• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

__Frostbite #1 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24671 battles
  • [-0]

Hey guys,

I'd like to suggest a new gamemode called Hardcore. Yes, it's not a very serious thread. 

My rules for Hardcore would be 

- removal of penetration RNG (now that -5/+5% is going in in 6.0, that should work fine)

- alpha is multiplied by 1.5x

- reload is decreased by 50%

- no platooning

- no in-game hitskin

- same tier only

- no minimap

- no impact on stats, or create separate tab for Hardcore stats 

- no premium ammo only 1/4 of your ammo loadout can be premium shells

- consumables may only be used once (thanks cheasesteak for the idea)

And of course...

-spotting would be removed entirely. no tank labels or options to see through walls or anything. Visibility would be entirely up the player. This means instant "camo reset" but doesn't reward camping. 

In exchange for playing this treacherous gamemode, players would receive credit bonuses so that losing credits would never be an issue. Perhaps some xp bonuses as well.

This isn't really a joke thread but I don't expect anything like this to be implemented. I figured, why not throw up a thread here, it's kinda slow today.

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 04 May 2019 - 06:36 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blartch #2 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60911 battles
  • [SPUD]

I fully endorse this... except there WOULD be premium ammo (tanks carry sabot and HEAT mix for a reason), reloads would be reduced BUT would lengthen after sustained periods of firing, and firing and driving would leave lingering clouds of smoke/exhaust (more/less depending on weapon or engine).

Oh, and all cartoon fantasy tanks would immediately explode and grievously wound their drivers in real life.

__The_Dude_30__ #3 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21573 battles
  • [CRU2L]
This would be lit. I think, when you shoot a tank, the HP bar should appear and show how much HP you took off the tank, and then disappear after about 5 seconds. This would require you to memorize HP values at times and you would have to be extra cautious if you wanted to push.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Vantablack12 #4 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 12162 battles
  • [K9]
that would be an insane gamemode, but i don't think WG is going to agree with you.
"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

Fu_Manchu_ #5 Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Sounds like fun. I would definitely play that.

I don't mind RNG for damage (it wouldn't make sense for every shot to do the exact same amount of damage) and I think RNG absolutely belongs for aiming, but I think there is a reasonable argument to be made for removing penetration RNG (although you could also use the same logic I used to support damage RNG).

AKA HanYolo_.

OKA_BOCTOKA #6 Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15925 battles

Your proposed game mode has elements of more realism (to some extent obviously). I like the idea.

Add that to what Blarcht is saying and its perfect

Edited by OKA_BOCTOKA, 29 January 2019 - 08:39 PM.

В бой!

cheasesteak #7 Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20225 battles
  • [COD-R]
Double the gun Alpha.

Add no repair kits and first aid kits. 

Premium ammo should be permitted (it did exist, and for a reason), but limit it to a very small number of rounds 2-4 depending on the gun caliber.  Or alternatively, maybe make it a consumable, like adrenalin to limit the ability to spam it. 

On penetration, I'd keep RNG.  Real life, random happened.  Armor quality wasn't always uniform, especially for Soviet and late war German tanks.  Similar with shell quality at different times.

... and Epstein didn’t kill himself

What__why_ #8 Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 49478 battles
  • [STORM]
Removing the minimap and spotting mechanics would lead to a great deal of camping.

RommelTanker #9 Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 29 January 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hey guys,

Let's get the news out of the way. 

On the official Blitz discord server, there's a current discussion going on about penetration RNG and whether it should be removed. Join in on the discussion by clicking on the link and leave your vote in #surveys channel. https://discord.gg/sR2X6Hp Make sure to read keep ontopic and 

Now back onto my rambling thoughts. 

I'd like to suggest a new gamemode called Hardcore. Yes, it's not a very serious thread. 

My rules for Hardcore would be 

- removal of penetration RNG

- alpha is multiplied by 1.5x

- reload is decreased by 50%

- no platooning

- no in-game hitskin

- no platooning

- same tier only

- no minimap

- no impact on stats, or create separate tab for Hardcore stats 

- no premium ammo

And of course...

-spotting would be removed entirely. no tank labels or options to see through walls or anything. Visibility would be entirely up the player. This means instant "camo reset" but doesn't reward camping. 

In exchange for playing this treacherous gamemode, players would receive credit bonuses so that losing credits would never be an issue. Perhaps some xp bonuses as well.

This isn't really a joke thread but I don't expect anything like this to be implemented. I figured, why not throw up a thread here, it's kinda slow today.

Play War Thunder.

Essentially what you've described is a variation of War Thunder's tried and true Realistic Battles mode, in which these features, which are normally present in Arcade, are removed:

• Over-The-Head Markers: Spotted vehicles are NOT displayed with the typical marker that lists, range, vehicle type, and player name. Instead, they are indicated with a double chevron that flashes Red-Yellow, and only indicates rough position, and not true position (rough position has an error margin of about 50 meters, give or take.)
  • Penetration Indicator: Your normal penetration indicator (which in War Thunder also acts as your shell drop marker) is replaced instead with a marker on screen that shows you what direction your gun is aiming. Shell drop must be corrected by the player, and your point of aim is dependent on this as well.

