I get the feeling that matchmaker is rigged

matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

ABN_Bearcat #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41216 battles
I play solo at tier 9 and I am bottom tier over 97% of the time. On top of it, I almost exclusively get the team with more 40% players than red does. I am sick of it. I am at the point of not quitting the game. I literally can't win with any consistency. I have more times now where I lose than win and it is virtually a steam roll every time.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26406 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostABN_Bearcat, on 12 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

I play solo at tier 9 and I am bottom tier over 97% of the time. On top of it, I almost exclusively get the team with more 40% players than red does. I am sick of it. I am at the point of not quitting the game. I literally can't win with any consistency. I have more times now where I lose than win and it is virtually a steam roll every time.

When you claim the MM is rigged - what exactly do you mean?  Are you saying that players whose name starts with "Boris" will be forced (somehow) to lose?    I'm always confused when people claim the MM is rigged, because they NEVER explain what exactly is getting 'rigged'.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

ABN_Bearcat #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41216 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

When you claim the MM is rigged - what exactly do you mean?  Are you saying that players whose name starts with "Boris" will be forced (somehow) to lose?    I'm always confused when people claim the MM is rigged, because they NEVER explain what exactly is getting 'rigged'.

Peace-

Boris

Simple, I play 100 battles and lose 70% or more of the time. Play tier 9 and bottom tier 80-90% of the time. Team is almost exclusively 40% players (4 to 5 of them). That is what I mean or didn't you read the OP?

ShootinSabot #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 22810 battles
  • [III-R]

The keys to better MM

1. Become a member of The Society

2. Pay your The Society dues

3. Drive better

Do these three things and you will find MM working in your favour.

Part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

vvk2 #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 75546 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostABN_Bearcat, on 12 February 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

I can tell you why - I wasn't playing lately (was grinding WOWS Blitz) so you mush have gotten my regular MM...

_Cletus #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 28746 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostShootinSabot, on 12 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

The keys to better MM

1. Become a member of The Society

2. Pay your The Society dues

3. Drive better

Do these three things and you will find MM working in your favour.

The Society has been pretty quiet lately...

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

Beta_678 #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7405 battles
  • [TDB]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

Peace-

Boris

I swear boris has a text alert on his phone everytime the word "rigged" is mentioned. also has the reading comprehension of a saltine when a topic is concerned with the idea of the game being rigger. so, he tries to get as much info as he can on this idea to overcome this glitch in his psyche. at this point is just annoying when I presume the aforementioned isnt true, and he thinks he is somehow slick in questioning the terms of a rigged mm.

BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26406 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostABN_Bearcat, on 12 February 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Simple, I play 100 battles and lose 70% or more of the time. Play tier 9 and bottom tier 80-90% of the time. Team is almost exclusively 40% players (4 to 5 of them). That is what I mean or didn't you read the OP?

I did read it - but you've yet to explain how the game is 'rigged'.  

Are you asking me to believe that the MM is putting those 40%'ers on your team for a specific reason - if so, what is that reason?

If you don't yet understand why tier 9 tanks will be bottom tier more often - then you just have not been paying attention :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Spekulatius #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32625 battles
  • [III-S]
What I do found true is that when playing Tier 9, I often get pulled into T10 matches. I did a count of about 30 games, and it was ~65% T10 games. It does depend on what class of tanks you play - T9 heavies get you into T10 more often than T9 TD’s. I believe the reason is that T10 is already over saturated with T10 TD’s, so there is no need to pull in T9 Td’s to complete the team generally. t9 heaviesa re needed as cannonfodder for T10 matches apparently. I am not sure about T9 meds, because I don’t grind them currently.

Community pledge signer

Wattsey17 #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27013 battles
  • [ACTIV]
I have to say I really don’t like boris (no offense) but he has a point I agree with and I’m with him on this one.
My explanation would be teir 10s are always top teir teir so that drags teir 9s to bottom teir more often. As far as the bad players on you team that is just bad luck. I’ve been playing this game for 3 years and have big loosing streaks and bottom teir streaks. I still don’t think it’s rigged.
Also there is an entire thread devoted to debating this. Check it out

Blartch #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:50 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64374 battles
  • [BRSKT]
They stated it was, based on some algorithm to provide “challenge.”  It’s possible to work around it if you want to bother taking the time.

superfly29erguy_1 #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

Just here for eye candy

• Players
  • 25963 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostBlartch, on 12 February 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

They stated it was, based on some algorithm to provide “challenge.” It’s possible to work around it if you want to bother taking the time.

