• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

GentleNova #21 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27630 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostCletusrocks_ap, on 11 January 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Basically instead of depending on your team to do the right thing, try to make the stupid thing they are already doing the right thing, if that makes any sense.

Well said. Pretty much nails it. But that requires constant awareness of what’s happening with your team and the enemy team (as Jonny_applesauce noted). And knowing where to position yourself properly, so you can assist them without being nuked yourself (thus requiring awareness again). Martin Dogger just so happens to have a great video on this right now on how to play with noobs.

Basically this requires going beyond understanding the tactical dimension of the game, how to be a good tank player (ie shooting, defending), and even goes beyond the strategic dimension, being a good team player. It requires understanding the adaptive dimension of the game (aka being highly flexible) by knowing what’s going to happen before it happens (which means improving your ability to do this).

For example, if you see two or three different engagements starting, which one will allow you to keep your entire team alive longer in order to win. One engagement may allow you to do way more damage but actually lose the game. Another, you may actually do less damage finishing off enemy tanks but you end up keeping team mates alive with a sliver of health to win the game. And it’s even knowing when to bail on a team mate and let him die, just so you can stay alive, rather than staying with your team mate to the very end within that engagement and it costing you the battle. 

Edited by GentleNova, 11 January 2019 - 04:09 PM.

TO_Dominator #22 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 10454 battles
  • [SASK2]

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Not just me ALL of you,this isn't a single person this is anybody who plays,that sweet spot I talked about is the hook to get you in,spend a little money,the others are to anger you enough to stay and spend more.

I know where it is I think,I can say when I started seven and eight where impossible with levels one to six being the sweet spot,they shifted it to one to five-six being a general dazzle,then the hook,then the hard part to get people to either stay or leave.

It is what it is,believe me or not I don't care,I just know it and know where to stay.

Anybody want to make a bet? Seriously? I bought 365 days plus of premium time the plus being I also got 30 days extra,okay so let's say......

For the duration of that time I'll play nothing but levels six,seven,and eight if by this time next year I'm not at 55% I'll split,however if I get to that goal or higher you have to at least consider what I'm saying.

Bet? Anybody?

Visit OMK's "MM is not rigged, but can be improved" thread. I thoroughly explained this to a player named face4star.

I'm too lazy to transfer it into this thread, but I highly suggest you read it.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Fu_Manchu_ #23 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Not just me ALL of you,this isn't a single person this is anybody who plays,that sweet spot I talked about is the hook to get you in,spend a little money,the others are to anger you enough to stay and spend more.

I stopped reading after this. My MM is just fine. Yes, I get bad teams but I also get good teams. Sometimes I have a monster game and still lose because my team is garbage but sometimes I also make a bad decision and get deleted early and my team gives me a win I in no way deserved.

Edit: Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. How can WG give everyone bad MM? If you're getting more bad teams than good, then someone has to be getting more good teams than bad. Try using logic once in a while Gojira and you might realize how flawed your idea is.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 11 January 2019 - 04:05 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

Nozzion #24 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16666 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I know where it is I think,I can say when I started seven and eight where impossible with levels one to six being the sweet spot,they shifted it to one to five-six being a general dazzle,then the hook,then the hard part to get people to either stay or leave.

It is what it is,believe me or not I don't care,I just know it and know where to stay.

Anybody want to make a bet? Seriously? I bought 365 days plus of premium time the plus being I also got 30 days extra,okay so let's say......

For the duration of that time I'll play nothing but levels six,seven,and eight if by this time next year I'm not at 55% I'll split,however if I get to that goal or higher you have to at least consider what I'm saying.

Bet? Anybody?

I mean, I got my wr up by .23 in less than a month, now im up at 58.23 :)

Oralflame #25 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15996 battles
You probably forgot to renew your premium RNG subscription...

acrisis #26 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [III]
Time for a supply run and buying some extra aluminum foil ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

RatPATROL_2014 #27 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 81531 battles
  • [THUMB]
Been around along time food getting so bad you can’t eat the garbage sort of what you see here

Jonny_applesauce #28 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10864 battles

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Got the german cricket,played 29 battles,21 losses and 8 wins....

What is the german cricket? you talking about the Grille?

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Dan_Deerso #29 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 26207 battles
  • [III]

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Bet? Anybody?

So what you're saying is, at your pace (12,500 games a year), you're gonna win over 8,500 of them at an average tier of 7.

Yeah, I'd bet decent money that you can't hold a 68% winrate for a year regardless of the tier.

AKWolf1 #30 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 75654 battles
  • [CMIND]

View PostGojira5475, on 11 January 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

How may I ask do I "get gud" if the team is gone within two minutes of the match starting? How do I do ANYTHING different?????????????????????????????????

I hop in my T34,AMX M49,Tiger 1,hell even the WT Pz IV I do at least passably well,at least I think having a 50% to 55% win rate in a tank is decent,maybe not purple but remember I play for fun and my whole goal is to be in the 50% range somewhere,I do that I'm happy.

