• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

gamer_60 #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2971 battles
  • [AWING]

Hi guys,

I'm literally struggling in this thing. Got the 152 already but with a 77% crew and one row of equipment. I high key can't hit anything but tracks. Yes, I understand its a derp gun but I feel my kv2 is more accurate than this sheesh. I don't get what I'm doing wrong besides everything. I have watched videos and stuff but its just too inconsistent for me rn. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by gamer_60, 21 January 2019 - 05:37 AM.

It's almost always 1 v 13

j0nn0 #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:13 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16971 battles
  • [XREGZ]

Okay, can't get much a trend from the few games youve played in it so far, so I'll give more of a general guidelines to playing the t49. If you want some replays, lemme know and I'll get some replays for you to watch later tonight or tomorrow.

First and foremost, get the GLD from the 2nd row equips, if not the tier 3 equip... The name escapes me at the moment. The other tier 2 equip, the engine, helps you accelerate and get moving faster so I strongly suggest that one, too. 

The main points of this tank are its mobility and gun so any advantage you can eek out of the two stats you can, the better off you'll be. I personally go for equips to buff the penetration and aim time as my priority. The higher chance of penetrating and hitting can make a big difference between a piddling 150 splash vs a 900 full roll. 

Play style is more of a hit and run ambusher. If you can guarantee a good shot or even just very good chances of one, take it then bail towards hardcover. Timing is important so make yiur shots count.

The only defenses it has are its mobility and gun so its best to know when to stop and aim or just get the hell out of dodge. A key point here is knowing when to use HEAT or HE. HEAT is sorta useful, but only for steady damage if you know what tanks to hit and where to hit them while HE can highroll if you get the right targets or deal a range of splash damage depending on what you hit.  Your best bet is to bully lights, paper TDs, and rear armor.

Anyways, if you want something more specific, just ask. Ive got some t49 games on WoT inspector if you want to watch, but keep in mind that they're old and wont replay with the ingame viewer. 

https://replays.woti...h=18209#filters

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

gamer_60 #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2971 battles
  • [AWING]

View Postj0nn0, on 20 January 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

Okay, can't get much a trend from the few games youve played in it so far, so I'll give more of a general guidelines to playing the t49. If you want some replays, lemme know and I'll get some replays for you to watch later tonight or tomorrow.

First and foremost, get the GLD from the 2nd row equips, if not the tier 3 equip... The name escapes me at the moment. The other tier 2 equip, the engine, helps you accelerate and get moving faster so I strongly suggest that one, too. 

The main points of this tank are its mobility and gun so any advantage you can eek out of the two stats you can, the better off you'll be. I personally go for equips to buff the penetration and aim time as my priority. The higher chance of penetrating and hitting can make a big difference between a piddling 150 splash vs a 900 full roll. 

Play style is more of a hit and run ambusher. If you can guarantee a good shot or even just very good chances of one, take it then bail towards hardcover. Timing is important so make yiur shots count.

The only defenses it has are its mobility and gun so its best to know when to stop and aim or just get the hell out of dodge. A key point here is knowing when to use HEAT or HE. HEAT is sorta useful, but only for steady damage if you know what tanks to hit and where to hit them while HE can highroll if you get the right targets or deal a range of splash damage depending on what you hit.  Your best bet is to bully lights, paper TDs, and rear armor.

Anyways, if you want something more specific, just ask. Ive got some t49 games on WoT inspector if you want to watch, but keep in mind that they're old and wont replay with the ingame viewer. 

https://replays.woti...h=18209#filters

Thanks for the reply. I got the GLD I think but the biggest problem is the crew which I am working on. I think I am trying to hard to play it like a traditional light or medium. I did have 1 or 2 good games but that was when I was peek-a-boo sniping the enemies. Also, rammer or CS?

j0nn0 #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16971 battles
  • [XREGZ]
Calibrated shells. It ups your penetration and overall shot reliability. What use is marginally higher potential dpm/rpm if you can't sink any of them properly?

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Marlajane11 #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55923 battles
One of the best ways that improved my T49 was to learn which tanks your HE can comfortably penetrate and where exactly. For example, the back of an AT 15, any version of it, is easy to pen with HE. I once set one on fire that way an the ammo rack cooked off. Was glorious! Other examples include the side of any panther tank hull just below dead center turret or the sides of any T28 or the butt end of any American heavy. You want to memorize these so that you can quickly react to opportunities to hit those high rolls. Those game changing high rolls is what makes the tank fun, much like a KV-2 or a 183, but you got fast wheels. Use those wheels to get the big shots and then RUN for cover. Rinse and repeat until the reds use global chat to beg for mercy. Also keep in mind that the T49 need to be used in tandem with other tanks. The T49 needs the red tanks to be distracted with the green tanks to work. Don’t be a loner.

