Just need to slow down?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JCC_74 #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3770 battles
I could use some advice forumers.  I am around 56.7% wr after about 3100 battles and a wide variety of tanks.  So it seems that even though I have a decent wr, my damage per tier is sub par :( .  Please take a look at my blitzstars ( jcc_74) and give me some pointers to break 60%.  Do I just need to slow down and get my abysmal survival rate up?  I think I may be playing to aggressive early game ( and I have been moving up in tiers lately, so...) but with the camping meta right now SOMEBODY has to get out there right lol.  Thank you all in advance for your "get gud skrub" comments :)

acrisis #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20257 battles
  • [III-X]
https://www.blitzsta...ayer/com/JCC_74

Yes.

You are probably spotting a bit too eagerly or playing too aggressive in some instances. 35% survival is quite low. Ideally it should be closer to 50%.  Hit point preservation and staying alive longer are keys to more damage and let you control / help control the end game ... versus likely leaving it in the hands of a less experienced player, camper, ... 

(+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  

Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

JCC_74 #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3770 battles
Thank you acrisis.  Other than that ( which I suspected) any other advice to break into the 60% club? 

acrisis #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20257 battles
  • [III-X]

I like how you are taking your time to move up. 

Avoid loss streaks, ( the valleys in ongoing wr ), switch tanks and tiers after the third loss, take breaks after several losses.

Spread grinds out, don’t just drive the same tank continuously to grind it through no matter win/lose. Spread it out, take advatnage of 2x. 

Platoon with other good players, that can help you get an extra win or two per ten games. 

Make sure to have hard cover nearby for protection, look for opportunities to sidescrape and hull down.

Practice situational awareness, how are the lineups, what is the common meta ... where are the greens, where are the reds. Look at the minimap during reloads, when you have some extra time ( kv1s taught me that ) 

Sometimes the best shot is not in front of you but of to the side or behind, where you can help kill a weak red and/or keep a green alive ... to get the numerical advantage. 

Don’t do bad shot trades, where you get shot three times, while trying to get one shot off. 

A good goal is to work towards 2x damage and 2x kill ratio ... which means being a bit more conservative, no yolo, trying to only expose to one red at a time and then using terrain, obstacles, tracks, hull down, sidescraping, etc to minimize incoming damage while maximizing outgoing damage. 

Even if it is a no win situation, stay alive, do what you can. 

JCC_74 #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3770 battles
WOW  thx acrisis most of this I have been working on :) .  I guess it just comes down to putting in more battles and surviving more....so get gud [edited] :)

acrisis #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20257 battles
  • [III-X]

It is a process, and plenty of bad moves & lost battles will happen regardless of how well one tries to think things through, or maybe even overthinking it.

Finding a good clan is helpful too, to take benefit from clan supplies ( every little discount helps ) and you may find others with tons of experience sharing insights and knowledge, replays, ... 

JCC_74 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3770 battles
How much difference does the higher crew skills make?  I have every one at lvl 4, td camo at 5, and i think the last medium skill at 5 ( turrent bonus?)  As I am playing mostly at tiers 6 and 7, should i wait to move up until these improve or can I play 8-10 with this lvl of crew skills?

acrisis #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20257 battles
  • [III-X]

Playing smart and avoiding mistakes will outweigh crew skills in general, though of course the higher the crew skill gets the extra edge.

You may want to prioritize a few skills, rather than leveling them all up one by one, line by line. Some are rather circumstantial. 

Sent you a private message. 

vvk2 #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62728 battles
  • [SPUDX]

If 3.5k is your total battle count, you are doing remarkable well and should be able to hit 60 WR as you learn more and more about this game.

I looked quickly into your individual tank numbers and here is what I can suggest based on my personal experience of course:

- as you noticed yourself, your survival rate is low. You need to hold yourself. It is especially noticeable in your tanks that have no armour. 

- your T1 Heavy WR is lower than in KV-1 and T14. T1 heavy is a great tank, but is much less forgiving. And looking at your T29 WR that is also somewhat low, it suggests you may look into how to play effectively American heavies (use the gun depression). That will also help your T34 WR.

- M4/ E8/Chaffee/Tie Fighter stats suggest you need to look to improve how you play meds in the hill environment. Those tanks excels in ridge riding so you may want to watch some videos.  

Waffentrigger #10 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30815 battles
  • [SSVOA]
By no means am I a unicum, but I do tend to have 60%s in my tanks if I play reserved and avoid losing streaks. No matter how hard you try to carry, you just can't win. Teams do play a massive role in your win rate. I had a good winrate (62% overall) until I started to grind out for hours my stock tanks. Take your time. No point of trying to collect all the tanks if you're looking for a good WR.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users