guides bottom tier lose noob help

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

jensen215_ #1 Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [IMPR]

Being the bottom tier and getting screwed over by mm is fun for no one. Most think that they are useless and are just supposed to rush in and spot and die. Here are a few things to got through next time you are at the bottom of a match.

1) Don't panic.
Know that just because you're on the wrong end of the MM doesn't mean that you have no chance of contributing to the battle. Hang loose, play smart and you can contribute, and at times even carry.

2) Know your role
- Is your gun still viable? In other words, can your gun still damage most stuff out there? If you're in a TD, you have a fairly good chance of damaging most of the stuff on the map, and even other tanks can often do so (especially with a bit of premium ammo usage.)

- How is your mobility? Mobility allows you to set up flank shots, as well as undertake other roles in the game. A bottom tier Medium is generally in better shape than a bottom heavy for this reason.

- What's your armor vunerability? Usually it's going to be "bad", but still something to keep in mind.

- Your role is more likely to be chipping in. Accept this. Do what you can, when you can.

3) You may not carry, but you can contribute. Focus on doing your part.

4) Your eyeballs always work just the same. This is incredibly important. Even if your gun can't ping most of the stuff out there, you can still spot things for friendlies.

5) Shoot what you can
- Vunerable higher tiers (side armor,rear armor)
- Your weaker counterparts

6) Don't interfere with those who can make better use of a position

If you see a higher tier tank where you want to go give the position to them and relocate.
(Note, you may well be worth more in a bottom tier tank than a bad potato in a top tier. That's a matter of watching the situation)

7) Don't suicide rush
- Longer battles allow less tanks to be in play, creates more opportunities for side shots and the like.

- Mobile Flanking
- Always look for opportunities to flank a pinned enemy (watching for times where it may expose you though)
- Always look for ways you can get a tank's attention to create a flank for someone else.
- Recognize that in a match, your teamates may not create or take advantage of said situation.

Copied from my clanmate Enaris on the WoTPC. I did not write this I just revised it.

As always Thank you for your time and feel free to post questions and comments below.

Edited by jensen215_, 30 December 2014 - 04:55 AM.

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

Oscuras69 #2 Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24187 battles
  • [DEF_A]
Nice post
  #getrektmate Rip ATT Rip PNCR Rip ARMDA/FLEET

Pikachu76 #3 Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38335 battles
  • [TITAN]
Nice

Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB

SimpleOrdMinAnthony #4 Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14466 battles
  • [MOM5]

View Postjensen215_, on 29 December 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Being the bottom tier and getting screwed over by mm is fun for no one. Most think that they are useless and are just supposed to rush in and spot and die. Here are a few things to got through next time you are at the bottom of a match.

1) Don't panic.
Know that just because you're on the wrong end of the MM doesn't mean that you have no chance of contributing to the battle. Hang loose, play smart and you can contribute, and at times even carry.

2) Know your role
- Is your gun still viable? In other words, can your gun still damage most stuff out there? If you're in a TD, you have a fairly good chance of damaging most of the stuff on the map, and even other tanks can often do so (especially with a bit of premium ammo usage.)

- How is your mobility? Mobility allows you to set up flank shots, as well as undertake other roles in the game. A bottom tier Medium is generally in better shape than a bottom heavy for this reason.

- What's your armor vunerability? Usually it's going to be "bad", but still something to keep in mind.

- Your role is more likely to be chipping in. Accept this. Do what you can, when you can.

3) You may not carry, but you can contribute. Focus on doing your part.

4) Your eyeballs always work just the same. This is incredibly important. Even if your gun can't ping most of the stuff out there, you can still spot things for friendlies.

5) Shoot what you can
- Vunerable higher tiers (side armor,rear armor)
- Your weaker counterparts

6) Don't interfere with those who can make better use of a position

If you see a higher tier tank where you want to go give the position to them and relocate.
(Note, you may well be worth more in a bottom tier tank than a bad potato in a top tier. That's a matter of watching the situation)

7) Don't suicide rush
- Longer battles allow less tanks to be in play, creates more opportunities for side shots and the like.

- Mobile Flanking
- Always look for opportunities to flank a pinned enemy (watching for times where it may expose you though)
- Always look for ways you can get a tank's attention to create a flank for someone else.
- Recognize that in a match, your teamates may not create or take advantage of said situation.

