143 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #21 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:28 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65368 battles
  • [SURG3]

I don’t think it is rigged.  

Three aspects affect why I don’t feel MM is ‘rigged’ 

1) I think we have all seen enough to know the playerbase is just 90% ‘terribad’.  

2) Tier and Tank type have remarkably affects, which of games where rigged wouldn’t show outliers as much. 

3) Lastly my own experiences over the last 4+ years and 55

However, tier 9 of late has become a train wreck. 

I often toon with the OP.  

It’s a tier that I anticipate a 65%+ WR in these days.  

This month tier 9 has been nearly Always bottom tier. 

I have only played tier 8-10 this month.  

Tier 8 and 10 are over 75% 

Tier 9 a massively disappointing 58.75%

Okay C6 but you only played 63 tier 9 games this month. 

Yes, but this was once my favorite tier, the reason for less tier 9 

54 of those 63 games where low tier.   

Now honestly 9’s can fight X’s if driven well - but even an E 75 driven well has a rough go against an IS-4 or two...

I’ve come to the understanding that in the current meta tier 9 is getting the shaft, and tier X is a better option for WR holding than 9.  

Drive a carry tank, because odds are you will need it. 

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

TO_Dominator #22 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:37 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 12196 battles
  • [YUKON]

View PostBlartch, on 12 February 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

They stated it was, based on some algorithm to provide “challenge.” It’s possible to work around it if you want to bother taking the time.

I may have missed it, but can anyone provide me with a link to where you found this? 

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE #23 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:28 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4031 battles
  • [M-A-D]
T9 vehicle in T10 matches? No problem, just play t-54 and spam HEAT.

andyllinger #24 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:20 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 32501 battles
  • [--M--]
I believe RNG is designed to even the odds between a bad player and a decent one, too many b.s bounces, ghost shells and ridiculously low rolls have been happening more and more with every update, they want the window lickers to stay by making them win more often. 

25 Tier X in my garage

rosgrim #25 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 87851 battles
  • [COD]

View Postcpudamaged, on 13 February 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

If course it is “rigged” the better your win rate the more rigged it is against you. War game wants to “level” the playing field so the “participation trophy” generation does not feel like the bunch of fuqtards they are.  They have changed the game so the losers dont feel like losers. The better you do the worse your team will get until “leveling“ occurs.  Once your team has sub 43%rs against all 55%rs you see “leveling”.  More “ghost” shots and more bounces and more shots into anything but the red tanks occur to help them achive this also. “Rigged” is real in this game now. The days we used to have of 25 wins in a row in tier 10 are long gone mr bearcat it’s saddens alot of us players that have been around as long as you and me. 

Almost true: any game has something called "Dynamics Adjustment difficulty". The purpose is exactly: 1. try to level the players around an average 2. make the game always challenging. It is true the more you win the more you do well the more the game become difficult. Long story short, both with the final purpose to make more profits. Time ago I posted a google link for the WOT algorithm mecha. Pretty sure the WOTB one works in the same way. Who suffer more of this ? the heavy players: I didn't make a specific study but i think if you stay below 10-15 battle per session you have better chance to avoid "negative streak" (we all use to call it in that way but is the game design working as it should).  Do you want call this "rigged" ? I don't think is right otherwise all the games should be defined Rigged. Remember a game is designed to make profit and NOT to be "fair" and always satisfactory. Besides is the same for all the players so take it or leave it. Last: possibly due the unskilled player base it is possible this mechanism is now more aggressive to give to poor performing players a "boost" giving them now and than the joy to kill unicum to win a game etc etc

boris55555 #26 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 28136 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

When you claim the MM is rigged - what exactly do you mean?  Are you saying that players whose name starts with "Boris" will be forced (somehow) to lose?    I'm always confused when people claim the MM is rigged, because they NEVER explain what exactly is getting 'rigged'.

Peace-

Boris

yes, exactly this.
:amazed:6.7/6.8/6.9/6.10/7.0 now we have LAME tanks w broken mechanic “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke.
WATCH THE SPRING MISSILE TOURNAMENTS; SUPERHEAVIES & TRICK SHOTS. Top down non los magic “situational” missiles on a LAME platform is STILL poorly thought out. Urrrrgggg 

4sfield #27 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]
  It’s rough sometimes even in toon. I switchtiers a lot to combat it. Hit me up sometime if your struggling, I’ll toon with you anytime.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

HappySoul #28 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22263 battles
  • [BZO]

Sometimes MM is really better when WG has a tank for sale like today (FCM 50t). Every time there is a sale the odds to win seems to go up for me. Probably WG counts me to be inspired by winnings and jump  trigger on a new purchase :-)

Frankly MM was garbage for a long while (at least a year or two) but got worse recent months because player base seems to be shrinking and no many new players join the crowd.

