Avatars: Pls. VOTE: Let WG know where you stand

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Avatars: Please vote and not just view, let WG know where you stand! (71 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you want to keep Avatars in the game?

1. Yes, I do like avatars (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. No, I don't like avatars (55 votes [76.39%])

Percentage of vote: 76.39%

3. I don't know (1 vote [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

Vote Hide poll

gastankstelle1 #41 Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 275 battles
  • [FCK]

I voted yes, but I could have voted no as well. This is not a yes/no problem!  The question is asked wrong. wotb needs to hire a psychologist, who knows some basic social things! they are skilled in how to ask questions and statistics. wotb and many players totally do not! there needs to be at least a 3.answer. like 'maybe' (or could I have checked both yes and no)?

I like avatars per se. same as we like personal pics in this forum (actually i don't).  But wotb makes just such an annoying fuzz about this, I like to barf. It tries to make big money of it in the future. in a very infantil way. Let us buy our avatars for cheap and be done with it. We don't want it for pseudo-"free" -we have to pay for it with boosters and credits already. nice trick. create an emergency, then we r happy to pay for removing it.? Are we?

.   Let us buy our avatars for cheap and be done with it.

Edited by gastankstelle1, 26 February 2019 - 12:18 AM.

Jerry_Montalvo #42 Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View Postgastankstelle1, on 26 February 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

I voted yes, but I could have voted no as well. This is not a yes/no problem!  The question is asked wrong. wotb needs to hire a psychologist, who knows some basic social things! they are skilled in how to ask questions and statistics. wotb and many players totally do not! there needs to be at least a 3.answer. like 'maybe' (or could I have checked both yes and no)?

I like avatars per se. same as we like personal pics in this forum (actually i don't).  But wotb makes just such an annoying fuzz about this, I like to barf. It tries to make big money of it in the future. in a very infantil way. Let us buy our avatars for cheap and be done with it. We don't want it for pseudo-"free" -we have to pay for it with boosters and credits already. nice trick. create an emergency, then we r happy to pay for removing it.? Are we?

.   Let us buy our avatars for cheap and be done with it. 

But it is a Yes or No, in this situation it isn't gray! It's black or white.. Simple, is it productive, Yes or No? If you vote Maybe or I don't know then the person probably need a head doctor (psychologist- chemical imbalance). Saying maybe or I don't know, is like being a little pregnant or the girl's belly is getting bigger (not from eating) I don't know what going. You have been here a very short time with under 100 battles, give it time dude you will change your mind.. Luck on the battlefield..

The M1 Garand is "The greatest battle implement ever devised" 

General George S. Patton

Jerry_Montalvo #43 Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

For those that don't like avatars you must boycott them to let WG they are useless to us. Let others know pass the word of power.. The more players do this the avatar will go the way of the Do-Do bird. 

Good luck on the battlefield

Edited by Jerry_Montalvo, 04 March 2019 - 02:46 PM.

General George S. Patton

Cal_trooper #44 Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 700 battles
  • [DWJG]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 17 January 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

With all the hate on avatars on the forums, you'd think that avatars were the embodiment of apocalypse or something. 

It's not that bad. 

Seriously, stop complaining about getting slightly less free stuff. 

Besides, Ribblestripe from WG said they're working on making custom avatars a thing.

u simply dont get it.

Thom_Bomb #45 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11976 battles
  • [ELIJA]

View PostAkadeadlytank, on 17 January 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

does that mean we wold have to upload a image or somthing from a external  thing?

Do you know anything about what they are up to?

I would love to do that. I draw almost all of my own art.

SpartacusDiablo #46 Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:24 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20178 battles
  • [III]
I'm  sorry that the the free stuff that you get from the free crates in this free game isn't the free stuff that you wanted.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Jerry_Montalvo #47 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 March 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm sorry that the the free stuff that you get from the free crates in this free game isn't the free stuff that you wanted.

