143 replies to this topic

ARandomGenieGuy #141 Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18088 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 29 April 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

I think he's talking about me, guys!

:P

Prolly he also threw a shade at me. Im poor on credits and only have played the same tanks this and last month lol. 

ARandomGenieGuy #142 Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18088 battles

View Post___ez_e___, on 29 April 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

I know my wr took a hit, but lately I’ve been playing better for the meta. 

I think if you are an aggressive situational tactical player, but not as strategic, then that particular play style took a wr hit (that was me)  Let me explain further.    I think other player will agree (but I could be wrong) that in the old meta you could get away winning most of your games if you were tactically sound, but not so strategic.   Pretty much bully your way to a win so to speak without using much strategy or checking what your teammates are doing.   Most of my strategy was pregame assessment and not much in game real time.  You just had to keep winning your current mini battle until you won the match.  This type of player can no longer win by tactical bullying anymore under the current meta as it has shifted to a team oriented strategic meta.    

I began to notice that I was losing to usually only one player on the other team that was the most strategically sound.   So I’m still pretty aggressive, but at the same time I’m definitely rotating my tank where I think it needs to be to win the battle, where in the past I was more likely to be lazily entrenched in the mini battle.   I’m using strategy a lot more and not getting lock into the mini battle of the moment.  I make sure that my tank also preforms it’s role as best I can.  I’m definitely watching every player real time checking stuff like who’s taking damage and who’s not (especially an enemy player or two that is skillfully not taking damage during the course of the battle and appears to be controlling that enemies team’s tempo).

A couple of other things I’ve changed is I’m much more tactically rigid about using the proper technique such as side scrape angles or using terrain for cover on every shot.  No more stupid easy wrong angle peek a boom looks for enemy.   No open looks and always using some kind of hard cover.   Just eliminate as much as the stupid stuff as possible.

Actually using strategies during the course of the battle and being tactically rigid has made my play turn around in the last few weeks.   

I wouldn’t be playing if I wasn’t getting better. 

Oh yeah, I was actually saying all this to say that I believe the best players haven’t notice dramatic wr drop with new meta, because they are already strategically and tactically sound.  

This explains everything so well. Before I left I was pushing 65-70% win rate most of the time. Did a quick analysis on the battle comp and put on my carry pants and usually I won. I was very agressive and liked to harass the enemy team. However now my win rate took a massive hit. I feel like if im tunneling a sector or someone for a prolonged period I might loose. Trying to adapt to new meta, which as you describe is more about being stratefic. Or as 4sfield describes being a babysitter. I like his definition since thats how I feel every game, babysitting everyone instead of the hyper agressive playstyle that I enjoyed so much and brought me success.

SpartacusDiablo #143 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32286 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post___ez_e___, on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I think if you are an aggressive situational tactical player, but not as strategic, then that particular play style took a wr hit (that was me)  Let me explain further.    I think other player will agree (but I could be wrong) that in the old meta you could get away winning most of your games if you were tactically sound, but not so strategic.   Pretty much bully your way to a win so to speak without using much strategy or checking what your teammates are doing.   Most of my strategy was pregame assessment and not much in game real time.  You just had to keep winning your current mini battle until you won the match.  This type of player can no longer win by tactical bullying anymore under the current meta as it has shifted to a team oriented strategic meta.    

I began to notice that I was losing to usually only one player on the other team that was the most strategically sound.   So I’m still pretty aggressive, but at the same time I’m definitely rotating my tank where I think it needs to be to win the battle, where in the past I was more likely to be lazily entrenched in the mini battle.   I’m using strategy a lot more and not getting lock into the mini battle of the moment.  I make sure that my tank also preforms it’s role as best I can.  I’m definitely watching every player real time checking stuff like who’s taking damage and who’s not (especially an enemy player or two that is skillfully not taking damage during the course of the battle and appears to be controlling that enemies team’s tempo).

A couple of other things I’ve changed is I’m much more tactically rigid about using the proper technique such as side scrape angles or using terrain for cover on every shot.  No more stupid easy wrong angle peek a boom looks for enemy.   No open looks and always using some kind of hard cover.   Just eliminate as much as the stupid stuff as possible.

Actually using strategies during the course of the battle and being tactically rigid has made my play turn around in the last few weeks.   

Oh yeah, I was actually saying all this to say that I believe the best players haven’t notice dramatic wr drop with new meta, because they are already strategically and tactically sound.  

This sums it up perfectly .Very well said!

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

_Crusader6_ #144 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69759 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Post___ez_e___, on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

Fantastic post.  

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Also tagged with matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users