Protip: Don't insult the last player on team if team is winning

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Gojira5475 #21 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37986 battles

I just got the German cricket and I can see why I always sell any level ten I buy: you have either clueless people or mouthy a-holes playing,normally both,the rage is common and very lively :sceptic:

I may call this the end I just play level eight,the game isn't worth the bother at nine and ten,it's just stressful and stupidly turned against you 

alladinzain #22 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4109 battles
  • [-EVE-]

Wondering why they bother to watch if they are dead and unhappy with a likely win. Cheer on the survivor would be the normal response.

In that situation I am too busy finishing the battle to reply anyway.

Advice is welcome and will be considered, abuse will be remembered when giving out red thumbs.

superfly29erguy_1 #23 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24764 battles
  • [COD-R]
You lost me at...Pro tip, um, yay.

Oralflame #24 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15978 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View PostCA_vampire, on 11 January 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

Logic maybe?

Since your last tank is AFK you have lost already. It's done, finished. It does not matter if the other team wins or they lose, too... you have already lost the game. 

Now, if you want someone else to lose, with ZERO gains for yourself ... well, that's the definition of "malevolence", look it up. 

In soccer, if you’re dribbling up the sidelines and a defender comes up on you, you don’t pass the ball to them. If you can’t get around them, you kick the ball out of bounds. If the enemy is good and map aware, they should realize that the tank is afk. If they can’t figure it out, they deserve a tie

9_V0LT #25 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 8032 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostCA_vampire, on 11 January 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Logic maybe?

Since your last tank is AFK you have lost already. It's done, finished. It does not matter if the other team wins or they lose, too... you have already lost the game. 

Now, if you want someone else to lose, with ZERO gains for yourself ... well, that's the definition of "malevolence", look it up. 

Malevolence is an excellent word for it. 

I really don’t need to look it up, as I can tell it comes from the Latin words Male (meaning Harm) and Volens (meaning Willingly). 

In the game, I’m driving a war machine expressly created for such a purpose. I would hope, that all my teammates maintained a high degree of malevolence towards the enemy, at all times.

Maybe I’m weird that way. 

I once drowned myself, just to keep a red on the other team from getting a seventh kill. -Yeah, I did that and cherish the memory. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

VonTink #26 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20456 battles
  • [116]

Happened again to me today.  I'm the last green with nearly full health against a red who can be one shotted.  A dead green is ranting on me calling me nub, etc.  Endless name calling with racism thrown in for good measure.  I find the nearly dead red and parked and let nature take its course.

The dead green ranting on me?  67% WR.

One more time: SALT DOESNT WORK.

___ez_e___ #27 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61082 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostVonTink, on 11 January 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Happened again to me today.  I'm the last green with nearly full health against a red who can be one shotted.  A dead green is ranting on me calling me nub, etc.  Endless name calling with racism thrown in for good measure.  I find the nearly dead red and parked and let nature take its course.

The dead green ranting on me?  67% WR.

One more time: SALT DOESNT WORK.

I find this thread comical, but at the same time....I got no issue with what you are doing based on green teammates behavior.  

I agree that the lesson you are teaching is more important then winning any silly little game.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 11 January 2019 - 11:39 PM.

Lmsd123 #28 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43329 battles
  • [JFGF]
People shouldn’t play when having connection problems. But you don’t give help to enemies by giving out afk location. The game isn’t a true loss until afk is killed , don’t speed that up by giving out location.

Gavidoc01 #29 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39864 battles
  • [III]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 10 January 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

This happened twice yesterday in matches.:playing:

I am the last remaining player on the team, and it also turns out that I had done the most in the match out of everybody on the team.

Victory is in sight, and easily achievable, it is mere seconds away.

For whatever psychotic reason, an ally begins to rant in chat calling me a nub, criticizing every move and other sorts of whining. Just basically being rude. The match is not over yet, there's still one enemy left, but they're low on HP and just about dead.

Do players believe that it is a good strategy to insult the last remaining player on the team, especially when the team is easily winning and the last enemy is almost dead?

Hint: Nope, it's a pretty bad idea, because I will not grant victory to rude players and clueless players who suffer from garbage mouth syndrome. And that's precisely what I did, I decided to give the victory to the enemy team, because an Ally decided to become a greater enemy than the actual enemy. It doesn't matter if I am 100% full health and the enemy has 3 HP left. Not gonna happen bud.:izmena:

If the last tank is AFK or sitting at spawn doing nothing, then go ahead and insult them, but never ever insult the last player on the team who was #1 and did the most DMG and is about to win the match, especially if that player is called omk, because you know what omk will do, and omk will feel good doing it.:justwait:

I read you post but didn’t see a pro offering a tip. 

