• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #121 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:26 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

I love how some of the most die hard defenders of this system play a few typically and acknowledged OP tanks almost exclusively for 30-60 days and think they are so "gud" they can tell everyone what's what.  Try playing a bit more variety in tanks in a 30-60 period and come back with a more informed opinion on how the game play seems to effect people who simply don't play the same 2-3 tanks nonstop.

Additionally how some seem to be able to post troll and nonsensical responses w/o penalty as well.

I played 30 different tanks this month. 

Admittedly the Smasher and WZ-111G FT being played the most - simply as I haven’t aced those.  

I constantly have games I want to throw my iPad. 

Heavy tanks push lights out of cover so they can use the massive armor of the light to hide behind- yup 

Someone pushing your turretless TD out of Cover - yup. 

Having 6 40%’er on your team - yup. 

The difference is, I know I need to perform or fail, and when I fail, I don’t come screaming to the Internet to blame others - I accept that probably should have done something different - and it might simply have been close the app and not hit battle ;).  

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

4sfield #122 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33575 battles
  • [-1]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 29 April 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

The major issue with MM perception is there are so many awful players. 

Honestly WG couldn’t rig MM if they tried as sorting the trash would take so long we’d all die of old age. 

The nubs rigged it for everybody by not learning and having a 50%WR in a tier before progressing to the next one. We’ve got so many players that do things just because everyone else does that it isn’t funny, not just talking about buying a tier VIII here. 

Brainless half-wits rule the game because they don’t care enough about anyone or anything in it enough to become a capable player. I don’t know about you but I’m growing tired of having to play like I do just to win. I crave dynamic, action, competent team mates and guys I can count on to do the right thing. None of that exists in the game right now. It’s just a bunch of kids with no sense of responsibility and smart mouths. 

Driving away the skilled players and enabling the bad ones to do what they wanted was the worst thing that ever done with the game. You can say it’s fair all you want but it isn’t. It’s not fair to me, you or any of your clan mates that our long term investment has lost value in the form of less competent, undynamic, non-team oriented, distactical cluster[edited] games that we are forced to play now when we all used to experience the exact opposite nearly every game. 

What we see now used to be a rareity, guys never complained about bad teams. We’d talk about some nub but not entire teams full of them. Players right here and now play the game exactly like the nub we used to leave at spawn every game or went town alone back in the day. The difference is, those guys eventually learned because we venerated them so much we forced them to play it right. 

Now it’s just whiners and lying rees that have an inflated sense of themselves because everyone else sucks just as bad as they do. There is no honor, no chivalrous moments(remember guys taking shots for you?), no sense of not letting your guys down and no one who says gg at the end has any idea what one looks like. 

It’s more like a county fair demolition derby (Powder Puff) than what it used to be. It used to be an [edited] kicking session of >50% players, you were on the edge of your seat, looking at the line ups, sending out greetings, biting nails and trying not to be predictable. Now it’s just the team with the worst 40%ers loses. 

What have they done to the game? How are we supposed to keep evolving as players when we’re forced to play babysitter every [edited] game? 

Edited by 4sfield, 29 April 2019 - 09:36 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

_Cletus #123 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:34 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31985 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I love how some of the most die hard defenders of this system play a few typically and acknowledged OP tanks almost exclusively for 30-60 days and think they are so "gud" they can tell everyone what's what.  Try playing a bit more variety in tanks in a 30-60 period and come back with a more informed opinion on how the game play seems to effect people who simply don't play the same 2-3 tanks nonstop.

Additionally how some seem to be able to post troll and nonsensical responses w/o penalty as well.

I think he's talking about me, guys!

:P

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

SpartacusDiablo #124 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]
The game is full of horrible players. You either carry or you get carried. Those who carry have higher win rates than those who don't.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

4sfield #125 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33575 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 29 April 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

The game is full of horrible players. You either carry or you get carried. Those who carry have higher win rates than those who don't.

I have a huge set of carry pants. I carry and lose a lot more than I should. Do I need to provide screen shots because I’ve got all kinds. 

A solo player is at a disadvantage to a platoon pair of guys with my same skill set. It’s the same for you too. You want to see how many tier VIII screen shots I’ve got of 3.6->4K games on my device I have lost solo? It’ll take about 3hrs to get them in one place and downsized then I’ll still have to upload to imgur. If you want, I can do that for you. How about zeros? I’ve got several dozen screen shots of teams with 3 zeros. What about <500 damage? I’ve got all kinds of those too. 

