Disappointed in training rooms

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

cpcurly #1 Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

when I first heard about the training rooms I was excited and thought that they would be designed by war games to provide the players with the skills necessary to be successful in the game. I expected specific tutorials on specific skills like hull down, angling the tank to bounce shell, use of different amo, etc etc.   I was expecting specific scenarios were you would be able to keep practicing a skill until you were successful, you would start with one skill and you could not move on to the next skill until you were able to successfully complete the training for the skill. There are many games that provide training prior to allowing players to play, and  some games Evan have training throughout them as you progress through the levels, I know it would be an investment for war games, but it would improve player skills, and satisfaction. happier players translate into players who spend more and remain loyal customers. 

_SuicideKing_ #2 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8012 battles
  • [OGRE]

I remember people begging and crying for training rooms. They thought it would be the solution to all the bad players out there, but instead they're only used "animal practices".

I assume, if wargaming ever produces a proper training tutorial (that everybody is crying for now), it will end up being equally ignored and useless.

TheMainframe #3 Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10541 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
They could literally just ask some Wot Blitz YouTubers to make training videos for them to plug into the game interface. It wouldn't even be hard.

The current training rooms only help in training people that already know how to play.

I love the ones that need it most.

slayer_____ #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 39625 battles
  • [ATA2D]
Training rooms were a great addition to the game. They are utilized best for clan training and for friends to help one another out. Not sure what you’re missing?

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35501 battles
  • [CRU2L]
The “training” in training rooms has to be carried out by the players. Most don’t use them for practice but nothing is stopping you from using them that way. Grab some friends, jump in a room, and practice whatever you want. If you go in to an existing one and expect training, you will be disappointed. You also might get a date. That’s what most of them are used for sadly.

tedg5 #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48481 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Why doesn’t WG add some options for trading rooms where some bots run around and u can blast em at least, or similar training things. 

Absolute_Sniper #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35501 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Posttedg5, on 11 February 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Why doesn’t WG add some options for trading rooms where some bots run around and u can blast em at least, or similar training things. 

I’m guessing you haven’t played against WG bots yet. What they can teach people won’t help them do anything except sit still and get shot. If someone actually programmed decent bots it might work but probably not. I’m reminded of many shooting games like COD. You play the single player campaign against bots, think you’re  a legend, jump into multiplayer and get worked. 

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:54 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29219 battles
  • [SPUD]
It's essentially a sandbox mode for people to practice in. The point of it is for players to drive around and do whatever so that they don't affect pub games

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users