Most zero damage scores in a single game. Ever

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Absolute_Sniper #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

This was the best teamwork ever. The map was Normandy. Mode Encounter. Before the round started the call up hill was made. The entire green team went up. After a few seconds we were all above the cap circle and not a single red was spotted. Realizing the reds all went to play in the sand I called for the team to cap and hold positions. The team obliged. 7 green tanks dove into the cap. The reds finally spot us and advance. They crest the hill just enough to get shots into us as the cap timer hit 100. A couple post victory shots hit the greens after the battle was decided. But the green guys, we won with our brains and did not inflict a single point of damage. In total there were 7 zero damage scores on green and 5 on red. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/Qd36dM1

Unfreakinreal.....

o7

originalmadkilla #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15860 battles
  • [OMK]

Wow, that's pretty funny.:playing:

I guess your team definitely deserved the win. It was a short match I assume?

I don't see the point in going to the beach, especially not an entire team. What's the advantage in holding the low ground? A lot of nubs seem to go down there.

You should post a video or replay. Would be fun to see that match. :justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 12 January 2019 - 08:32 AM.

__V_O_P__ #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27257 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

This was the best teamwork ever. The map was Normandy. Mode Encounter. Before the round started the call up hill was made. The entire green team went up. After a few seconds we were all above the cap circle and not a single red was spotted. Realizing the reds all went to play in the sand I called for the team to cap and hold positions. The team obliged. 7 green tanks dove into the cap. The reds finally spot us and advance. They crest the hill just enough to get shots into us as the cap timer hit 100. A couple post victory shots hit the greens after the battle was decided. But the green guys, we won with our brains and did not inflict a single point of damage. In total there were 7 zero damage scores on green and 5 on red. 

Unfreakinreal.....

o7

Glad to see WOTB rewarding your team’s cunning and guile. Masteries all round? Presumably they took your silver too?

gizmodjango #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [-1]
Haha! I was thinking of posting this myself. Had a run of bad low tier games in the Borsig, culminating in this. All the spamming to protect the base.....and no one would. And me in my paper td, well, I got one shot in. But of course I knew I'd get obliterated the second I peeked at an entire team in cap. And the high tier who called beach called everyone nubs as he did nothing to reset cap. 

Edited by gizmodjango, 12 January 2019 - 06:39 PM.

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postgizmodjango, on 12 January 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Haha! I was thinking of posting this myself. Had a run of bad low tier games in the Borsig, culminating in this. All the spamming to protect the base.....and no one would. And me in my paper td, well, I got one shot in. But of course i got obliterated. And the high tier who called beach called everyone nubs as he did nothing to reset cap. 

Something this random was bound to happen eventually.  It was something I won’t forget for some time and it will likely never happen again. 

richdubz #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15006 battles
  • [SEMPF]
What if they held a war and nobody came

acrisis #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]
That surely ranks up there with the zeros.

The closest thing that comes to mind is the invisible battle games we had for a few days, way back when. 

(+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  

Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

Rio_Grande #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11474 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Unfreakinreal.....

o7

Don't drink and drive tanks kids, lesson of the day! :)

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

MarBearCat #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

Unfreakinreal.....

o7

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

MarBearCat #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

Unfreakinreal.....

o7

Would love to see the video

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

gizmodjango #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [-1]

I watched the replay. Hilarious. I'm all trying to promise myself to not get spotted in the Borsig (I'm not good at being patient in TD's) and everyone rushes toward the beach. I did hit "negative" 20 seconds in, but what can a lonely paper td do but follow...I was certain at least one of your team would be flanking and I didn't want to get caught in a lonely bush behind my team. 

As the cap timer wound its way toward the inexorable conclusion, I actually muttered, "picked a bad day to swear off yoling in my borsig..." 

Absolute_Sniper #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostMarBearCat, on 12 January 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Would love to see the video

Ask and you shall receive 

FussyRude #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4010 battles
  • [PJGE]
Your video is bugged
#LoveLuchs

Absolute_Sniper #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostFussyRude, on 12 January 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

Your video is bugged

Its working for me. Odd

swampydoodle #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19545 battles
  • [FUSAG]
The tier 1 strategy... Well played. That was hilarious. o7

acrisis #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Ask and you shall receive 

I was actually expecting a straight to cap run! 

Back on the old Falls Creek, I have done a few of those, rush cap rightaway, let the enemies dig in at the bridge. 

(+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  

Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

originalmadkilla #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15860 battles
  • [OMK]

The base capped pretty quickly with that many tanks on it. It also helps if multiple players have the base capped enhancement skill maxed out.:playing:

I would suggest that more teams try that more in the future. It would sure break up the boring camping meta in the higher tiers, and I bet that many teams would be in for a surprise if you don't always do the same, tired expected boring and lazy things that many teams often do in matches. Some teams are so slow and there's so much camping going on, I bet that it could be successful in quite a few matches.:justwait:

Absolute_Sniper #18 Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 12 January 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

The base capped pretty quickly with that many tanks on it. It also helps if multiple players have the base capped enhancement skill maxed out.:playing:

I would suggest that more teams try that more in the future. It would sure break up the boring camping meta in the higher tiers, and I bet that many teams would be in for a surprise if you don't always do the same, tired expected boring and lazy things that many teams often do in matches. Some teams are so slow and there's so much camping going on, I bet that it could be successful in quite a few matches.:justwait:

Not so sure about that. If they had been able to reset the counter, we would have gotten nuked. 

originalmadkilla #19 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15860 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Not so sure about that. If they had been able to reset the counter, we would have gotten nuked. 

From what I understand, it won't reset back to zero, even if one tank got hit.:playing:

The base cap timer would only remove the points that the specific tank that got hit contributed.

Let's say that the tank that gets hit contributed 7 secs to the timer, because they were the last tank to enter the cap area, then the timer would only move back 7 secs, and with the entire team on the cap, the timer would continue to increase quickly.

I might be wrong, but that's how I thought the cap timer works.:justwait:

Absolute_Sniper #20 Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31729 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 13 January 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

From what I understand, it won't reset back to zero, even if one tank got hit.:playing:

The base cap timer would only remove the points that the specific tank that got hit contributed.

Let's say that the tank that gets hit contributed 7 secs to the timer, because they were the last tank to enter the cap area, then the timer would only move back 7 secs, and with the entire team on the cap, the timer would continue to increase quickly.

I might be wrong, but that's how I thought the cap timer works.:justwait:

You’re not wrong but it would’ve given them a chance to get more shots in. Thus rendering the cap ineffective.  I’d say this works only in a perfect storm of circumstances.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users