Jump to content


Nashorn is the Trashorn (Ps Buff long 88)


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Luckyluchs777 #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9823 battles
  • 156
  • [MOD42]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2016
The tank has no armor, it has no camo, the maps are too small, there are no sniping areas anymore, lights and meds dominate by just going hull down and Cod-ing this tank, and to top it off, the long 88 misses every other shot. Its a shame that the long 88 is such a bad gun in this game when in real life and in war thunder, its not only very powerful but intimidating as well. Trashorn definitely needs another on the move accuracy buff to deal with the meta so it doesn't miss like 99% of its shots. Like jeesus christ, irl it took out a Pershing and crippled it for good yet in this game, it can't even hurt a stuart? Pls buff wg
Once was #108 in the T-34-1 NA

theFANTASTICfox #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

    DRINK!

  • Players
  • 21319 battles
  • 1,253
  • [DD-R]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
There is this great thing called free xp. I'd recommend using it right about now ;)

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

 

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist


Triode757 #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:50 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13244 battles
  • 1,156
  • [XWING]
  • Member since:
    04-18-2017

It's perfectly fine how it is.

Sit in a bush til everything is low health, then go headless medium mode and kill what's left.

 



Luckyluchs777 #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9823 battles
  • 156
  • [MOD42]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2016

View PostTriode757, on 20 January 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

It's perfectly fine how it is.

Sit in a bush til everything is low health, then go headless medium mode and kill what's left.

 

 

Lol, gl finding a bush on himmelsdorf. Plus, I can't get any shots if I sit in a bush, because either 1, I get spotted when I fire, even though I only see the outline of the tank, or 2, I can't get any shots because the enemies aren't pushing in. Plus, the long 88 misses many shots for crying out loud..
Once was #108 in the T-34-1 NA

Morphman11 #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
Not being able to hit anything with a base dispersion of .307 in YOU problem not the tank problem.

ThunderStruck_2015 #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 68459 battles
  • 8
  • [T-T-T]
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015
I love the Nashorn. You just need to learn to play a TD. Maybe try watching some Videos. Try Bushka, Sk8xtrm, Meadsy69

richdubz #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14626 battles
  • 721
  • [SEMPF]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 19 January 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

There is this great thing called free xp. I'd recommend using it right about now ;)

 

OP has over 200 battles in the tank.  Crew skills and grinding are not the issue.

 

OP, agree with the watching the video advice.  This is a sit on the fringe of battle and hope you don’t get spotted kind of tank, but it has plenty of good qualities such as accuracy and pen, and it has a serviceable -8 degrees gun depression.  I only recently started playing it, and the videos were super helpful, as I’d not played this type of no-armor TD before.


Edited by richdubz, 20 January 2019 - 11:59 AM.

 


tedg5 #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 45257 battles
  • 4,456
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
If your missing consistently with the Nashorn gun then your doing something wrong. Kemp bush, wait for gun to fully aim, shoot, move to new location. :bush:

Vater_Von_Tom #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24019 battles
  • 869
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
One of the big problems with any TD like the Nashorn is the player base. Lightly armored TDs are team dependent. A lack of spotting tanks, team mates clustered in one bush or yoloying so far ahead of you you have no targets and you soon get to fight the Red team pretty much on your own with predictable results.


cheesehead247365 #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10290 battles
  • 785
  • [-EZ-]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2015
The Nashorn is awesome, it must be you 

Triode757 #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13244 battles
  • 1,156
  • [XWING]
  • Member since:
    04-18-2017

Himmelsdorf is just aids.

You will not have consistent success on that map with a paper TD.



richdubz #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14626 battles
  • 721
  • [SEMPF]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostTriode757, on 20 January 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Himmelsdorf is just aids.

You will not have consistent success on that map with a paper TD.

 

True, there are maps like Himmelsdorf that are deadly for a low armor TD—Lost Temple would be another I used to hate to see.  That’s why I went into Settings, and I changed my Paper Armor TD settings, so that I get only Dead Rail and Canal when I play a TD like the Nashorn or St. Emile.  Updating those settings has been a huge help to me—almost as much as turning off the Low Tier switch.  I hated it when I used to have to just deal with the ups and downs of the game.  Now I only play the ups!  I suggest the OP go into his Game Settings and do the same.