Don’t try to sell the old “Carry Harder” line to a vet. Times are different and that horse was beaten to death a long time ago. 

Edited by 4sfield, 29 April 2019 - 10:46 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

_Cletus #126 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

• Players
  • 31985 battles
  • [III-C]
I don't think it's about carrying your team anymore.  Now it's about making your team effective, regardless of what kind of stupid strategy they're trying to pull off.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

SpartacusDiablo #127 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]
Cletus hits the nail on the head. You have to use your team effectively. If you cannot do this you probably are not going to win.

4sfield, I am a solo player. I rarely platoon. When I say "carry harder" I mean use your team's hit points more effectively than the other team uses theirs.

SpartacusDiablo #128 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]
This is a game of herding cats. Whoever can herd their cats best wins.

Bellatormonk #129 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 32383 battles
  • [MASHU]

I just can't take people who only play 4 tanks in 90 days more than 20x for that period, very seriously, especially platooned 4 out of 10 battles.  I don't care if you played 100 tanks 1x each in 30-90 days, that doesn't really count for seeing how MM slants battles during extended play periods for a large number of people.  I say kudos for being "gud" in a few tanks for 90 days.  It means you get put in the same MM specs for those tanks almost all the time considering how low the player base is and at whatever time period you play in.

Yes the mantra of "carry harder" and "use your team" is tired and old considering a bag of cats is just that...almost useless most of the time unless you are both "gud" and use an OP tank that can carry matches before 1/2 your team dies in 60 secs or less.

AdderaII #130 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 22859 battles
  • [OGRE]

Anyone ever do some experimenting between Ratings battles and Pub battles?

Ratings battles are supposed to put you with players near your skill level, so if you do 10 battles in Ratings and 10 battles in Pubs (assuming all other variables, such as tank, tier and time of day are equal) then the difference in wins should be observable. 

I see see lots of people giving anecdotal examples, but no one willing to do the grunt work of finding out. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

___ez_e___ #131 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63900 battles
  • [GORT]

What gets me is the number of veteran players with 5 digit battle counts and wr below 50.  

I’ve noticed you can carry regardless of tier and still lose a lot.  In addition, the number of battles where lower tiers do the carrying is appalling. 

Very much more a team game in that going out solo onto the battlefield is now super high risk and high reward, but now the risk clearly outweighs the reward in most situations.  

I think we are all frustrated.  Lol. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 29 April 2019 - 10:50 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #132 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]
I'm legitimately curious.  What are these over powered tanks that I'm playing?

Bellatormonk #133 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 32383 battles
  • [MASHU]

I think the time of day matters a great deal now as well considering the low skill and number of player base.  It's 6pm CST right now..just after most people get off work/settle in from school etc.  I just played 4 rounds in an E50 and half the team was just scrub 50%ers or less (I mean 50% hovering on 49%) and they act  and talk like they know it all when called out for going the wrong way or flat out just not even playing with a shred of sense.  Fours losses in a row and there was no way to carry since my team simply died in 90 secs or less and 5 out 7 players on green could not even crack 1k dmg each.  I even saw platoons who could not crack 1k dmg combined.

So I have learned there is just no reason to even attempt to play from 6-10pm CST as the sheer number of screen lickers who are happy to score 400 dmg and get face rolled with 5-7 reds remaining or losing to a cap difference of 800 pts call it a "GG"...

Bellatormonk #134 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 32383 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 29 April 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm legitimately curious. What are these over powered tanks that I'm playing?

Don't think I am referring to you SD.  I gotta admit your tank variety is solid.

SpartacusDiablo #135 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:18 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Don't think I am referring to you SD.  I gotta admit your tank variety is solid.

As long as it isn't a TD or a Heavy I'm good :D

ABN_Bearcat #136 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41216 battles

Okay, I am circling back to this post, because I want to get your inputs. Wargaming has admitted that they changed the matchmaker starting with update 5.1. I have noticed that since update 5.4 or so that my winrate just keeps dropping. Prior, my win rate either increased or stayed about the same, but for the most part went up. That is not the case  any longer. If I look at team make-up in a loss, then it is me and usually  a bunch of 40% players or lower. Now, may be the thought is that those players are struggling for a win, so Wargaming in their infinite stupidity says, "Hey unicum player, you win a lot, so carry these four or five clueless players on your back so they can get a win too." This is what I think their reasoning is (or something like that), but this is broken.

