matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

ccMAXcc #101 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 54351 battles
  • [WRPGZ]
Thought it was just me, but seeing the number of posts on this subject during downtime, must be something to it. Maybe it’ll be different next time/another update.

Wombeer #102 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33383 battles
  • [GMA]
Oh man, I came here to give salt, but when ABN bearcat is complaining about roughy treatment :( . I just keep on keeping on and have given up on stats at this point.

tpcshadow #103 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38848 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postsuperfly29erguy_1, on 17 February 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

“According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range.”

This does not mean that the matchmaker “Rigs” games, it just means that the better a player is doing, the more of a challenge they are presented with and ultimately the results of a battle still are in control of the players and now well they perform with their team.

This NOT random, this is rigging!

Pete Rose is thee perfect example. Now, had he been a spectator and bet on the game, his wager has no effect on the outcome of the game, but since he was directly involved of managing the players, his wagers had a direct influence of the outcome of those games...manipulating, rigging...all the same. He "rigged" the game by "manipulating" the line-ups and pitching match ups; seems like the same thing our trusty friend at WG stated above. Rigging is rigging and whether you choose to use circular logic to mask it, doesn't change the intent.

And why should we believe what WG says anyway? When have they been open and forthcoming about anything? When have they been truthful without being forced to be? I'll believe their statements about matchmaking after they give us a truthful answer to the M60 distribution.

BattChiefJoe241 #104 Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:28 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10524 battles
  • [MCFD]

View Postsuperfly29erguy_1, on 12 February 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

^^^^^^^^^^^ happened a few updates ago. It was to give trophy kids a better chance of winning. I have to say, since the infamous update, my wr went from 60.84-60.53, thats an awful big drop-off in anybody's book. Definitely more non pens, more ghost shells, etc., so something has changed. Don't think its rigged to a particular person, but like Blartch stated, there was a change in the algorithm, but we will never know what it is.

Are you sure that you are not playing my battles? This happens everyday so I do not play as much as I used to

1017288795.png

BattChiefJoe241 #105 Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10524 battles
  • [MCFD]

View Posttpcshadow, on 21 February 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

And why should we believe what WG says anyway? When have they been open and forthcoming about anything? When have they been truthful without being forced to be? I'll believe their statements about matchmaking after they give us a truthful answer to the M60 distribution.

my thoughts on the M 60 are someone was probably given a pink slip and said I will have the last laugh and just distributed the tanks

1017288795.png

wrecker1968 #106 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54530 battles
  • [HOUSE]
:)

_Crusader6_ #107 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBattChiefJoe241, on 21 February 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

my thoughts on the M 60 are someone was probably given a pink slip and said I will have the last laugh and just distributed the tanks

Former NA WG staff admitted it was an error - EU had released the criteria and I had reposted it here in the M60 thread - but it was purged.  Basically about 1/8 of the folks who got an M60 where suppose to, and 7/8 of those who where suppose to didn’t.  

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

4sfield #108 Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33575 battles
  • [-1]

I need somebody to run a camo test or explain to me how the concealment crew skill works because I’ve got someone telling me that crew skills aren’t working as far as spot range and camo goes. He says he was trying to teach some nubs with 1500 games spotting mechanics last night in a training room and everyone was running an RU with the same equipment/modules. He had them sit still while drove away and then drove towards them. He said they spotted him the same time he spotted them. 

If this is the case then something is afoot. His crew skills are maxed and he was spotted by tanks that he should have spotted 1st. If what he says is true and thiis is a big then that’s one thing, if it’s been done deliberately then we just got screwed again. Wasted all that experience on worthless crew skills.

I need confirmation from someone who knows what they are doing.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

milesonaught #109 Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:11 AM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20612 battles
That sucks. We should run a voice Discord test with a neutral player marking distance of 1v? to test that.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

tdskip2 #110 Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25695 battles
  • [MOM]

Highly interesting thread.

I stepped away from the game some time ago because it was just too frustrating, felt like not matter what I did or how I played I was going to be a loss.

Been playing a bit again here and there and feels very lopsided still.

Kiser_Sosei #111 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 36094 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 23 February 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Former NA WG staff admitted it was an error - EU had released the criteria and I had reposted it here in the M60 thread - but it was purged.  Basically about 1/8 of the folks who got an M60 where suppose to, and 7/8 of those who where suppose to didn’t.  