Good morning Tankers, dude the free stuff that we were getting was useful (very productive), but these F--King Avatars are useless (being logical)! I know it's WG's game and control, but if you don't voice your opinion and WG doesn't listen they will lose customers. Face it, it's the older players that buy the tanks, the gold, the credits, etc., etc.. Out of 2 accounts this morning I received 4 avatars, so I lost figuratively 3 common containers and 1 big container (each common container costs 65000 credits + 300 gold for the big container) do the math. If we didn't voice our opinion we would still be stuck with the crap Spare Parts!! To all "Luck on the battlefield"..

Edited by Jerry_Montalvo, 14 March 2019 - 01:41 PM.

General George S. Patton

SpartacusDiablo #48 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 20178 battles
  • [III]
A.  Don't buy the containers for gold.  It's a bad move with or without avatars.

B.  It's still free stuff from a free crate (seriously don't use gold to buy crates) in a free to play game.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Jerry_Montalvo #49 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

A. Don't buy the containers for gold. It's a bad move with or without avatars.

B. It's still free stuff from a free crate (seriously don't use gold to buy crates) in a free to play game.

I got that, older players don't and the newer players shouldn't and the older players should tell the newer player not to and show them the way to become better players. I keep recommending to new players to go to YouTube and watch some of the vids they have on WOT Blitz. At least they would have some kind of idea.. Too bad that some older players criticize and be-little the new players instead of showing them.. I'm not saying you are one, just putting it out there.. "Keep your powder dry, your gun locked and loaded, aim true, always"..

General George S. Patton

jmontalvom1 #50 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16220 battles
  • [-VA-]
WG are you guys hurting that bad in which you force the avatars on us to save yourself from giving us booster and credits.. Maybe then you should take them away, but you'll be hurting the new players and you need the new player to keep you going on to spend the money hopefully on the game and not on some crazy video on YouTube (MMA fighter).

"We will never surrender; We will fight on the beaches; We will fight on the landing grounds; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER"!!! 

Winston Churchill

acrisis #51 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]

spamming the forum typing in red font

bumping some threads needlessly

creating alt accounts to bypass moderation

creating signature with 10 miles of the same message 

Really? 

That only ensures that valid feedback just gets tossed aside. 

Please grow up. 

(+) Be Positive  (+)       (-) Not Negative (-)  

Blitz Community Coalition
 |  Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

Jerry_Montalvo #52 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View PostJerry_Montalvo, on 22 February 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Use of Red is for Moderators only...

Really where is that written? And if this is so, then why has it not been blocked so the normal player base could not use THE RED!!

General George S. Patton

Dan_Deerso #53 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 23961 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostJerry_Montalvo, on 14 March 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Really where is that written? And if this is so, then why has it not been blocked so the normal player base could not use THE RED!!

Section 4.3 of the forum rules you didn't read, and probably because of a technical limitation.

acrisis #54 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostJerry_Montalvo, on 14 March 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Really?  You never looked through the forum rules? 

4. FORUM ADMINISTRATION and MODERATION

Spoiler 

Which is linked in every forum section and something we all agree to, when we join one of WG's forums. 

Technical limitations on phpbb forums etc don't allow to limit color use, at least not easily, and it would likely involve stripping out all font options for everybody. So, it is simply a written rule. 

Jerry_Montalvo #55 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View Postacrisis, on 15 March 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Really?  You never looked through the forum rules? 

4. FORUM ADMINISTRATION and MODERATION

Spoiler 

Which is linked in every forum section and something we all agree to, when we join one of WG's forums. 

Technical limitations on phpbb forums etc don't allow to limit color use, at least not easily, and it would likely involve stripping out all font options for everybody. So, it is simply a written rule. 

Roger that!!!

General George S. Patton

Jerry_Montalvo #56 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View Postacrisis, on 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

spamming the forum typing in red font

bumping some threads needlessly

creating alt accounts to bypass moderation

creating signature with 10 miles of the same message 

Really? 

