guides bottom tier lose noob help

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ThatBaconGuyFTW #21 Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4295 battles

View PostBHam101, on 02 January 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Was lowest in my T1, I sat behind a corner as two tigers showed me their front corners. Loaded HE and tracked both of them to let the bigger guns take them out. Ended up with one kill and lots of credits for tracking those two. I was satisfied. 

Yeah, if your tank's gun sucks, track enemy tanks to let your teamates take them out.

BaconWaffles? No? What about WafflePies? BaconWafflePies? :O

king123440 #22 Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4143 battles
I usually hide behind the other higher tier tanks and taking potshots whenever I can pen them. I find this tactic to be quite effective.

Line completed: IS-7

Line currently grinding: IS-4

Progress on tank line: ST-1

jensen215_ #23 Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [IMPR]
Bumping in hopes of helping those suffering form spring noobs.

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

Jason_OR #24 Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3664 battles

View PostTAG_PushRod, on 17 January 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

.... Remember, there is more than one way to remove a gun from the battle.  If you have the mobility, be a distraction.  Harass the flanks, stumble in and out of their detection range.  Every gun thats chasing you is one less in the main push.....

Exactly.  Just because you can't penetrate a tank doesn't mean you can't be helpful.  Just today I was grinding the T-28 to get to the KV-1.  I upgraded the turret and forgot to load ammo.  What did I do?  I followed our heavies and spotted.  I danced around and made the enemy waste time and shells shooting at me.  Yes, I eventually died but my team won and I ended up with a lot of assistance points and some good experience.  

EDIT:  BTW, I finished the T-28 grind with 69% wins / 38% survival, and an Ace Tanker award.  

Edited by Jason_OR, 16 April 2015 - 01:06 AM.

popisdead #25 Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22692 battles
  • [ATC_]

The number one thing I do when I'm unable to pen a tank is start shooting out the tracks when playing peek-a-boo.  It makes a big difference if your team is not conga-lined as they can then swarm and pick apart tanks one by one. 

I love kemping bush

Jack0fAllTanks #26 Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 66081 battles
  • [S7A]

Tier 8 bottom feeder is worse than the 5-6.  But still you can have fun.  I just finished a game where we were platooning Centurion MK1s and got matched into a IX & X fight with a M48 Patton & E50M platoon in it

We ran from the hills to the city since we couldn't live against those two.  As we crossed the track my comrade burst apart as 3-4 of their heavies ate him.  I kept running.  Saw where their 2 VIIIs were playing peek a boom.  Joined in against the IS-3 to kill him.  There was a IX or X sniping from behind.  I charged between his shots at the T32 hiding behind a building, took him out in 2 more shots.  By now I'm completely a 1-shot kill for all the monsters left as all the soft targets are done.

I notice an IS-8 is below 200HP.  I take a breath, hope the sniper is reloading and charge past the open space and down the city wall.  Loading APCR (not wanting a bounce and fearing no time to aim) I take out the IS-8 on the pass by.

I see the Patton is below 200 HP and try to get him too.  He sees me coming and is waiting for me.  He's hull down and waiting.  Reds are sweeping up, no time to wait.  I think I can penetrate his turret, just to the side of his gun, so I jump out and shoot . . . it buzzes his ear. He fires back, misses and starts to circle putting dunes in my line of fire.  His mate (the only other survivor) with too much life for me to kill swoops in.  I die and grrr at them in the closing chat.  I could taste that Patton - so close.

I did want to add something that I think was missing in the original post.  It is a great list of ideas.  I used to hate HE shells, and have never gotten the greater damage from them even when shooting in the rear.  However, they don't bounce and armor plates that can't be penetrated are sometimes susceptible to splash damage - as are the modules.  HE shells are often times cheaper than standard AP shells too.  So if I can't penetrate I  load HE and harass them.  Knowing you're taking fire, even if it doesn't hurt, messes with your mind.  Use the HE to keep their tracks and view ports broken.  Usually any HP damage is low 2 digit, but I've seen some well in excess of 100HP where an AP or even ACPR shell would have just bounced off.

Side note on HE shells, if you need to shoot out a wall, etc to clear line of fire, use this lower cost ammo.

