T18 Firepower Bar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RonaldusMaximus_ #1 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 22268 battles
  • [III-C]

Perhaps I am simply uneducated. But I have been operating under the assumption that the grey areas of the characteristics bar are there to indicate that upgrades,  equipment, modules and consumables in some cases can improve the listed values.  If I am incorrect please let me know what the grey areas are there to indicate.

The tier II T18 was my favorite tank before the great purge of 5.5, and is now a shadow of its former self. A fact that has bothered me to no end is the firepower bar has a shaded area suggesting that I can improve the gun by 1/3.

Blitzstars even has an option for APCR as an option (alas they have the incorrect gun listed)

Is it possible WG forgot to include APCR with the update? Will the T18 ever be competitive again? Is there something else I am completely overlooking?

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screenshot_20190207-141848_World of Tanks.jpg   53.11K

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 28142 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRonaldReagan, on 07 February 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Perhaps I am simply uneducated. But I have been operating under the assumption that the grey areas of the characteristics bar are there to indicate that upgrades,  equipment, modules and consumables in some cases can improve the listed values.  If I am incorrect please let me know what the grey areas are there to indicate.

The tier II T18 was my favorite tank before the great purge of 5.5, and is now a shadow of its former self. A fact that has bothered me to no end is the firepower bar has a shaded area suggesting that I can improve the gun by 1/3.

Blitzstars even has an option for APCR as an option (alas they have the incorrect gun listed)

Is it possible WG forgot to include APCR with the update? Will the T18 ever be competitive again? Is there something else I am completely overlooking?

The grey area is there to indicate that's all you get :)

In other words - ignore the grey -- heck, ignore those bars completely and you'll be no worse for the wear.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

aquaman10991 #3 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9374 battles
Sold my t18. Was once outrageously good and fav low low tier besides the tetrarch. Then the 5.5 thanos snap happened and it was nerfed into oblivion. I couldn’t pen anything with HE and heat didn’t have the same oof considering the reload. So I sold it for gold.

If there’s nothing faster than light, how’d the dark get there first?—Me

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

Dan_Deerso #4 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 33472 battles
  • [III]
The bars are absolutely useless on every single tank and should be outright removed.

_Vanitas #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

Wannabe unicum

• Players
  • 27437 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postaquaman10991, on 07 February 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Sold my t18. Was once outrageously good and fav low low tier besides the tetrarch. Then the 5.5 thanos snap happened and it was nerfed into oblivion. I couldn’t pen anything with HE and heat didn’t have the same oof considering the reload. So I sold it for gold.

do one more battle and ur at 6666

my crappy stats= here

aquaman10991 #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9374 battles
IKR! 

If there’s nothing faster than light, how’d the dark get there first?—Me

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the "liberating" kind.—Robert Fisk

outersketcher #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13482 battles

The T18 is now a "collectors" tank isn't it? That means.. its not even in the tech tree for the new players anymore. Keep it for nostalgia... if you have a soft spot in your heart for it..but chances are high that the T18 will eventually, disappear completely as folks like you and I move on to other games. Enjoy it while you have it. But it will never again be what it once was.

Accept it.. or sell it. Those are our options. 

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users