Edited by richdubz, 20 January 2019 - 06:12 PM.

 


Luckyluchs777 #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9823 battles
  • 156
  • [MOD42]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2016

View PostMorphman11, on 20 January 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Not being able to hit anything with a base dispersion of .307 in YOU problem not the tank problem.

 

Base dispersion is .307? I thought it was 0.614 xD

 

Its not the dispersion that's the issue. Its the bloom on traverse mate. U, me, and the rest of the forumers know that this game is about making quick shots and then going back into cover. That bloom on traverse just kills the tank's gun. Its not bad on Tiger 1, Tiger P, and Panther 2 cuz they have turrets. Nashorn doesn't have a turret and when you turn the tank to get a shot, that bloom just kills u...


Once was #108 in the T-34-1 NA

tedg5 #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:13 AM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 45257 battles
  • 4,456
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostLuckyluchs777, on 21 January 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

 

Base dispersion is .307? I thought it was 0.614 xD

 

Its not the dispersion that's the issue. Its the bloom on traverse mate. U, me, and the rest of the forumers know that this game is about making quick shots and then going back into cover. That bloom on traverse just kills the tank's gun. Its not bad on Tiger 1, Tiger P, and Panther 2 cuz they have turrets. Nashorn doesn't have a turret and when you turn the tank to get a shot, that bloom just kills u...

TDs like Nash are not good at “quick shot”, again you need to adjust your play style. Kemp Bush at back. :bush:



BoomBoyGT #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:32 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 337 battles
  • 131
  • Member since:
    10-14-2016

View PostLuckyluchs777, on 20 January 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

The tank has no armor, it has no camo, the maps are too small, there are no sniping areas anymore, lights and meds dominate by just going hull down and Cod-ing this tank, and to top it off, the long 88 misses every other shot. Its a shame that the long 88 is such a bad gun in this game when in real life and in war thunder, its not only very powerful but intimidating as well. Trashorn definitely needs another on the move accuracy buff to deal with the meta so it doesn't miss like 99% of its shots. Like jeesus christ, irl it took out a Pershing and crippled it for good yet in this game, it can't even hurt a stuart? Pls buff wg

 

Uh huh... It's intimidating when it's not constantly getting uptiered.

 

Oops. Gaijin at its finest.



xiaoding400 #16 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:06 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 15203 battles
  • 14
  • [OTLR]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

"That’s why I went into Settings, and I changed my Paper Armor TD settings, so that I get only Dead Rail and Canal when I play a TD like the Nashorn or St. Emile. "

 

What on Earth are you talking about?



Luckyluchs777 #17 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9823 battles
  • 156
  • [MOD42]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2016

View Posttedg5, on 21 January 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

TDs like Nash are not good at “quick shot”, again you need to adjust your play style. Kemp Bush at back. :bush:

 

What a shame WG made it impossible to kemp bush from the back. Guess you're going to have to wait for your whole team to die to get ANY shots in or move up to the front-line where everything is taking place. Shows you how bad tank destroyers with low alpha, no armor, and no turrets are. 
Once was #108 in the T-34-1 NA

Luckyluchs777 #18 Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9823 battles
  • 156
  • [MOD42]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2016

Woo Hoo, got the Nashorn mastery badge. 

Thing is, I got it only hiding behind two tier 7 heavies, showing that the Nashorn is super, if not completely team dependent...


Once was #108 in the T-34-1 NA

TheAlaskanbattlecruiser #19 Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 3203 battles
  • 2
  • [6THSS]
  • Member since:
    10-23-2016
Well in my experiences I've learned a bold quote called "It's not the tank it's the player" sorry you haven't been able to understand it.

MSGTGlitterGlue #20 Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11741 battles
  • 116
  • [CHEF]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View PostLuckyluchs777, on 25 January 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

Woo Hoo, got the Nashorn mastery badge. 

Thing is, I got it only hiding behind two tier 7 heavies, showing that the Nashorn is super, if not completely team dependent...

 

ALL the tanks in that line are team dependent. I thought the Nashorn was great when I was going through the line. Got 4 kills in a tier 8 match with the stock gun. Then I later got the ace with the upgraded modules quite easily. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users