The variations to Realistic start here:

• Minimap is removed. Your situational awareness is severely limited, to the point that you either have to rely on spinning your camera every 30 to 40 seconds to see what's going on.
  • Penetration RNG is removed: I don't agree with this factor. It limits the potential for skill, and considering that it was nerfed from 25% variation to 15%, I don't think it needs to be further changed.
  • Reload is decreased by 50%. THIS REQUIRES BETTER WORDING. Reduced by 50% HOW? Your reloading speed is reduced by 50%, meaning a tank with a usually 4.8sec long reload now has a 9.6sec long reload? Or your reloading time is reduced by 50%, giving your 4.8sec reload tank a 2.4sec reload instead? I'm going to assume it's the former for the sake of balance.
  • Alpha multiplied by 1.5x. A 50% increase in alpha but 50% decrease in reload does not mean the same DPM. In fact, if I remember correctly, in order to achieve the same DPM the reload reduction would actually have to be between 25% to 40% depending on the tank instead of 50%. Using the Type 62 as an example, it has 2500 DPM with its current stats, but a 300 alpha shell and 9.6sec reload results in its DPM actually being 1875. That's a MASSIVE DROP. But I get what you want out of it. More emphasis on proper camo and armor use.
  • No prammo. YES PLEASE. 'NUFF SAID.
  • No platooning. Again I personally don't agree with this, partially because if you're going for a more historical realism feel here, tanks in a division would always communicate by radio between other members of their platoon (that platoon consisting of 5 vehicles iirc).

All that being out of the way, I think this would be a pretty neato mode with the proper tweaks and balancing.

And no, I don't think penetration RNG should be removed. It affects people far less than they realize, and it's no where near as game breaking as alpha RNG.

Something something insert joke here

RommelTanker #10 Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostWhat__why_, on 29 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Removing the minimap and spotting mechanics would lead to a great deal of camping.

If you play War Thunder Ground RB you'd know this isn't really the case. Because if it was, games would drag on for their full 45 minute match timer with neither side winning.

Camping in War Thunder Ground RB is solely limited to people who are either:

1. Watching a well used flanking route (see the map: Advance to The Rhine, and the western flanking route which takes players all the way from C cap to B cap, while outright avoiding the middle park section, and potential snipers in that area).
  2. Playing a lightly armored, highly accurate tank destroyer, like the ZiS-30, ASU-57, or other similar tanks with thin armor and relatively easily concealed profiles and powerful cannons.

As for spotting mechanics, there would have to be 2 fixes for it. Wargaming either adds more definable engine sounds to vehicles (like in War Thunder) or alternatively, they add the double chevron above a vehicle within 15 meters of its actual position (but never its true position [like in War Thunder]).

__Frostbite #11 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24671 battles
  • [-0]

View PostRommelTanker, on 29 January 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Play War Thunder.

Essentially what you've described is a variation of War Thunder's tried and true Realistic Battles mode, in which these features, which are normally present in Arcade, are removed:

• Over-The-Head Markers: Spotted vehicles are NOT displayed with the typical marker that lists, range, vehicle type, and player name. Instead, they are indicated with a double chevron that flashes Red-Yellow, and only indicates rough position, and not true position (rough position has an error margin of about 50 meters, give or take.)
  • Penetration Indicator: Your normal penetration indicator (which in War Thunder also acts as your shell drop marker) is replaced instead with a marker on screen that shows you what direction your gun is aiming. Shell drop must be corrected by the player, and your point of aim is dependent on this as well.

The variations to Realistic start here:

• Minimap is removed. Your situational awareness is severely limited, to the point that you either have to rely on spinning your camera every 30 to 40 seconds to see what's going on.
  • Penetration RNG is removed: I don't agree with this factor. It limits the potential for skill, and considering that it was nerfed from 25% variation to 15%, I don't think it needs to be further changed.
  • Reload is decreased by 50%. THIS REQUIRES BETTER WORDING. Reduced by 50% HOW? Your reloading speed is reduced by 50%, meaning a tank with a usually 4.8sec long reload now has a 9.6sec long reload? Or your reloading time is reduced by 50%, giving your 4.8sec reload tank a 2.4sec reload instead? I'm going to assume it's the former for the sake of balance.
  • Alpha multiplied by 1.5x. A 50% increase in alpha but 50% decrease in reload does not mean the same DPM. In fact, if I remember correctly, in order to achieve the same DPM the reload reduction would actually have to be between 25% to 40% depending on the tank instead of 50%. Using the Type 62 as an example, it has 2500 DPM with its current stats, but a 300 alpha shell and 9.6sec reload results in its DPM actually being 1875. That's a MASSIVE DROP. But I get what you want out of it. More emphasis on proper camo and armor use.
  • No prammo. YES PLEASE. 'NUFF SAID.
  • No platooning. Again I personally don't agree with this, partially because if you're going for a more historical realism feel here, tanks in a division would always communicate by radio between other members of their platoon (that platoon consisting of 5 vehicles iirc).

All that being out of the way, I think this would be a pretty neato mode with the proper tweaks and balancing.