What about you all? Are you in a similar position? I think the matchmaker needs to go back the way it was. If not, then it may be time for me to quit this game. Wargaming literally does all they can to screw this game up. 

_Cletus #137 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:41 AM

• Players
  • 31985 battles
  • [III-C]
I think the change in mm you are talking about is when they made it so you'd always have the same number of tanks from each class.  I don't know if that's affecting win rate, but I'd like to go back to mismatched classes.  It'll make for a lot more variation.

Edited by _Cletus, 30 April 2019 - 01:43 AM.

SpartacusDiablo #138 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:45 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostABN_Bearcat, on 29 April 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Okay, I am circling back to this post, because I want to get your inputs. Wargaming has admitted that they changed the matchmaker starting with update 5.1. I have noticed that since update 5.4 or so that my winrate just keeps dropping. Prior, my win rate either increased or stayed about the same, but for the most part went up. That is not the case  any longer. If I look at team make-up in a loss, then it is me and usually  a bunch of 40% players or lower. Now, may be the thought is that those players are struggling for a win, so Wargaming in their infinite stupidity says, "Hey unicum player, you win a lot, so carry these four or five clueless players on your back so they can get a win too." This is what I think their reasoning is (or something like that), but this is broken.

What about you all? Are you in a similar position? I think the matchmaker needs to go back the way it was. If not, then it may be time for me to quit this game. Wargaming literally does all they can to screw this game up. 

I'm not seeing a change in the MM.  My avg tier and win-rate continue to improve despite the teams.  I still have periodic losing streaks and I am by no means saying the playerbase is improving (or even staying the same) but I'm not taking a hit to my overall performance.

_Crusader6_ #139 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:51 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69764 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBellatormonk, on 29 April 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 29 April 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

As long as it isn't a TD or a Heavy I'm good :D

Pretty sure he’s commenting about me.  

Generally I don’t play a lot of the same tanks over and over again as I get bored.  

I ran a 100 game E5 stretch for 68% and 2795 avg dmg about 4 months ago - almost killed me, I just don’t enjoy doing the same tank again and again and again.  

The only other tanks I’ve done 100 straight in semi recently was the Mäuschen then Vk100.01(P). 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

___ez_e___ #140 Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63900 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 29 April 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

I'm not seeing a change in the MM.  My avg tier and win-rate continue to improve despite the teams.  I still have periodic losing streaks and I am by no means saying the playerbase is improving (or even staying the same) but I'm not taking a hit to my overall performance.

I know my wr took a hit, but lately I’ve been playing better for the meta. 

I think if you are an aggressive situational tactical player, but not as strategic, then that particular play style took a wr hit (that was me)  Let me explain further.    I think other player will agree (but I could be wrong) that in the old meta you could get away winning most of your games if you were tactically sound, but not so strategic.   Pretty much bully your way to a win so to speak without using much strategy or checking what your teammates are doing.   Most of my strategy was pregame assessment and not much in game real time.  You just had to keep winning your current mini battle until you won the match.  This type of player can no longer win by tactical bullying anymore under the current meta as it has shifted to a team oriented strategic meta.    

I began to notice that I was losing to usually only one player on the other team that was the most strategically sound.   So I’m still pretty aggressive, but at the same time I’m definitely rotating my tank where I think it needs to be to win the battle, where in the past I was more likely to be lazily entrenched in the mini battle.   I’m using strategy a lot more and not getting lock into the mini battle of the moment.  I make sure that my tank also preforms it’s role as best I can.  I’m definitely watching every player real time checking stuff like who’s taking damage and who’s not (especially an enemy player or two that is skillfully not taking damage during the course of the battle and appears to be controlling that enemies team’s tempo).

A couple of other things I’ve changed is I’m much more tactically rigid about using the proper technique such as side scrape angles or using terrain for cover on every shot.  No more stupid easy wrong angle peek a boom looks for enemy.   No open looks and always using some kind of hard cover.   Just eliminate as much as the stupid stuff as possible.

Actually using strategies during the course of the battle and being tactically rigid has made my play turn around in the last few weeks.   

I wouldn’t be playing if I wasn’t getting better. 

Oh yeah, I was actually saying all this to say that I believe the best players haven’t notice dramatic wr drop with new meta, because they are already strategically and tactically sound.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 30 April 2019 - 03:28 AM.

Also tagged with matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users