We stuck with a set of addicted veterans that play too good.

Fortnite is the big guy. Blitz in my opinion is losing its player base to it. Without new players veterans will end up playing against each other, like it or not.

Edited by HappySoul, 13 February 2019 - 02:21 PM.

TheMainframe #29 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10553 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostHappySoul, on 13 February 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Fortnite is the big guy. Blitz in my opinion is losing its player base to it. 

That's speculative. Fortnite is not even the same kind of game as WoT. The only thing they have in common is that shooting is involved. 

I love the ones that need it most.

HappySoul #30 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22263 battles
  • [BZO]

View PostTheMainframe, on 13 February 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

That's speculative. Fortnite is not even the same kind of game as WoT. The only thing they have in common is that shooting is involved. 

My judgement is based on the observation that top blitz players (twister cap winners or just 65% wr + players) that used to stream only blitz content now stream half blitz and half PUBG or Fortnite. Those guys in my opinion feel the trends better than me. Game is still crazy popular in Russia where WG has recently opened the second server to split the traffic but I do not see that game popularity is anyhow growing here in North America. The server population stays the same for months around 2'000-10'000 players depending on the time of the day. 

Edited by HappySoul, 13 February 2019 - 03:07 PM.

_Weeping_Angel_ #31 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Don’t Blink

• Players
  • 59481 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostGrumpy__Pirate, on 12 February 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

MM must be rigged as Boris is ALWAYS on the other team. :coin:

If it was rigged, Boris would always be on YOUR team.  :facepalm:

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 12 February 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Can we all acknowledge that it is at least plausible that there is some sort of algorithm in place that attempts to even out the number of wins and losses?

In order to be rigged then it has to be against and individual.  If everyone is facing the same algorithm then it is not rigged. Have they handicapped the good players with their latest tinkering?  Yes indeed, but everyone is facing that same algorithm so it is not rigged.  You are better off calling it skewed or broken as it is currently running than rigged.  I have lost almost .1 in my WR since they messed with the algorithm and have over 45k games.  My WR tanked as I tried to figure out how to handle the teams I was getting set up with.  I have figured it out for the most part and now have my recent WR back up close to 60% and am working on recovering from that bad stretch.

Edited by _Weeping_Angel_, 13 February 2019 - 03:26 PM.

_Cletus #32 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27886 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 13 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

If it was rigged, Boris would always be on YOUR team.  :facepalm:

In order to be rigged then it has to be against and individual.  If everyone is facing the same algorithm then it is not rigged. Have they handicapped the good players with their latest tinkering?  Yes indeed, but everyone is facing that same algorithm so it is not rigged.  You are better off calling it skewed or broken as it is currently running than rigged.  I have lost almost .1 in my WR since they messed with the algorithm and have over 45k games.  My WR tanked as I tried to figure out how to handle the teams I was getting set up with.  I have figured it out for the most part and now have my recent WR back up close to 60% and am working on recovering from that bad stretch.

My WR is catching fire!  A dumpster fire!  :arta:

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

_Weeping_Angel_ #33 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Don’t Blink

• Players
  • 59481 battles
  • [501DV]

View Post_Cletus, on 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

My WR is catching fire!  A dumpster fire!  :arta:

I just peeked at your stats, :amazed:  ouch.  Mine did the same thing back in Dec.  I struggled to stay above .500.  I took 3 weeks off to lose my toxicity for the game.  Unreal losing streaks, insane how hard I had to carry to get a W.  The MM has changed.  I don't think anyone will argue with that statement.  I just don't see it as rigged.  

I personally wonder if they were tinkering with how they set up MM in ratings battles, which are really just handicapped matches, and added a little of that system to the general population and see what happens.  I hate rating battles because there are so few people in cue that as my rating goes up and up, I get handicapped with worse and worse players to make that individual game "fair" or "even".  But that is a whole different topic.

ABN_Bearcat #34 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41216 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 February 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

I did read it - but you've yet to explain how the game is 'rigged'.  

Are you asking me to believe that the MM is putting those 40%'ers on your team for a specific reason - if so, what is that reason?

If you don't yet understand why tier 9 tanks will be bottom tier more often - then you just have not been paying attention :)

Peace-

Boris

Okay, so how about this. First, see Blartch's reply below. Second, I ran a tier 9 platoon this morning and out of 9 battles only 2 were tier x. Solo and it is the other way. Maybe "rigged" isn't the right word to use with you, but it is clear to me that there is something going on.

