Which line

Kv2 Kv3 Kv1s IS7 line IS4 line

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Kv3 or Kv1s line (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which line

1. Kv3 (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Kv1s (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Hide poll

John_Haefke #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3127 battles
  • [TACO_]
which line should I chose, I already have the kv2 and I’m lovin it, but I want to know if the tanks for the next few tiers up to tier 8 are worth it, all advice is welcome, pls no noob delete the game stuff, just trying to get better.

__The_Dude_30__ #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]
The ST-1 and IS-4 are both better than their counterparts, the IS-8 and IS-7. However, the KV-4 and KV-3 are worse than the IS and IS-3. I was grinding the IS-4 and the KV-4 was so bad that I couldn't take it anymore. I guess its up to you if you want to suffer during the grind for better high tier tanks or not. The IS-7 is a good beginner line, so if I had to pick one for you, it would be that one.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Hi John!

First off - welcome to the forums.   

Secondly -  On to your question.  KV1S or Kv3.

You already have the Kv2 - so there is no 'reason' that you need the KV1S.  You can go down the IS line or the KV line from the KV2.  Keep in mind that neither the IS or the KV3 should be driven like a KV2.   If you go down the KV line, it is my opinion that the  Kv3 and Kv4 have very similar play style, then you get to the ST-I, and it changes quite a bit as this Soviet heavy actually has gun depression.  

The IS line will also have similar play styles, pretty much all the way through the line - or at least that's how I play them - I suc tho.. so there.

If I were you, and I'm not, I'd go down the IS line - I think the IS-8 is one of the most fun tanks to drive.  It's quicker than most heavys, but still has a fair armor profile.  As like most soviet tanks, the gun is not the best  :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

John_Haefke #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3127 battles
  • [TACO_]
Thanks for the advice, I am going to go for the IS line, but I think I’ll stay at tier 6 for a while to get the hang of the mechanics and tanks

Modern_Neanderthal #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 46707 battles
  • [BOWL]

View PostJohn_Haefke, on 12 February 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the advice, I am going to go for the IS line, but I think I’ll stay at tier 6 for a while to get the hang of the mechanics and tanks

how refreshing to see a newer player say this. God speed to you, sir. May your winrate increase daily.

Shellingstar #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1085 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

Hi John!

First off - welcome to the forums.   

Secondly -  On to your question.  KV1S or Kv3.

You already have the Kv2 - so there is no 'reason' that you need the KV1S.  You can go down the IS line or the KV line from the KV2.  Keep in mind that neither the IS or the KV3 should be driven like a KV2.   If you go down the KV line, it is my opinion that the  Kv3 and Kv4 have very similar play style, then you get to the ST-I, and it changes quite a bit as this Soviet heavy actually has gun depression.  

The IS line will also have similar play styles, pretty much all the way through the line - or at least that's how I play them - I suc tho.. so there.

If I were you, and I'm not, I'd go down the IS line - I think the IS-8 is one of the most fun tanks to drive.  It's quicker than most heavys, but still has a fair armor profile.  As like most soviet tanks, the gun is not the best  :)

Peace-

Boris

Except you can't now. 5.5 made Kv1s and kv2 the only ways to go down their respective lines.

PeteGee45 #7 Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32578 battles
  • [ATTK]

I agree with Boris on the IS-8 and I found myself in striking distance of the IS-7 pretty quickly (or at least I didn’t notice that the grind was unpleasant). The IS-7 is my first tier X tank but I purposely have no ammo in it to keep me from playing tier X before I’m playing better in tier IX. 

I have the KV-4 and the grind is killing me. Hearing that the ST and the IS-4 are good tanks makes me think about free XP-ing the last 50k. I’m trying to save the xp for upgrades rather than avoiding horrible grinds but if I can grind through the AMX AC 46 I guess I can grind the stupid KV-4.

Also tagged with Kv2, Kv3, Kv1s, IS7 line, IS4 line

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users