Edited by Marlajane11, 21 January 2019 - 08:33 AM.

minitel_NA #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

You need the first of all three rows of equipments.

your crew will kill u until you get to at least 85-90

You can’t spot anything with bad camo and bad viewrange die to bad crew.

so my advice is to hide while progressing in proximity to your team, until one red is found isolated.

Every time one of your teammates  is 1v1, slip into their back and shoot that red.

you need to be 2 meters away approximately. More than that and u may still miss.

closer and u can blow yourself up with HE.

Also it takes some practice to blow things passing by in their back at near contact without stopping, without missing,  shooting too early or too late. You may stop to aim but that exposes u to some fire. T49 is everyone’s favorite target.

my trick here is to rotate your turret BEFORE approaching target, so when you drive by u can just blow things.

this is due to something else u neeed to knowl

driving enlarges ur dispersion. But the worst for ur dispersion is turret traverse, so traversing the turret in advance is always a good idea. For exemple, before getting out of cover, etc...

My last advice is each time you struggled on a map, take 5 minutes and go to www.wotinspector.com and search replays with T49 and this same map. Then Watch a couple of random replays, or replays from good players, or maybe sort them by assisted damage or something. It might give you tips on where to go, when to attack or run away, how to approach each different types of targets. 

Im sure it will be inspirational.

Good luck.

good luck.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 49546 battles
  • [RNSF]
i'd honestly recommend using a smaller gun until you get your crew% into the 90s, if not waiting until it's at 100%... the derp is just too derpy to deal with an incomplete crew.

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

boppinbobby #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47449 battles
  • [HJG2]

Use both provisions to simulate another 13% crew skills. 

I grind all my tanks like that 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

superfly29erguy_1 #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24426 battles
  • [-H-X-]

Never sit still unless you are far enough away from reds to reset camo and never go alone or you will get smoked quick. Switch between HEAT AND HE HE, depending on tank. Can be a feast or famine tank for sure. This morning did a 4854 mastery with 5 kills...and a loss. It has become my favorite tank, but can be frustrating if you aren’t careful.

if you can skirt around and hit the rear, that’s your best bet, but definitely use a combination of the two shells.

Edited by superfly29erguy_1, 21 January 2019 - 05:04 PM.

gamer_60 #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2971 battles
  • [AWING]
Thanks for all the advice guys. I found I started playing better when I realized that I need to fire more HE instead of only heat. Also realized I need to play slower so I don't just yolo to death. I ammoracked a type 62 yesterday so I think I'm starting to get how to play. Ammo choice and using camo properly seem to be very important for this tank.

Dadinator72 #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Stanky Tanky

• Players
  • 33023 battles
  • [RAIN1]

HEAT is so troll that it’s almost useless.  I’m not saying don’t use HEAT, but I mostly use HE unless I’m certain that the HEAT will 100% pen and the HE won’t.  You will need to use a lot of HE so don’t plan on ever making credits with this tank.  I use HE a lot to splash enemies from the front.  If they’re distracted or you have your camo reset you can keep splashing them and wear them down.  I’ve got a ton of master vids on the “wotb pure blitz na server” fb page if you’re willing to dig through them.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dadinator72/tank/18209

Edited by Dadinator72, 21 January 2019 - 07:20 PM.

minitel_NA #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postgamer_60, on 21 January 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Thanks for all the advice guys. I found I started playing better when I realized that I need to fire more HE instead of only heat. Also realized I need to play slower so I don't just yolo to death. I ammoracked a type 62 yesterday so I think I'm starting to get how to play. Ammo choice and using camo properly seem to be very important for this tank.

indeed camo is the most important thing really.

becuase anytime they know ur location they will target you, or even hunt u down.

so u need to make sure you have disappeared. Prepare, plan!  the next attack, and come unexpected and unload the maximum damage, then disappear again.

pop in / disappear is really the key. Then is making tpsure the damage is delivered.

as mentionner above, HE is your best bet. HEAT only works in a few situations, like German flat sides at 90° angle. 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

AdderaII #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13049 battles
  • [OGRE]

I have found non-sniper aiming to be faster and more accurate than sniper zoom aiming. 

I use the T49 to scout and stay concealed until an American heavy or Amarican TD shows up on my screen. Then I zoom in on it and shoot it in the a ss for 900 damage (cause they usually catch fire) and then zoom out again (while never stopping). 

Edited by AdderaII, 21 January 2019 - 10:42 PM.

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users