Copied from my clanmate Enaris on the WoTPC. I did not write this I just revised it.

As always Thank you for your time and feel free to post questions and comments below.

Thanks a lot!

My Device (Android)Samsung Galaxy Note Pro--12.2''

Clan: Proud to be a M.O.M

Looney-Tooners founded by myself & Acrisis

thunderthies #5 Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 18036 battles
Good info. +1

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

HitTheTank29 #6 Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2355 battles
  • [SRN]

In a match when I am lowest tier I usually scout if I'm a medium or light(only tiers1-5).

if your using a TD, put ur big gun to use

if heavy go with the other heavies:popcorn:

Asiaticus #7 Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
Great post. I'd also add that you can sometimes help by tracking an enemy you can't penetrate, giving an advantage to those on your side who can.

BHam101 #8 Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4239 battles
  • [TTYL]
Was lowest in my T1, I sat behind a corner as two tigers showed me their front corners. Loaded HE and tracked both of them to let the bigger guns take them out. Ended up with one kill and lots of credits for tracking those two. I was satisfied. 

SFMF_0352 #9 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6278 battles
  • [USMC5]
Yep, nice post.
"Assertive disarmament with extreme prejudice"

pfbz #10 Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14922 battles

Campaigning a newer T32 and keep finding myself in battles where I'm the only VIII on my team, all others IX and X.  

In these kind of battles:

• It's far too slow to flank or be a great spotter.
  • Gun is to weak to penetrate from distance or towards front, even perfectly placed shots usually need APCR.
  • Armor too weak to stand up to more than two IX or X shots, and going hull-down usually isn't an option other than camping somewhere doing no good.

If the matchup looks o.k, I'll invest the high-credit APCR shells and try my best to fight, try and back up a high tier heavy or TD that is going head-to-head with some extra shots to the enemy, but then it really sucks when I do reasonably well (like maybe 3rd team ranking when 1 and 2 are X's) but the team still loses and I end up losing as much as 50K credits from throwing everything I have at it (repair, adrenaline, cola, and premium shells).

Suggestions?  Just forget about trying to help the team win with premium shells, adrenaline, etc. and try and maybe flank for just one or two good side shots on heavy tiers then get lit up and die?

Edited by pfbz, 02 January 2015 - 08:33 PM.

CactiCactus #11 Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3298 battles
  • [Q-UP]
I would like to say that you did an awesome job.  I must add; however, that some lights can move so fast that big tanks cannot hit them.  Try creating a draw if the battle is hopeless... better to draw then to lose!

Cacti...

Desert Rose Too...

Madagascar Palm...

ALL WANT TO HURT YOU!

alex1956 #12 Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25924 battles
  • [MOM5]

Total bull! Played so many games that I was useless against the tanks that take me out with one or two shots. Your only there to pad these guys stats. Where do you justify this when your on the winning side every time these tank are pitted against you. Your only cannon fodder for these guys and nobody would enter a battle like this if they saw the worthlessness of your presence would amount to putting your own gun to your head? And explain how the same few tanks can just wade through the others without any Damage or loss of one tank? Your trying to fool everybody into this situation by giving them false hope! I personally taken so many losses like these, trying to end up on the bigger gun's side to end up in a match like this again. Lowest on the totem pole time after time. I say you know this to be the real truth and sure that you realize it too, just don't want to say it! The jerks that do this are bold faced cowards that take gleeful self assurance that they are so good at the game and call you a "noob". Nowadays the truth is that someone will cheat or take advantage of you at every opportunity.  And don't tell me to grow up or stop crying, your only saying that cause your on the winning side ot this description. The hard truth guys!

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

Lephturn #13 Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

N2rock #14 Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4768 battles

Yes, being bottom tier sucks. But no reason to give up. You'll have times where you are just canon fodder, and other times you will be a big contribution.

I particularly take great pride in the games where I am bottom tier and end up on top of the final leaderboard. I'm not any exceptional tanker, just average. So if I can do that, anyone can do that. Just need to play smart. But even playing smart won't save you every time, sometimes you're just doomed from the start. But you never know what you're outcome will be until you're done. So don't waste it- go in and do what you can, and maybe you end up on top, maybe you're the first to die. Doesn't matter- have fun, and try to do what you can.

