T20 advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

JEB_Stuarts_Ghost #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3397 battles
Hey, so been grinding to get enough points to upgrade from the M4A3E8.  I don't have a VII tank yet.  Getting close and doing some research on next tank in line, the T20.  Most don't seem to care for it.  So anyone have any thoughts here? Get the 20 and keep grinding for the Pershing?  Should I back out, get the Chaffee and explore that branch?

MudkipAtWar #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

die

• Players
  • 22481 battles

View PostJEB_Stuarts_Ghost, on 11 February 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hey, so been grinding to get enough points to upgrade from the M4A3E8.  I don't have a VII tank yet.  Getting close and doing some research on next tank in line, the T20.  Most don't seem to care for it.  So anyone have any thoughts here? Get the 20 and keep grinding for the Pershing?  Should I back out, get the Chaffee and explore that branch?

I would go for the chaffee but the t20 isnt bad, per se, just not exceptional.

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

bail_out_we_are_on_fire #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14921 battles
  • [WHC]

I just started the grind on the T20 yesterday. I remember it from my other account and thought it was more of slog. I aced it in the first  battle with the stock gun. I had used free experience to get the top gun and turret but forgot to mount the gun. Play it like all American mediums. Be patient. Use the gun depression. Pay attention to the map. I prefer the Comet but the T20 is the path to the Pershing. 

Total cost with all of the equipment open is about 3 Million. You would probably be alright with just 75 percent crew but this is the last tier to do that in my opinion. 

I would use as much free experience as possible to at least get the top turret and gun.The 90 MM has decent pen and alpha so I think load 24/12/12. 

For provisions i use improved fuel and double cokes. 

For consumables I load the protective kit, an extra repair kit and adrenaline. 

I run the gun rammer, defense system, and camo in the top row. Second row is enhance gun laying drive, improved assembly and improved control. Third row is vertical stabilizer, tool box, consumable delivery system.

Finally just go have some fun. It is a good tank just not a sexy looking tank. 

tanker070 #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:16 AM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 66680 battles
  • [-HMY-]

t20 is great tank to hone your higher tier skills in.  that being said... it does not let any mistake go unpunished. (made sense?)

Chafeee is super soft on its gun handling (i do have all crew skills done so it may differ)  chafee rewards support playstyle where you arent 1 v1ing but over powering already strong side.

Tier 8 wise Pershing is alot better than T69. and M48 line stays more consistent with the next tank up.  while t57 line requires more change of playstyle per tier on tank

lol its their work to make things fun but doing that rarely is what makes us appreciate devs oddly.

→_→ #tankerTalks

TheMainframe #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10659 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

I liked the T20. It moves well, has ok alpha, and has American gun depression. Gun handling is average, I'd say. What it doesn't have is armor.

This is a support tank. You shouldn't brawl in it. It loses in brawls against other tier VII mediums, like the Panther and Comet. Play like you have 1 hit point.

The tanks after the T20 will continue to lose speed and gain turret armor and view range. I have the Pershing researched, but I haven't bought it as I'm prioritizing other lines.

I love the ones that need it most.

JEB_Stuarts_Ghost #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:37 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3397 battles

Great info- thanks everyone.

cpudamaged #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 59046 battles
  • [DEF_6]
Use the great gun depression found in that line, it is one of the best things about the t20. It is hard to shoot a tank you can barely see. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users