Seems like they should have just smoothed it over and handed out the other 90% of M60s. I know my wallet thinks I am loyal to Blitz.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

No_Easy_Kill #112 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Players
  • 101651 battles
  • [ODIN-]

This game is very rigged. How do I know, look at the number of games I have played. I play the T44 only. I know this virtual tank inside and out (until the next upgrade) and it doesn’t play the same way in some games. There are two types of rigged [edited], Tank [edited]and Team [edited]. The cheating or [edited]goes both ways. Let’s talk the other side, game cheating for you. Oh, you thought you were really that good, lol. Your not! Neither am I.

When game is cheating for you:

1. You spot the enemy further away. They stay spotted even though they are well outside your viewing range and no one on your team is in the area.

2. Your gun sight locks on the enemy tank automatically. I target practice on maps that have trees. I shoot HEAT rounds at the trees while tank is at full speed. Shot doesn’t count if the tree is less than 10 meters away from the tank. In short I know how to aim. So when the gun sight locks onto the enemy before I aimed at him, it’s clear [edited].

3. The tank moves at 100 mph. I know how fast the T44 moves. It moves like a jet fighter when the game is cheating for me. I can pop out shoot the enemy and cover before you even see me. Moving at the speed of light.

4. Obstacles have no affect. Drive over cars, trucks, wood piles, hills and rivers and the tank does not slow down. Clear [edited]! Because last match I hit a F’ing wood fence and the T44 came to a complete stop. And look the slow heavies I was running from have caught up to me. How nice. 

All of you have experienced this and you can’t deny it, the game cheats for you too.

Remember when your team destroyed the other team in 45 seconds? Guess you had a good team? Wrong! War game was balancing your win rating. I have tried to lose games on purpose just to make my win rate fall, can’t do it. Everyone will be between 45 and 60% you never see win rates of 15% or 80% after the first 100 games. Ratings are balanced to keep us all close so the matching engine has a large pool of players to pull from.

So again, THE GAME CHEATS LIKE CRAZY for you and against you.

__V_O_P__ #113 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46854 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostNo_Easy_Kill, on 28 April 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

This game is very rigged. How do I know, look at the number of games I have played. I play the T44 only. I know this virtual tank inside and out (until the next upgrade) and it doesn’t play the same way in some games. There are two types of rigged [edited], Tank [edited]and Team [edited]. The cheating or [edited]goes both ways. Let’s talk the other side, game cheating for you. Oh, you thought you were really that good, lol. Your not! Neither am I.

1. You spot the enemy further away. They stay spotted even though they are well outside your viewing range and no one on your team is in the area.

2. Your gun sight locks on the enemy tank automatically. I target practice on maps that have trees. I shoot HEAT rounds at the trees while tank is at full speed. Shot doesn’t count if the tree is less than 10 meters away from the tank. In short I know how to aim. So when the gun sight locks onto the enemy before I aimed at him, it’s clear [edited].

3. The tank moves at 100 mph. I know how fast the T44 moves. It moves like a jet fighter when the game is cheating for me. I can pop out shoot the enemy and cover before you even see me. Moving at the speed of light.

4. Obstacles have no affect. Drive over cars, trucks, wood piles, hills and rivers and the tank does not slow down. Clear [edited]! Because last match I hit a F’ing wood fence and the T44 came to a complete stop. And look the slow heavies I was running from have caught up to me. How nice. 

All of you have experienced this and you can’t deny it, the game cheats for you too.

Remember when your team destroyed the other team in 45 seconds? Guess you had a good team? Wrong! War game was balancing your win rating. I have tried to lose games on purpose just to make my win rate fall, can’t do it. Everyone will be between 45 and 60% you never see win rates of 15% or 80% after the first 100 games. Ratings are balanced to keep us all close so the matching engine has a large pool of players to pull from.

This is some real deep tinfoil hat [edited]. 

No Easy - you are at best average in the T44. You say you know the tank inside and out. You survive around 1/3 of the time. Your DR is about 1.0. What have you learned in over 70 000 battles in that won tank? It would appear from your post you’ve learned to avoid responsibility for your own actions. 

ARandomGenieGuy #114 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18088 battles

View Post4sfield, on 23 February 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I need somebody to run a camo test or explain to me how the concealment crew skill works because I’ve got someone telling me that crew skills aren’t working as far as spot range and camo goes. He says he was trying to teach some nubs with 1500 games spotting mechanics last night in a training room and everyone was running an RU with the same equipment/modules. He had them sit still while drove away and then drove towards them. He said they spotted him the same time he spotted them. 

If this is the case then something is afoot. His crew skills are maxed and he was spotted by tanks that he should have spotted 1st. If what he says is true and thiis is a big then that’s one thing, if it’s been done deliberately then we just got screwed again. Wasted all that experience on worthless crew skills.

