Lag

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tackywheat1 #1 Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [PZWAR]

For some reason when I play on the steam version of WOTB... I get small random lag spikes that heavily interfere with game play, yet when I play WOTB on my phone there is no lag at all.

Help?

ALL CREDIT TO SpartacusDiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

Member of TRPD TRPD is dead

Gavidoc01 #2 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39152 battles
  • [III]

Use pingplotter to try and see where the spikes are occurring.

I've been having ping and packet loss since 5.6 dropped. My route to the server goes 

• Home
  • Hudson area NY
  • NYC
  • NYC
  • NYC
  • Kansas City
  • Wichita
  • IL (WG server)

My latency is occurring in the 2nd and 3rd NYC, Wichita and WG server hops with packet losses in Wichita.

Early in the morning it's:

• Home
  • Hudson area NY
  • NYC
  • WG Server

No issues.

Starting points on WiFi and LTE are different but my routes are currently all going through Kansas.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Immel_man #3 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52019 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostTackywheat1, on 04 January 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

For some reason when I play on the steam version of WOTB... I get small random lag spikes that heavily interfere with game play, yet when I play WOTB on my phone there is no lag at all.

Help?

I’ve been having the same problem! Ping jumps up to 1000 while I lag out and spin in circles on my laptop. 

On my phone I experience no such issues. 

Tackywheat1 #4 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [PZWAR]

View PostGavidoc01, on 04 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Use pingplotter to try and see where the spikes are occurring.

I've been having ping and packet loss since 5.6 dropped. My route to the server goes 

• Home
  • Hudson area NY
  • NYC
  • NYC
  • NYC
  • Kansas City
  • Wichita
  • IL (WG server)

My latency is occurring in the 2nd and 3rd NYC, Wichita and WG server hops with packet losses in Wichita.

Early in the morning it's:

• Home
  • Hudson area NY
  • NYC
  • WG Server

No issues.

Starting points on WiFi and LTE are different but my routes are currently all going through Kansas.

I don't think it's a connectivity issue. When I played on my phone, I never experienced any ping issues. However whenever I switched over to my PC (steam version), I got random lag spikes

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing.

RoadKutter #5 Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 34850 battles
  • [III-H]
Getting ready for the update spikes perhaps? West coast ping kills me sometimes. I’ve actually had jitters and 1 second screen freezes.  Seattle hop is the one that kills me. Had a 50% packet loss on that one hop, Comcast fail. 

Ghosting reds since 2014

acrisis #6 Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]
If you are on your computer, you would have to make sure nothing else is running that can temporarily saturate your connection to the outside. To give an example, back in the days with more limited bandwidth connections, this could be as simple as your computer checking for emails every ten minutes. Or, if you have 6-12-... networked systems awake on a limited web connection, any of them deciding to check for any kind of updates. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Tackywheat1 #7 Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:18 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [PZWAR]

View Postacrisis, on 04 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

If you are on your computer, you would have to make sure nothing else is running that can temporarily saturate your connection to the outside. To give an example, back in the days with more limited bandwidth connections, this could be as simple as your computer checking for emails every ten minutes. Or, if you have 6-12-... networked systems awake on a limited web connection, any of them deciding to check for any kind of updates. 

Could be the large amount of tabs open in chrome. ty

Gojira5475 #8 Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36905 battles

I've given up on tablets and been using a laptop for the past month or so-my connection issues have dropped through the floor which makes me think it's just android sucks as a system.

Still had a few weird ping spikes but rare enough that they don't bother me,usually tapping the window icon and then clicking on the screen cleared it up :) did have a thing just now where I was held out of a game until the 6:19 mark that cost me so I just quit we'll see if that continues later on...

acrisis #9 Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

Back when I had just an iPad1 and iPad3 in early days, for gaming I made sure to pretty much close out everything and run in single task, closing all other apps, all notifications off, manual updates ... sometimes/periodically I’d even reboot.   We have way better iPads now, and background apps may be dormant and resume faster from disk, but for me it still is a good habit to close background apps, as games have gotten more demanding and we still don’t have that much RAM available. 

On the computer, when I’m doing something task intensive, or I notice things are not snappy any more, I’m usually down to a couple gb of RAM; so I go closing out a bunch of open stuff and crud. I think there has been a fair bit of regression in coding, where as capable as our systems are, we have way too much operating system and app bloat, a fair bit of overhead with security and tons of inefficient web code. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Tackywheat1 #10 Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [PZWAR]
Today when I was playing WOTB on my phone, always would lag out once in battle... and my ping was steady at 60..

1oldgrouch #11 Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17926 battles
  • [MOMGA]

I am still having them today but they are better than before the update. 

Farts are Natures Flowers

Tackywheat1 #12 Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [PZWAR]

View Post1oldgrouch, on 05 January 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I am still having them today but they are better than before the update. 

I used to never get them and then for some random reason I started lagging yesterday

Also tagged with Lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users