TD skills, meaning try to play more games in those two types of tanks. Of course there are some good skills under the lights and mediums, so don't forget about them. But the main point is that it is important to choose these skills wisely at the start as they can make a big difference in game. 

Please stop by AND subscribe.

BOOMROCKA #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17746 battles
  • [BNGER]
Thats a deep dive indeed! Thanks Mr. Finger!

dayton07277 #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 22618 battles
  • [CROWN]
GJ. LF.

bg2b #4 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
If you want to really grind skills fast, play elite tanks, use premium certificates and the free crew XP (and possibly combat XP) boosters, hit multipliers (they stack with the boosters), and dump your elite XP into acceleration.  If you go crazy during a high multiplier weekend, you can grind out enormous amounts of crew XP with those ideas.  Mentor is mostly a relic IMO.  Yes, it helps a bit, but getting effectively 5K to 10K crew XP per win because of boosters and active multipliers and acceleration totally dwarfs having an extra 5% or 7% from mentor.  If you do want to train mentor to level 3 or 4 that's fine (because the low levels are fairly cheap), but don't take mentor to level 7 and only then start working on your other medium skills.

Dan_Deerso #5 Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24108 battles
  • [III]

View Postbg2b, on 03 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

If you want to really grind skills fast, play elite tanks, use premium certificates and the free crew XP (and possibly combat XP) boosters, hit multipliers (they stack with the boosters), and dump your elite XP into acceleration.  If you go crazy during a high multiplier weekend, you can grind out enormous amounts of crew XP with those ideas.  Mentor is mostly a relic IMO.  Yes, it helps a bit, but getting effectively 5K to 10K crew XP per win because of boosters and active multipliers and acceleration totally dwarfs having an extra 5% or 7% from mentor.  If you do want to train mentor to level 3 or 4 that's fine (because the low levels are fairly cheap), but don't take mentor to level 7 and only then start working on your other medium skills.

Mentor is literally a sunk-cost fallacy unless you've already researched the rest of the medium tank crew skills.

Akadeadlytank #6 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18938 battles
  • [WR2]
all my crew skills are still level 4 and 5 after about 4 years

mY fAvOr!tE kEy On mY kEyBoArD iS 2

Spoiler

i like changing my profile stuff alot 

GentleNova #7 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25135 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postbg2b, on 03 January 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Ya I think this is it. It’s really about getting a key set of skills to level 5 first. If you do this, you don’t need level 7 Mentor. You only need level 7 Mentor when you’re taking your skills beyond level 5 because the top two levels require two thirds of the overall experience to get to level 7.

This is also really woke me up as to how much gold I’ve wasted on other things, when I should have been spending it on accelerating the top two levels of crew skills (about 4k gold for each skill), since it affects the performance of all of your tanks. 

Edited by GentleNova, 03 January 2019 - 07:01 PM.

FussyRude #8 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4209 battles
  • [PJGE]
Many others need see the video, specially WG devteam
#LoveLuchs

ShootinSabot #9 Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19257 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Good video, really enjoyed it. I think if you keep up this quality and originality you should get the required 5k subscribers and I believe you would be an excellent CC.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

VelociTanker #10 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14254 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Well done. Now WG needs to make this available to the new players via a link within the game.

As seen getting lucky on Littlefinger101 Youtube channel

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills 

Subscriber Replay on Mines T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov
5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

Also tagged with crew skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users