And no, I don't think penetration RNG should be removed. It affects people far less than they realize, and it's no where near as game breaking as alpha RNG.

No

I get that Hardcore usually means more realism, but I mean the hard in hardcore. 

Concerning the reload, I should have specified "reload (s)". Why would I ask for reload speed to be doubled and the alpha to increase?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RommelTanker #12 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 29 January 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

No

I get that Hardcore usually means more realism, but I mean the hard in hardcore. 

Concerning the reload, I should have specified "reload (s)". Why would I ask for reload speed to be doubled and the alpha to increase?

I've been on other forums in the past where people have asked for stupid stuff like that, or alternatively asked for a reduction in reload speed but simply said "reduced reload by X%." It's not specific enough in terms of the English language because of how many ways "reduced" can be used. Hence why I asked xD.

Also, "hardcore" modes in games (CoD Hardcore, War Thunder Ground RB, and even Ground SB, modded Battlefield matches, etc) does not instantly mean there's an increase in the difficulty of the game. It just means the player has less elements of the HUD and typically usable equipment/items at their disposal.

If you wanted a true difficulty curve, you basically have to go and turn everything up to 11. And that's hard in a MOBA like WOT without turning it into cheap War Thunder Ground SB. Hence the comment for playing War Thunder instead lol.

__Frostbite #13 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24671 battles
  • [-0]

View PostWhat__why_, on 29 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

only unicums actually use their minimap and the spotting mechanics would make it so that you can be seen from any part of the map if you are not behind cover. this would prevent TD's from camping in the back where they rely on not getting spotting and sitting vulnerable out in the open. this would make it more dynamic for lights and meds to sneak around and flank.

Click me!

__Frostbite #14 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24671 battles
  • [-0]

View PostRommelTanker, on 29 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I've been on other forums in the past where people have asked for stupid stuff like that, or alternatively asked for a reduction in reload speed but simply said "reduced reload by X%." It's not specific enough in terms of the English language because of how many ways "reduced" can be used. Hence why I asked xD.

Also, "hardcore" modes in games (CoD Hardcore, War Thunder Ground RB, and even Ground SB, modded Battlefield matches, etc) does not instantly mean there's an increase in the difficulty of the game. It just means the player has less elements of the HUD and typically usable equipment/items at their disposal.

If you wanted a true difficulty curve, you basically have to go and turn everything up to 11. And that's hard in a MOBA like WOT without turning it into cheap War Thunder Ground SB. Hence the comment for playing War Thunder instead lol.

for CoD, health is reduced and sometimes you're not allowed to regen, or you regen at a slower rate. definitely harder to play in those aspects as you can't trade or rush as well, ya gotta be tactical and stuff.

Click me!

RommelTanker #15 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 29 January 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

for CoD, health is reduced and sometimes you're not allowed to regen, or you regen at a slower rate. definitely harder to play in those aspects as you can't trade or rush as well, ya gotta be tactical and stuff.

Or rush harder and camp in clip spots...

Just saying.

Immel_man #16 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58625 battles
  • [YODA_]

Without mini maps, hit skins and markers, how would we identify red tanks from green tanks in hardcore mode?

I forgot to add; I like where you’re going with this. 

Edited by Immel_man, 29 January 2019 - 11:31 PM.

Immel_man #17 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58625 battles
  • [YODA_]
what If there is a mini map, but only for actively spotted tanks? Like you said they’d disappear as soon as a green tank lost sight of a red.

GeneralBossman #18 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13432 battles
I like the idea, but I don't think removing the spotting mechanics would work with the small size of blitzes maps. Think of maps like Copperfield where you can see the enemies spawn a mere 200 ish meters from your own. Black Goldville has a lot of wide open spaces that give vision across most of the map. Maps would need to be seriously reworked to accommodate the increase in player vision.

RommelTanker #19 Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostGeneralBossman, on 29 January 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

I like the idea, but I don't think removing the spotting mechanics would work with the small size of blitzes maps. Think of maps like Copperfield where you can see the enemies spawn a mere 200 ish meters from your own. Black Goldville has a lot of wide open spaces that give vision across most of the map. Maps would need to be seriously reworked to accommodate the increase in player vision.

This guy has a point, and there's a reason why a lack of tank markers in WT RB works.

Maps in WT are huge (most are 5 square kilometers) and are covered with a massive amount of cover, including hills, mountains, and buildings. Most capture circles are flanked on sides by hard cover like burnt out train cars, buildings, or natural rock formations.

Blitz maps have NONE of these luxuries. Most maps are extremely flat in comparison, and capture points lack usable cover (I say usable because there IS cover, but a very minimal amount, only enough to allow protection to your tracks and maybe your UFP).

Long story short, no map markers in WOT but infinite spotting range = horrific gameplay on ultra flat WOT maps.

Edited by RommelTanker, 30 January 2019 - 02:05 AM.

tedg5 #20 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50381 battles
  • [AGOGO]
THe real problem of RNG for damage is the insanely low numbers possible, just cut off the looow end by maybe 20% and it’d be o.k.

Also tagged with discord, discussion, gamemode, maverick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users