Gregor_X #15 Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51351 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postcptkirkam56, on 08 January 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

Total bull! Played so many games that I was useless against the tanks that take me out with one or two shots. Your only there to pad these guys stats. Where do you justify this when your on the winning side every time these tank are pitted against you. Your only cannon fodder for these guys and nobody would enter a battle like this if they saw the worthlessness of your presence would amount to putting your own gun to your head? And explain how the same few tanks can just wade through the others without any Damage or loss of one tank? Your trying to fool everybody into this situation by giving them false hope! I personally taken so many losses like these, trying to end up on the bigger gun's side to end up in a match like this again. Lowest on the totem pole time after time. I say you know this to be the real truth and sure that you realize it too, just don't want to say it! The jerks that do this are bold faced cowards that take gleeful self assurance that they are so good at the game and call you a "noob". Nowadays the truth is that someone will cheat or take advantage of you at every opportunity.  And don't tell me to grow up or stop crying, your only saying that cause your on the winning side ot this description. The hard truth guys!

I too felt this butthu... mm...angst at often being low tier.  But (no pun intended) I have learned how to be useful.  If I can't effectively pen, I can be a distraction for the rest of the team. This means I get killed often, but the team has a better chance to win.  Remember, TEAM win is the goal. You may be a casualty, but take every opportunity to bring havoc to the reds.

On another note, I have many times carried the game from low tier, because the upper tiers are so focused on each other and don't expect much from me.  The t-34-85 and T-43 are really good tanks for this. Reap good XP and credits.  I'm hoping the same from the T-44.

Hang in there and be creative.  Oh and chill on the conspiracy theories.

LAISSEZ LES BONS CHARS ROULER!!!!

Jhooud #16 Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1971 battles

My poor T1 has been in a bunch of matches against Tier VII's lately.  It's a bummer.  At least in a medium I can scout, but the heavy just feels like cannon fodder.

Next time it happens I'll try and find a big brother to follow around.  Thanks for a great post!

Dude, suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.

cheasesteak #17 Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23539 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostN2rock, on 09 January 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

I particularly take great pride in the games where I am bottom tier and end up on top of the final leaderboard. I'm not any exceptional tanker, just average. So if I can do that, anyone can do that. Just need to play smart.

Agree completely.  I just looked over my last 10 games.  In two of the wins where I was low tier, I was top of the leader board.  In one I had more than twice the damage of any of the higher tier tanks in the match.

Firefly_1026 #18 Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 31853 battles
  • [-RVG-]

I want to add something:

STAY ALIVE

The fact of an extra gun, even if it cant penetrate anything, may just be enough to give your team a huge advantage when you're in late game. 

Asiaticus #19 Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

View Postcptkirkam56, on 08 January 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

The hard truth is that we all play low tier sometimes. The only tier you can play without this happening is tier 10. At tiers 5 and 6, being at the bottom of a three tier spread is fairly common. There is no cheaty way to avoid this, so those who are say it's manageable have a different perspective than you. They are not full of it.

I have played a lot of matches at 5 and 6, where matchmaking can be brutal. When I ground my first few tank lines, it was very painful and I lost over and over. I know what it's like to feel like your tank is nothing more than a speed bump and I've often been taken out early in the game by just a couple of shots (or one shot from an ISU). Boy, that's frustrating.

But I've also ground through those tiers in other lines more recently. And my WR with those is much higher. Sometimes I get top damage for the team. Sometimes I still die really early. Usually I contribute but am not the key player. I'm a better player now. It's much harder to do well as low tier in a heavy than in a medium or TD, but it's still manageable if you adjust your play style to the circumstances.

Really really.

TAG_PushRod #20 Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17066 battles
I just got done grinding through the T44, where I spent a pile of time running up against high Tier guys that I couldn't touch frontally.  Remember, there is more than one way to remove a gun from the battle.  If you have the mobility, be a distraction.  Harass the flanks, stumble in and out of their detection range.  Every gun thats chasing you is one less in the main push.  I've lost track of the number of times that I've went around behind the red's main push and ended up with 2 heavies turning around to come after me.  Did I do a pile of damage?  Nope.  Did I die a painful brutal death?  Sometimes.  Bad for personal stats?  Yup.  But thanks to the distraction I provided, the guys in the main push ended up being ahead guns, not behind.

Also tagged with guides, bottom tier, lose, noob, help

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users