Level nine is doable but a strain,not fun,more frustrating then you get into ten....excuse me but I'll tell you what I see:

I'm running the cricket,it's a TD,so naturally the light and fast tanks are my utter death so what is red made up of like 90% of the time? You guessed it!! I'd kill for a match that is mostly heavy and TD with maybe one or two fast movers but not HALF of red team being made up of that.

Never mind a team that is like a slug sprinkled with salt,that ain't me I'm moving and shooting and then I notice,oh hey! EVERYBODY is dead :sceptic:

It is NOT me,I am not a great player but I'm not a fool,I can stand well enough for myself and ten is a RIGGED mess or I guess set at a level to make those who like the tournaments...I dunno I give up.

I like my T34 and others. 

Well you are a %50 player currently, and you say that’s what you want, so what’s the issue?  I’m not great, %53 currently, but I pretty much live in tier 10.  Most people despise 10, but I’ve played it enough to know what to expect. 

Rio_Grande #31 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11644 battles
  • [AFT]

Teams certainly feel like they have steadily gotten worse over the years, but one major factor a lot of players don't realize is that attitude has quite a large effect on how you play.

Playing angry is known to affect judgment, therefore making decisions in games worse, costing you the game.

Best to stop playing all together for at least 3 months. then come back.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

AOT_Jaeger2 #32 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17820 battles
  • [ASLAN]
There’s. No. Rigging. As a 60% player with what can be considered solid stats, I will say this. The MM is not rigged. There is a huge issue with the game, though. The simple fact is that the player base sucks. Hard. The average player in this game simply doesn’t know how to play it. Which means one of two things. Either A: This game attracts idiots like flies to dung, or B: The game doesn’t properly teach a and prepare players, sells high tier premiums to them right out the gate, and doesn’t explain at all how to play the maps or puts them on.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Rio_Grande #33 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11644 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 11 January 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Which means one of two things. Either A: This game attracts idiots like flies to dung, or B: The game doesn’t properly teach a and prepare players, sells high tier premiums to them right out the gate, and doesn’t explain at all how to play the maps or puts them on.

Try both.

I remember a few years ago somebody blurting a statistic on the lines of: The average win ratio of Wot players on a global scale is 48%.

What this tells us is not how much people suck, but how many.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

Jonny_applesauce #34 Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10864 battles

View PostRio_Grande, on 11 January 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Try both.

I remember a few years ago somebody blurting a statistic on the lines of: The average win ratio of Wot players on a global scale is 48%.

What this tells us is not how much people suck, but how many.

Umm that has nothing to do with the average playerbase.

I fact if the playerbase were better the global winrate might be lower because more skilled players might result in more draws.

No matter how good/bad the players in each team are one team wins and the other loses, resulting in a 50% global winrate if there were no draws. Again, if everyone was bots it would still be an average of 50% - 7 players lose, but the other 7 win. The global winrate tells you nothing about the skills of the playerbase.

What does tell you about the skills of the average player is that people with "decent" stats of 50-55% can often be seen in game playing like freaking autistic monkeys. And that's an insult to monkeys I think. The reason that is depressing is that 50-55% of the time their enemy is worse.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

__The_Dude_30__ #35 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21542 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Goj, I took a peek at your 30 day stats. Your average damage and all of your tanks' average damage are quite low. Try focusing on staying longer and doing more damage. This is usually key to carrying any bad teams. I personally have not noticed any manipulation or rigging against myself. Of course I see bad teams, but there are enough decent teams to make up for it. I just got my win rate up to 55, and it's going up faster than I've seen it go in a while.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

acrisis #36 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [III]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 11 January 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Umm that has nothing to do with the average playerbase.

I fact if the playerbase were better the global winrate might be lower because more skilled players might result in more draws.

No matter how good/bad the players in each team are one team wins and the other loses, resulting in a 50% global winrate if there were no draws. Again, if everyone was bots it would still be an average of 50% - 7 players lose, but the other 7 win. The global winrate tells you nothing about the skills of the playerbase.

What does tell you about the skills of the average player is that people with "decent" stats of 50-55% can often be seen in game playing like freaking autistic monkeys. And that's an insult to monkeys I think. The reason that is depressing is that 50-55% of the time their enemy is worse.

Back when we had wotbstars, the average and median WR was 48% ... accounting for a couple % draws.  The bulk of the players within a few % points either way of that 48% in a beautiful bell curve. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_Cletus #37 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25005 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postacrisis, on 11 January 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Back when we had wotbstars, the average and median WR was 48% ... accounting for a couple % draws.  The bulk of the players within a few % points either way of that 48% in a beautiful bell curve. 

"Yeah but winrate doesn't really mean anything anyway." - every 40%er

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

FussyRude #38 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5375 battles
  • [AZUR]
Sometimes you MUST lose
#LoveLuchs

j_rod #39 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 23017 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Here’s another suggestion - post a few replays where you feel like it was completely the team’s fault and let people give you feedback.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

chicagoK #40 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:03 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 77806 battles
  • [RNG]
Can someone please tell me what the F a German cricket is?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users