Jump to content


7-0 or 0-7


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

AKWolf1 #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 72367 battles
  • 426
  • [CMIND]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
The pre-match offering of 0-7 that has been around for many years has unfortunately become the reality for most ending results in today’s matches.  I wonder what the percentage of wins are that end in 0-7?  

4sfield #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:29 AM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 32551 battles
  • 5,080
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

  It’s “o7” and it’s used as a sign of respect. 0-7 or 7-0 has nothing directly to do with o7. When you say, “o7” you mean it. Sometimes I say, “Yo”, it’s not the same. Yo is for guys you know more than just as an acquaintance. Last night for example at Dead Rail I saw Meat_Locker. I immediately typed “Yo Meat” to which he responded with something witty knowing I didn’t require an o7. So I said, “HTH are ya?”. He comes back with, “Long and large” and “How are you?”. I just said, “Bigger” and our team proceeded to stomp the guts out of the reds 7-0. See what we indirectly did there?

 

 


Edited by 4sfield, 12 January 2019 - 04:31 AM.

 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


Meat_Locker #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:34 AM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 36845 battles
  • 960
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
The above reporting is true.  It is a breath of fresh air in this day and age. 

 


AKWolf1 #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 72367 battles
  • 426
  • [CMIND]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View Post4sfield, on 12 January 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

  It’s “o7” and it’s used as a sign of respect. 0-7 or 7-0 has nothing directly to do with o7. When you say, “o7” you mean it. Sometimes I say, “Yo”, it’s not the same. Yo is for guys you know more than just as an acquaintance. Last night for example at Dead Rail I saw Meat_Locker. I immediately typed “Yo Meat” to which he responded with something witty knowing I didn’t require an o7. So I said, “HTH are ya?”. He comes back with, “Long and large” and “How are you?”. I just said, “Bigger” and our team proceeded to stomp the guts out of the reds 7-0. See what we indirectly did there?

 

 

I know what it means wise [edited].  But the reality is that 0-7 has become all to often the end result of a good portion of the matches nowadays.  That was the point or could you not figure that out??



Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34770 battles
  • 2,436
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View PostAKWolf1, on 12 January 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

I know what it means wise [edited].  But the reality is that 0-7 has become all to often the end result of a good portion of the matches nowadays.  That was the point or could you not figure that out??

If you indeed knew the actual meaning, why correlate the 2? Your point is that the results are often lopsided. Focus your point on your actual point if you wish to create discussion around it.



AKWolf1 #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:30 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 72367 battles
  • 426
  • [CMIND]
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

If you indeed knew the actual meaning, why correlate the 2? Your point is that the results are often lopsided. Focus your point on your actual point if you wish to create discussion around it.

Irony dude!!!  It’s ironic that a salute to others has all too much become reality!!!!  



Absolute_Sniper #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:53 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34770 battles
  • 2,436
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
But it’s not a zero......o7 is the letter o and the number 7. It isn’t the same.

4sfield #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:13 AM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 32551 battles
  • 5,080
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

  I was just telling story and that by the way was verified as the truth by the other party involved. You can control how you use “o7”, and you either do it the right way or you’re wrong. You can’t do anything about the steamroll games to fix the ones you lose except for play better. The ones you win aren’t any more fun but if you want them to be exciting I guess you could just go AFK and watch. 

 

  Bad players are everywhere and we all get them on our teams. 


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


acrisis #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20329 battles
  • 10,859
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostAKWolf1, on 11 January 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

I know what it means wise [edited].  But the reality is that 0-7 has become all to often the end result of a good portion of the matches nowadays.  That was the point or could you not figure that out??

 

And maybe your intended message was lost by you starting with “ The pre game offering of 0-7 ... “ ... so, don’t go throwing insults around.  


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

    Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
 


andyllinger #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Mr. Hyde encantador

  • Players
  • 28869 battles
  • 2,340
  • [--M--]
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
I use 07 not o7, that way the "arm" is more in line with the "head" lol. 

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T.


4sfield #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 32551 battles
  • 5,080
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postandyllinger, on 12 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I use 07 not o7, that way the "arm" is more in line with the "head" lol. 

 

  I’ve never been a Spartan. We need some clarification. 

 


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


Blartch #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 59338 battles
  • 8,089
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015
It's a total insult that all these people are saluting you with their left hand

acrisis #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20329 battles
  • 10,859
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

 Y2K+ ... they’re busy texting with their right hand while driving ... can only salute with the left arm ... 

 

:honoring:


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

    Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
 


little_brother_of_war #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:30 PM

    ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

  • Players
  • 13701 battles
  • 2,143
  • [FROST]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

View Postandyllinger, on 12 January 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I use 07 not o7, that way the "arm" is more in line with the "head" lol. 

 

View PostBlartch, on 12 January 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's a total insult that all these people are saluting you with their left hand

Maybe they’re saying “Hey...that one was over my head!” 



MarBearCat #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22386 battles
  • 11,595
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

You knew this was coming.......

 

Spoiler

 


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


9_V0LT #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 8058 battles
  • 2,318
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostAKWolf1, on 12 January 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

The pre-match offering of 0-7 that has been around for many years has unfortunately become the reality for most ending results in today’s matches.  I wonder what the percentage of wins are that end in 0-7?  

 

I got it, but you need to know your audience and the medium you’re using. 

I’ve found posts using travesty or sarcasm, do not fair well here.


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


minitel_NA #17 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,038
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postandyllinger, on 12 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I use 07 not o7, that way the "arm" is more in line with the "head" lol. 

 

time to use °7.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


4sfield #18 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 32551 battles
  • 5,080
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 12 January 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

 

time to use °7.

 

  Looks like a guy peeing against the wind. I like it, reminds me of what I’m up against every game.

 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


Carnage_Asada_ #19 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7939 battles
  • 1,591
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    08-18-2015

Has everyonr forgotten my Salute Guide, from 2015?

 

I've seen some questions about the salute symbol in Blitz and to help alleviate any confusion, I've created a small guide to the salutes of the different servers, countries and organizations. Please feel free to add or annotate.

 

American Salute 07

 

English Salute 0>

 

German Salute  \0

 

Russian Salute  .I.

 

Polish Salute  70

 

French Salute  o⚐

 

Asian Server Salute 

(ok, forget that one)

 

Miscellaneous Salutes

Stoner Salute  ∙∙7

 

Surprised Salute  ö7

 

Happy Salute  Ü7

 

Copyrighted Salute ©7

 

Scarface Salute Ø7

 

Seven degrees of salute 07°



minitel_NA #20 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,038
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostCarnage_Asada_, on 13 January 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

Has everyonr forgotten my Salute Guide, from 2015?

 

I've seen some questions about the salute symbol in Blitz and to help alleviate any confusion, I've created a small guide to the salutes of the different servers, countries and organizations. Please feel free to add or annotate.

 

American Salute 07

 

English Salute 0>

 

German Salute  \0

 

Russian Salute  .I.

 

Polish Salute  70

 

French Salute  o⚐

 

Asian Server Salute 

(ok, forget that one)

 

Miscellaneous Salutes

Stoner Salute  ∙∙7

 

Surprised Salute  ö7

 

Happy Salute  Ü7

 

Copyrighted Salute ©7

 

Scarface Salute Ø7

 

Seven degrees of salute 07°

 

Nice etiquette but you forgot a few of them :

 

James Bond salute 007

 

Latin American salute jajaja

 

Donald Duck salute  >o7

 

Donlad Trump salute ó7

 

 

 


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users