Guess i I missed it. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

_ImUrHuckleberry #30 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

You're a daisy if you do

• Players
  • 13960 battles

View Post9_V0LT, on 11 January 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Malevolence is an excellent word for it. 

I really don’t need to look it up, as I can tell it comes from the Latin words Male (meaning Harm) and Volens (meaning Willingly). 

In the game, I’m driving a war machine expressly created for such a purpose. I would hope, that all my teammates maintained a high degree of malevolence towards the enemy, at all times.

Maybe I’m weird that way. 

I once drowned myself, just to keep a red on the other team from getting a seventh kill. -Yeah, I did that and cherish the memory. 

I was with you, up until that last paragraph. I'm not one for sentimentality and decorum in a pixel tank game, but where do you draw the line? Drowning is technically against the rules but you seem proud of it. Would you use banned hit-skins to maximize your quota of malevolence? Not that it's even close to being an analog, but would you use a child as a meat shield when taking out an enemy combatant in war? Just food for thought.

As an addendum, another problem with sticking it to red is that the very next game he'll be an ally, or god forbid, a clan-mate down the road. It isn't so cut and dry as flipping the bird to some SS psycho.

Gavidoc01 #31 Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:33 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39864 battles
  • [III]

View Post9_V0LT, on 11 January 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I’d go down fighting and if the red got me, well, he earned it. Willingly killing yourself is not willingly harming red. It’s just being a tool. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Gojira5475 #32 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37986 battles

View PostGavidoc01, on 13 January 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

I’d go down fighting and if the red got me, well, he earned it. Willingly killing yourself is not willingly harming red. It’s just being a tool. 

I've never drowned myself but I have hit points where I just give up and let them kill me,won't shoot back and won't move it's "my team sucked,I'm done,peace out"

TO_Dominator #33 Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9723 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostGojira5475, on 13 January 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

I've never drowned myself but I have hit points where I just give up and let them kill me,won't shoot back and won't move it's "my team sucked,I'm done,peace out"

Look who's being a hypocrite now? 

You criticize me for doing the same yet now you do it yourself?   

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Gojira5475 #34 Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37986 battles

View PostTO_Dominator, on 13 January 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Look who's being a hypocrite now? 

You criticize me for doing the same yet now you do it yourself?   

You'd drown yourself if I don't play as you think I should,I'm just giving up when we're two minutes into a match and it's me against seven reds.

Wee bit of a difference. 

TO_Dominator #35 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9723 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostGojira5475, on 13 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

You'd drown yourself if I don't play as you think I should,I'm just giving up when we're two minutes into a match and it's me against seven reds.

Wee bit of a difference. 

First off, I don't drown myself. I yolo, which does help the team before I go. And that's how I play, so too bad if I don't play "the way you think I should."

Gojira5475 #36 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37986 battles

^That ladies and gents is a person who twists his words and lies to make his point,frankly he should be banned this is what was said:

View PostGojira5475, on 09 January 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

I just got a couple sniper medals the past few days....in my T34 :)

Be salty all you want but it's my tanks and I payed for them (the T34 I literally bought gold to get) so I play as I please and if I deem it best to snipe then that's what I'll do.

View PostTO_Dominator, on 09 January 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Cool. And when I see players doing that, I choose to yolo and kill my tank so I can return to my garage.

None of your business, its my choice.

TO_Dominator #37 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9723 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostGojira5475, on 13 January 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

^That ladies and gents is a person who twists his words and lies to make his point,frankly he should be banned this is what was said:

I think I made it pretty clear what I do. My "twisting" and "lying" is in fact your inability to read. 

You want to snipe in your heavy tank? OK. I want to go back to my garage when I see you doing that? OK.

By the way, when you said that "I should be banned" for what I said in that post, you seem to have forgotten when you said something along the lines of:

"May your babies die in your arms and all your loved ones die as well."

Gojira5475 #38 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37986 battles

View PostTO_Dominator, on 13 January 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

"May your babies die in your arms and all your loved ones die as well."

I'm a Satanist,we don't play nice...or fair.

ETA:

Guess I should also say instead of trying to work around the foul language thing I just say something awful in place of swear words...usually the worst I can come up with is involving kids,nobody picks on babies,except people like me.

Edited by Gojira5475, 13 January 2019 - 07:42 PM.

TO_Dominator #39 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9723 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostGojira5475, on 13 January 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm a Satanist,we don't play nice...or fair.

Either way, you are a hypocrite for believing I should be banned.

You are also a hypocrite for saying "we don't play fair... or nice."

When I choose to return my garage after seeing you camp in a heavy, it is because i have long since given up and I will no longer play nice. 

9_V0LT #40 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 8032 battles
  • [OGRE]
Another potentially interesting thread, hijacked by your local Bickersons. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users