#Rev #M4A1

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

aquaman10991 #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6498 battles
  • [KILO5]

Let me start out by saying this is my opinion, and it does not mean that this tank is perfect. I’ve been in many battles with this tank where some Derp of some kind decides to nuke my thin armor.

Now that disclaimer is out of the way let me explain why this is my favorite tank!

1.(The obvious reason) that marvelous 105 mm gun.

A lot of people don’t like the fact that it shoots only apcr,heat, and he. But in actuality it doesn’t cost that much and actually plays into one of the benefits of the gun. It has really great penetration, and the shell velocity means you aren’t lobbing your 300+ dmg every 8.5 seconds (which mind you is the same as the Patton’s 105mm a tier higher) so slowly that by the time it reaches its destination the tank is gone. The gun can penetrate and accurately hit a moving targets weak spot from across the map. Not to mention that with the right modules the dispersion on this thing means you can reliably send snapshots,while moving, into an enemy tanks weak spot. And as stated above I’m impressed with the reload time being the same if not better than most 105mm guns a tier higher!

2. The turret and mobility of the tank

Now the turret on this tank, contrary to popular belief, has a few things going for it. The turret traverse is quite fast for whatever strat you want to use so yeah. Now the mantlet is quite large and the curves on the turret mean that if their aiming at your turret with ap it can be expected to bounce 60ish% of the time in my opinion. As for the mobility, it only gets up to around 48 on flat ground but the acceleration is what I enjoy. It can put most light tanks to shame! And it will get you out of a tight spot in a pinch, just don’t expect to zoom around the open in it and your mobility won’t be a problem.

3.(This is the controversial part) The armor.......oh boy

So this is stupid but I have to say it. Remember that this tank is based of a tier 5-6 chassis. But despite the paper thin armor getting spammed with he and heat all the time it still manages to bounce a lot! This can mostly be contributed to the trolly curves all over and the great traverse speed that lets you wiggle really well. Just don’t get the idea that you can reliably bounce! It may work in a pinch but don’t plan on it!

To finish I guess I’d leave you with this. It takes a certain amount of skill to play this well. You have to stick to close quarters combat where you can abuse your acceleration and relatively quick reload (considering caliber and damage). Never play 1st line but do play forwardish. This tank can snipe but isn’t a td.  Don’t play on the line with the heavies because you’ll be vaporized but find somewhere along the enemy firing lines (to the side preferably) and start putting shots into their tds or heavies. You can do enough damage that they can’t ignore you, so while they try to take you out, use your mobility and fall back. Your team should get some nice damage out of the deal. If given the chance, get behind the enemy and give the lights some much needed fire support.

i highly recommend picking up this outstanding tank next time it’s in the shop.

If there’s nothing faster than light, how’d the dark get there first?—Me

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

Jonny_applesauce #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7874 battles
  • [CLEAR]

I personally wouldn't mind picking one up if it was free but I don't think I'll ever play it when I have my glorious Type 59.

Does look like my playstyle tho - highest alpha of tier 8 meds, 10 degrees of gun depression.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

___REDCELL #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

Never Carries Fire Extinguisher

• Players
  • 12570 battles
  • [BL4DE]

I like my ravioli soft and squishy, not hard and crunchy.

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 09 January 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

I personally wouldn't mind picking one up if it was free but I don't think I'll ever play it when I have my glorious Type 59.

Does look like my playstyle tho - highest alpha of tier 8 meds, 10 degrees of gun depression.

Nah, the Chinese have got it beat with their 400 alpha guns in that respect. Good alpha, but not the highest even of tier 8 meds.

Jonny_applesauce #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7874 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post___REDCELL, on 09 January 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Nah, the Chinese have got it beat with their 400 alpha guns in that respect. Good alpha, but not the highest even of tier 8 meds.

You are indeed correct.

The best part is that I have and enjoy the T-34-2

:facepalm:

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31167 battles
  • [TITAN]

“Disclaimer” doesn’t mean what you think it means. 

You are simply prefacing something. 

Soviet_Union666 #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4048 battles
Yeah I don’t know if you can call it good while doing trash in it

Rio_Grande #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11437 battles
  • [AFT]

I'd buy it if they put an M2 browning machine gun up top.

They skimp out on the tank model, im not paying 30-40 bucks for an unfinished model.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

aquaman10991 #8 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6498 battles
  • [KILO5]

View PostSoviet_Union666, on 09 January 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

wdym? I’m not the best player but I’m not butchering the tank

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

aquaman10991 #9 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6498 battles
  • [KILO5]

View Post___REDCELL, on 09 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

True but my point in this thead isn’t to say the m4a1 baguette launcher is better than the big dumpling launchers on the t8 Chinese meds, but to say the frenchy boi still has a pretty large alpha nevertheless.

SpartacusDiablo #10 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [III]

View PostSoviet_Union666, on 09 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

MudkipAtWar #11 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 20618 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 10 January 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

aquaman10991 #12 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6498 battles
  • [KILO5]

Also I guess I didn’t use disclaimer correctly so I preemptively apologize for further grammatical errors.

General_pain_in_the_asp #13 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10174 battles
  • [MOMS]
I love my Revalorise!   I'm only middle of the road in it....but I'm a middle of the road player.  I'd love to seek the armor bumped up to the same numbers as the Jumbo, rather than the easy 8.  The paper armor does force you to preserve your hitpoints and hide from damage....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users