• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

RommelTanker #21 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4356 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View Posttedg5, on 29 January 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

THe real problem of RNG for damage is the insanely low numbers possible, just cut off the looow end by maybe 20% and it’d be o.k.

I think Damage RNG is calculate using a bell curve, so a higher range of lower potentials is actually better because it means the curve is more likely to select the higher ranges of a low roll (say a 400 alpha gun; it can roll 300 or it can roll 500. if you reduced the RNG to 5% min then it would roll 380 damage CONSTANTLY because it's much close to the middle of the curve than 500.)

Edited by RommelTanker, 30 January 2019 - 03:34 AM.

Something something insert joke here

minitel_NA #22 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Hardcore was discussed a couple of times in the EU forums, but as never detailed as in the OP.

i get it means more challenging to play and not more realistic (whatever that means).

Pen

now after having watched many hundreds of shots from replays in armor inspector, i can tell 15% RNG isn’t what betrays your shots most of the times. Yo are far more likely to miss, hit an autobounce angles or plainly go into the red, than say go into 87% pen chances and fail (though it happens, it’s on the rarer side). So it’s not the gamble that people think it is. Plus as someone mentioned, Ammos are/were unreliable, armor wasn’t uniform, and weird things happen. It’s okay to let some surprise element. 

Prammo

Also I’m fine with removing the hitskin, but removing all histskin markers AND limiting prammo, makes that only the best pen guns will be played, removing a lot of tanks from the options. I’m satisfied with the prammo alpha nerf, why isn’t it good enough ? Also on quite a lot of tanks you chose between regular or premium ammo based on circumstances and not always on better pen value. HESH, HEAT, APCR, prammo spam isn’t always trying to overcome pen values, but sometimes to manage distance pen loss, increased alpha necessities, distance, spaced armor or soft cover, though distance pen fall isn’t played enough in the game IMO and should be increased.

Spotting

and the spotting I think needs some other solution altogether. 

Removal of the minimap is interesting, though I’m not 100% convinced yet.

the illimited spotting distance , if I understood correctly, is ridiculous, on many maps you can have a straight line of sight across the entire map. Or even from spawn to spawn. How would that improve the game ?

the instant camo reset is okay, but there simply isn’t enough cover on the maps, and they continuously removed it, for good gameplay reasons  as well as for device performances management.

the absence of teamsharing of the spotting and location ( or radio kill) doesn’t work. it will only increase camping, and not decrease it.  together with the illimited viewrange and the instant camoreset, plus the alpha hike, As mention, you can die at spawn in ,1s simply because some red guy aims faster. . Not sharing enemy position will also reduce teamplay a lot. It would make it even more like super unis farming off of 13 noobs in a series of duels, It’s a lot more like a battle royale or free for all mode, which could be fun but entirely different.

instead what I would like to have is gradual camo. Really the current sudden reveal and vanishing rarely makes sense, especially after having played the mad games, but the same is true for many events in regular games. Instead (except for situation fo popping in  from behind a house where sudden reveal is obvious) for distance spotting I propose something more like emerging from the fog : as you move closer things would appear with more and more details, starting transparent to more opaque, and from a flat grey (or whatever neutral color for the local area) and softened silouhette (simplified is better than blurry for device performance)  and then more and more transparent and you need to be closer and closer to see the details and get a clue which way the tank is facing or where the plates are. 

Of course the distance for the gradual reveal would be based on camo values, so say with respective viewrange and camo say enemies at 150m would see each other but one shooting and moving heavy tank would appear fully visible, while the other immobile with top camo rating  only appears as a barely visible shadow. this in turns means in some situation you may overlook his presence for a more visible target for exemple, and paying a lot more attention would be needed. 

On the downside it would need a complete mechanics and engine redo from WG so I’m not holding my breath here, just day dreaming. 

This together with the absence of HUD and the reload would make spamming lucky shots very punishing, and sniping would need to be much smarter, even with team sharing of enemy’s position: your shots will benefit a lot from being closer.

Credits /XP

i think both should be x1.5 though I can see a some category of noobs would drive in there just to get their rewards, like the old afkgrinders who would launch a battle and go for a sandwich in the meantime. If u cant deal more than one shot per game, might as well do it in hardcore mode.  

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

XoBlitzkriegoX #23 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36615 battles
  • [-POD-]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 29 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:I'd like to suggest a new gamemode called Hardcore. Yes, it's not a very serious thread. 

My rules for Hardcore would be 

- removal of penetration RNG - Great idea!

- alpha is multiplied by 1.5x - LOLWUT? The game would be overrun with TDs/183s. One or two shots would be rampant. Dumb idea. A 183 would high roll and kill a Maus or E-100 in a single shot.

- reload is decreased by 50% - WTFLOLWUT? Also a bad idea.

- no platooning - Needs to stay.

- no in-game hitskin - I like it.

- no platooning - Stop crying.

- same tier only - Meh, +1/-1 works ok but same tier is fine too.

- no minimap - Once people adjust, this won't matter as much anyways. Keep the map.

- no impact on stats, or create separate tab for Hardcore stats - Diff tab.

- no premium ammo only 1/4 of your ammo loadout can be premium shells - Everyone using prem is like no one using prem, moot point. Stop crying.

- consumables may only be used once (thanks cheasesteak for the idea) - You're lucky to use most consumables twice in a battle most times, leave it as is.

And of course...

-spotting would be removed entirely. no tank labels or options to see through walls or anything. Visibility would be entirely up the player. This means instant "camo reset" but doesn't reward camping. - You have to keep spotting in game as the maps are too small for "real" spotting. Keep it, but no tank outlines or spotting sounds. remove sixth sense as well. 

Edited by XoBlitzkriegoX, 30 January 2019 - 04:22 AM.

Absolute_Sniper #24 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37464 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Hardcore mode sounds nice and all but I want a free for all mode. 14 tanks enter, one tank leaves.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

minitel_NA #25 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 30 January 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Hardcore mode sounds nice and all but I want a free for all mode. 14 tanks enter, one tank leaves.

And how about time ? Map restriction like pubg ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Befallen2 #26 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22085 battles
  • [J2512]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 29 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Let's get the news out of the way. 

On the official Blitz discord server, there's a current discussion going on about penetration RNG and whether it should be removed. Join in on the discussion by clicking on the link and leave your vote in #surveys channel. https://discord.gg/sR2X6Hp Make sure to read keep ontopic and 

Now back onto my rambling thoughts. 

I'd like to suggest a new gamemode called Hardcore. Yes, it's not a very serious thread. 

My rules for Hardcore would be 

- removal of penetration RNG

- alpha is multiplied by 1.5x

- reload is decreased by 50%

- no platooning

- no in-game hitskin

- no platooning

- same tier only

- no minimap

- no impact on stats, or create separate tab for Hardcore stats 

- no premium ammo only 1/4 of your ammo loadout can be premium shells

- consumables may only be used once (thanks cheasesteak for the idea)

And of course...

-spotting would be removed entirely. no tank labels or options to see through walls or anything. Visibility would be entirely up the player. This means instant "camo reset" but doesn't reward camping. 

In exchange for playing this treacherous gamemode, players would receive credit bonuses so that losing credits would never be an issue. Perhaps some xp bonuses as well.

This isn't really a joke thread but I don't expect anything like this to be implemented. I figured, why not throw up a thread here, it's kinda slow today.

Friendly Fire should be on.

Also tagged with discord, discussion, gamemode, maverick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users