I need confirmation from someone who knows what they are doing.

I cant guarantee you something but I was thinking the same about cammo skills. I had 0 cammo skills and got them to tier 4 using free exp which gives you between 16-21% cammo increase dont remember quite well the data. I have about 1.5 k games on my object 140 so I have an idea of the range in which I can be spotted. I used it for testing the cammo skill since it has very good cammo ratings.  After getting the cammo skill at level 4, didnt noticed any difference in the range I got spotted. I doubted myself but after many games I didnt noticed a damn difference. 

ARandomGenieGuy #115 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18088 battles

On a sidenote MM isnt rigged. If it was rigged so everyone stays close winrate wise then we all would be at around 50% winrate. Play Vainglory, or a similar title. The matchmaking does factor in skill so everyone stays at 50%, doesnt matter how good or bad you are. 

Wot Blitz queue is almost instant, so I doubt they have an advanced algorithm that does those calculations so quickly. Cmon people its a belorussian company not fking nasa to posses the technology to make that calculus so quickly. For us to have those lighting speed queues its obviously mostly a random system. Mostly not everything is random. Back again to Vainglory the queue even in casual battles takes up anywhere from 2-3 minutes and there are only 3-5 players per team. Its slow because of the reasons stated above. 

We may feel matchmaking is rigged because the average player base skill is so low your odds at winning are very slim if youre above the average. The odds are stacked against most of us not because of Wg or any other tinfoil sh!t regarding MM, but because most people are re tarded simple as that. You have to compensate many games for dead weight. The earlier you learn that mm isnt rigged and you have to compensate for half brain idiots the easier the game will become. 

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 29 April 2019 - 05:57 AM.

___ez_e___ #116 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63900 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostNo_Easy_Kill, on 28 April 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

It’s definitely not rigged.  The meta/game mechanics have changed and we all have to adjust.  My wr took a hit (part not giving a hoot and part not playing right).   I’m feeling good these days because I’m seeing major improvements in many tanks, especially at the upper tiers. 

I’ve been recently playing much better and in-line with my historical stats AND I’ve definitely been improving in all my tanks.  My 30 wr is currently weighed down by my suckiness in ISU-152 (grinding it).   If you look at some of my tanks you can see I’m practically playing some at 70 wr solo.   

I’ve seen you many times in the T-44 and I’m going to tell you what I tell all my struggling employees.  Don’t expect different results if you do the same things.   You are a decent player when you play under control, I’ve seen it.  However, I’ve seen you too many times going solo against 2 or more tanks and getting wasted (I see this often with you and then your gun is silenced).  

I’m an aggressive player to a fault like you, but you got to control it (I absolutely died from over aggression many times).  Try following your team for a change see what your teammates do and rotate to where you think you can provide your team an advantage.  Also, you can disengage brawls and even battles using the T44 to again rotate to help your team win.   Keep disengaging and rotating.   Remember support and hero at the end of battle not beginning.  

You have a highly recognizable name, put it to good use my man.  You can do it.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 29 April 2019 - 12:18 PM.

_Crusader6_ #117 Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 28 April 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

This is some real deep tinfoil hat [edited]. 

No Easy - you are at best average in the T44. You say you know the tank inside and out. You survive around 1/3 of the time. Your DR is about 1.0. What have you learned in over 70 000 battles in that won tank? It would appear from your post you’ve learned to avoid responsibility for your own actions. 

His 30-60-90 are the same as his lifetime, under 1,200 dmg in the T-44.   

He is the poster child for mediocrity, or sub mediocrity.   

Worse as he thinks it isn’t him.  

_Cletus #118 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31985 battles
  • [III-C]

Guys, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.  Not only do tinfoil hats not work, they actually amplify the mind-controlling signals.  Source below....

http://web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

_Crusader6_ #119 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

The major issue with MM perception is there are so many awful players. 

Honestly WG couldn’t rig MM if they tried as sorting the trash would take so long we’d all die of old age. 

Bellatormonk #120 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 32383 battles
  • [MASHU]

I love how some of the most die hard defenders of this system play a few typically and acknowledged OP tanks almost exclusively for 30-60 days and think they are so "gud" they can tell everyone what's what.  Try playing a bit more variety in tanks in a 30-60 period and come back with a more informed opinion on how the game play seems to effect people who simply don't play the same 2-3 tanks nonstop.

Additionally how some seem to be able to post troll and nonsensical responses w/o penalty as well.

Also tagged with matchmaker

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users