^^^^^^^^^^^ happened a few updates ago. It was to give trophy kids a better chance of winning. I have to say, since the infamous update, my wr went from 60.84-60.53, thats an awful big drop-off in anybody's book. Definitely more non pens, more ghost shells, etc., so something has changed. Don't think its rigged to a particular person, but like Blartch stated, there was a change in the algorithm, but we will never know what it is.

Edited by superfly29erguy_1, 12 February 2019 - 11:33 PM.

shyw #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50465 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostBlartch, on 12 February 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

They stated it was, based on some algorithm to provide “challenge.” It’s possible to work around it if you want to bother taking the time.

followed your advice and it is working for me

Thanks....!!!!

RekinRalph #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9911 battles
  • [TT]
In my humble opinion. yes its rigged. You have a high battle count. I feel that by forcing you to be low tier your more likely to play tier 10 to combat this. Its by design  to force high battle count players to either quit or stay in tier 10. its the reason You find so many rerolls like mine. Rigged mm is a thing regardless what the WG A$$ kissers say. I now enjoyed better mm and rng on this account then my other account with 66k games. every one who says mm isn't rigged has their head in the sand. 

Edited by CDs_minion, 13 February 2019 - 12:32 AM.

Beta_678 #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7405 battles
  • [TDB]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

I did read it - but you've yet to explain how the game is 'rigged'.  

Are you asking me to believe that the MM is putting those 40%'ers on your team for a specific reason - if so, what is that reason?

If you don't yet understand why tier 9 tanks will be bottom tier more often - then you just have not been paying attention :)

Peace-

Boris

to frustrate the player into playing more games to make for the ones they lost, simple gambling mentality. when in that mentality played will spend money to get an edge. so in summation you get screwed so you want to win more than anything, to alleviate this frustration players will buy premium tanks, free xp to get top modules without the grind, spend gold to train the crew 100%, ect. comprehenda blartich ? I won't say it again

Grumpy__Pirate #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37453 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Peace-

Boris

MM must be rigged as Boris is ALWAYS on the other team. :coin:

TheMainframe #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10553 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
Can we see the code that possibly rigs matches? All we have is experience based evidence.

Until we see the lines of code, or someone does a scientific analysis free of sampling bias, I'm going to drum it all up as empty conspiracy.

I love the ones that need it most.

Player_5773117413 #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:02 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30041 battles
  • [SPUD]
Can we all acknowledge that it is at least plausible that there is some sort of algorithm in place that attempts to even out the number of wins and losses?

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

TheMainframe #19 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10553 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 12 February 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Can we all acknowledge that it is at least plausible that there is some sort of algorithm in place that attempts to even out the number of wins and losses?

It's possible, but I wouldn't say its plausible. If it really exists than it's doing a poor job. The very fact that super unicums exist contradicts the power of such an algorithm.

Also the fact that I can get into new games relatively quickly. A complicated set of requirements would dampen queuing times. I think it's more likely that there are very few requirements to matching games which leads to some games being highly skewed.

I love the ones that need it most.

cpudamaged #20 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 53378 battles
  • [DEF_6]
If course it is “rigged” the better your win rate the more rigged it is against you. War game wants to “level” the playing field so the “participation trophy” generation does not feel like the bunch of fuqtards they are.  They have changed the game so the losers dont feel like losers. The better you do the worse your team will get until “leveling“ occurs.  Once your team has sub 43%rs against all 55%rs you see “leveling”.  More “ghost” shots and more bounces and more shots into anything but the red tanks occur to help them achive this also. “Rigged” is real in this game now. The days we used to have of 25 wins in a row in tier 10 are long gone mr bearcat it’s saddens alot of us players that have been around as long as you and me. 

Also tagged with matchmaker

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users