That only ensures that valid feedback just gets tossed aside. 

Please grow up. 

OK my bad on the red, but bumping other threads which are in the forum anyway (I don't delete them), but it goes to show you that threads come along they get moved down the list and forgotten. WG very seldom gives feedbacks

on threads posted unless it hit the HOT topic which this one did and now it gets noticed and it gets picks apart about the little things like bumping threads, alt accounts to get pass moderators. Why don't you address the real issue here and address the avatar issue whether you like them or not. But I finally got some attention on the matter. I appreciate your comments (Freedom of speech) and I learn along the way.. "Luck on the battlefield"..

General George S. Patton

TigerBludt515 #57 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

Jagd mich nicht!!

• Players
  • 55330 battles
  • [D_1]
I say dump the avatars- who is going to want to open a container for 65k credits or 300 gold if they have it or 600 gold for a chance to win not 1 but 2 avatars at once? Then they’re only temporary. Opened common containers and 1 avatar each time first 2 common containers back to back. 3rd Common container 3x common credit booster.
Then here’s another one- Cost you you 65k credits but win only 60k credits from the common container..? This needs to be changed as well. Does this mean that you actually lose -5k credits? According to credit balances after checking ... yes it does.
Avatars earned in rating battles means nothing just like rating battles mean nothing. Another wallet fest or doctored up bot team to wreck a carrying ability. Then get an avatar for a rating... blah blah blah. Long ques - short battles- fast losses... make a tin foil hat comment and I’ll explain where the tip of one is and how it’s prepared to be placed... don’t.!

TigerBludt515 #58 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

Jagd mich nicht!!

• Players
  • 55330 battles
  • [D_1]
I say dump the avatars- who is going to want to open a container for 65k credits or 300 gold if they have it or 600 gold for a chance to win not 1 but 2 avatars at once? Then they’re only temporary. Opened common containers and 1 avatar each time first 2 common containers back to back. 3rd Common container 3x common credit booster.
Then here’s another one- Cost you you 65k credits but win only 60k credits from the common container..? This needs to be changed as well. Does this mean that you actually lose -5k credits? According to credit balances after checking ... yes it does.
Avatars earned in rating battles means nothing just like rating battles mean nothing. Another wallet fest or doctored up bot team to wreck a carrying ability. Then get an avatar for a rating... blah blah blah. Long ques - short battles- fast losses... make a tin foil hat comment and I’ll explain where the tip of one is and how it’s prepared to be placed... don’t.!

acrisis #59 Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20273 battles
  • [III-X]

The best way to give feedback to WG - at this time (things used to be different) - is via the Official Threads that get created per update in "Update Center" http://forum.wotblit...-update-center/ , via social media (FB, twitter) and maybe via app store reviews. 

I totally hear you when it comes to threads getting bumped down the list, people creating 6-12-24-... duplicate threads on the same thing even though there may already be three to six threads on it from that day ticks me off too ... anyhow, there is value in bring a good existing thread to the front again ... but repeated bumping as sometimes done, on a poor thread and/or subject matter which WG already has said they'll not change their mind, then spamming the same message 100 times as was being done, only makes the mods more alert.  

Jerry_Montalvo #60 Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18212 battles
  • [STAT]

View Postacrisis, on 16 March 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

The best way to give feedback to WG - at this time (things used to be different) - is via the Official Threads that get created per update in "Update Center" http://forum.wotblit...-update-center/ , via social media (FB, twitter) and maybe via app store reviews. 

I totally hear you when it comes to threads getting bumped down the list, people creating 6-12-24-... duplicate threads on the same thing even though there may already be three to six threads on it from that day ticks me off too ... anyhow, there is value in bring a good existing thread to the front again ... but repeated bumping as sometimes done, on a poor thread and/or subject matter which WG already has said they'll not change their mind, then spamming the same message 100 times as was being done, only makes the mods more alert.  

Thank you for the advice.. Take care on the battlefield..

General George S. Patton

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users