I rarely carry more than 4-6 ACPR and use them very sparingly, if ever, because they cost too much.  I don't like losing credits in battles.  

jensen215_ #27 Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [IMPR]
Bumping in hopes someone will take something away from this

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

Kptn_OTA #28 Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12518 battles
  • [LEGIO]

View Postjensen215_, on 29 December 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Being the bottom tier and getting screwed over by mm is fun for no one. Most think that they are useless and are just supposed to rush in and spot and die. Here are a few things to got through next time you are at the bottom of a match.

1) Don't panic.
Know that just because you're on the wrong end of the MM doesn't mean that you have no chance of contributing to the battle. Hang loose, play smart and you can contribute, and at times even carry.

2) Know your role
- Is your gun still viable? In other words, can your gun still damage most stuff out there? If you're in a TD, you have a fairly good chance of damaging most of the stuff on the map, and even other tanks can often do so (especially with a bit of premium ammo usage.)

- How is your mobility? Mobility allows you to set up flank shots, as well as undertake other roles in the game. A bottom tier Medium is generally in better shape than a bottom heavy for this reason.

- What's your armor vunerability? Usually it's going to be "bad", but still something to keep in mind.

- Your role is more likely to be chipping in. Accept this. Do what you can, when you can.

3) You may not carry, but you can contribute. Focus on doing your part.

4) Your eyeballs always work just the same. This is incredibly important. Even if your gun can't ping most of the stuff out there, you can still spot things for friendlies.

5) Shoot what you can
- Vunerable higher tiers (side armor,rear armor)
- Your weaker counterparts

6) Don't interfere with those who can make better use of a position

If you see a higher tier tank where you want to go give the position to them and relocate.
(Note, you may well be worth more in a bottom tier tank than a bad potato in a top tier. That's a matter of watching the situation)

7) Don't suicide rush
- Longer battles allow less tanks to be in play, creates more opportunities for side shots and the like.

- Mobile Flanking
- Always look for opportunities to flank a pinned enemy (watching for times where it may expose you though)
- Always look for ways you can get a tank's attention to create a flank for someone else.
- Recognize that in a match, your teamates may not create or take advantage of said situation.

Copied from my clanmate Enaris on the WoTPC. I did not write this I just revised it.

As always Thank you for your time and feel free to post questions and comments below.

Good job :) 

Jjtt0105 #29 Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2073 battles
nice

whinging_pom #30 Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17777 battles
  • [AMMA]
cptkirkam 56.instead of starting your thread with 'total bull' then whining.why won't you reread the three thoughts you have in your signature..especially the first one.

whinging_pom #31 Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17777 battles
  • [AMMA]
Meant post

HappyToMeatYou #32 Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11669 battles
  • [NI]

Great guide, thanks! Be a thorn in the side of exposed steel. :playing:

ACE_Pham_ #33 Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16822 battles
  • [OLGC]

Low tiers?

*Insert Premium ammo spam* :justwait:

"Life is a game, if you have no game, you have no life." 

"Let every one of the children of the USA learn to live for their God, land and Union". 

WareJC #34 Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13535 battles

View Postcptkirkam56, on 08 January 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

Total bull! Played so many games that I was useless against the tanks that take me out with one or two shots. Your only there to pad these guys stats. Where do you justify this when your on the winning side every time these tank are pitted against you. Your only cannon fodder for these guys and nobody would enter a battle like this if they saw the worthlessness of your presence would amount to putting your own gun to your head? And explain how the same few tanks can just wade through the others without any Damage or loss of one tank? Your trying to fool everybody into this situation by giving them false hope! I personally taken so many losses like these, trying to end up on the bigger gun's side to end up in a match like this again. Lowest on the totem pole time after time. I say you know this to be the real truth and sure that you realize it too, just don't want to say it! The jerks that do this are bold faced cowards that take gleeful self assurance that they are so good at the game and call you a "noob". Nowadays the truth is that someone will cheat or take advantage of you at every opportunity.  And don't tell me to grow up or stop crying, your only saying that cause your on the winning side ot this description. The hard truth guys!

Well call me strange but I think it is more fun to fight it out. Red team is going to have somebody I can kill ( well try to kill). My survi. rate is low but my personal fun factor is high. This was a fair post. His OP.

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

Also tagged with guides, bottom tier, lose, noob, help

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users