View PostBlartch, on 12 February 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

They stated it was, based on some algorithm to provide “challenge.” It’s possible to work around it if you want to bother taking the time.

Please share, because I have the time.

View Post__Crusader6__, on 12 February 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

I don’t think it is rigged.  

Three aspects affect why I don’t feel MM is ‘rigged’ 

1) I think we have all seen enough to know the playerbase is just 90% ‘terribad’.  

2) Tier and Tank type have remarkably affects, which of games where rigged wouldn’t show outliers as much. 

3) Lastly my own experiences over the last 4+ years and 55

However, tier 9 of late has become a train wreck. 

I often toon with the OP.  

It’s a tier that I anticipate a 65%+ WR in these days.  

This month tier 9 has been nearly Always bottom tier. 

I have only played tier 8-10 this month.  

Tier 8 and 10 are over 75% 

Tier 9 a massively disappointing 58.75%

Okay C6 but you only played 63 tier 9 games this month. 

Yes, but this was once my favorite tier, the reason for less tier 9 

54 of those 63 games where low tier.   

Now honestly 9’s can fight X’s if driven well - but even an E 75 driven well has a rough go against an IS-4 or two...

I’ve come to the understanding that in the current meta tier 9 is getting the shaft, and tier X is a better option for WR holding than 9.  

Drive a carry tank, because odds are you will need it. 

Thanks for the input and viewpoint. I think you are spot on. Can't wait to platoon up with you again. :honoring:

_Cletus #35 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27886 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 13 February 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

I just peeked at your stats, :amazed:  ouch.  Mine did the same thing back in Dec.  I struggled to stay above .500.  I took 3 weeks off to lose my toxicity for the game.  Unreal losing streaks, insane how hard I had to carry to get a W.  The MM has changed.  I don't think anyone will argue with that statement.  I just don't see it as rigged.  

I personally wonder if they were tinkering with how they set up MM in ratings battles, which are really just handicapped matches, and added a little of that system to the general population and see what happens.  I hate rating battles because there are so few people in cue that as my rating goes up and up, I get handicapped with worse and worse players to make that individual game "fair" or "even".  But that is a whole different topic.

Yeah I used to play around 60 and my 30 day has now sunk to 50.  At first I thought it was just a losing streak, then I thought it was the tanks I was playing, then I thought maybe I'm losing something in my gameplay, now I don't know.  I'm not saying that my problem is MM, but I'm not not saying that either.  I hate to blame MM because as you say it's the same for everybody.  I do have some excuses:

- I bought a Mutant on the New Years event.  I know it's got big weaknesses, on open maps it's so tall it gets really hard to hide your super thin sides, but I've been really enjoying it anyway so I've been accepting some losses and some crappy survival rates.

- I've been systematically playing higher tiers.  I played a lot of tier 7 for months, very successfully, but I was going credit hungry and I felt like I was always low tier.  So I've started playing tier 8 premiums.  I've been making money and have not been low tier as much but my WR is in the crapper.

- I tried working on mediums, which I've never played much, and died a whole lot.  This happened in the middle of my slump so I've abandoned that stupid idea for now.

All that being said I don't feel like my play is any worse than it was before.  I know my survival rate has taken a real nosedive and I've been making some bad decisions and taking some unnecessary risks, but I think I've always done that, fate favors the bold and all that.  I'm trying not to let myself get discouraged but I'm almost a 40%er now.  Last night I finally went back to my roots and played a couple of games in the KV-1, which went well, so maybe I should just club tier 5.

I am starting to think that while MM is not rigged it might be a little broken right now.  I do feel the problems started with the update, and I don't think it will be fixed soon.  For one thing, WG has to recognize that it's a problem.  If they do then they have to come up with a fix and then add it to an update, and that's at minimum a two month process.  And that's a really optimistic view, like I said, WG recognizing a problem is a big hurdle.

And I could be wrong, it could just be me.  At the end of the day, I'm not the kind of guy who stresses about stats all the time, but I do like to win.  I'm also a big believer in overcoming problems myself regardless of outside influences.  In other words, if other guys can play at 60% with the MM we have, there is no reason I can't, so I need to try harder, play smarter, or drop to tier 5 and try to club with the KV1.

KoV3LiK.jpg

trogvision #36 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Rushing B

• Players
  • 23688 battles
  • [ATO]
Let's face it; there are more bad players playing Blitz than there are good players. So it's only logical that you frequently get more bad players on your team. This is even true for the good players on the red team.

"trash camper suck" -legendario189 on borsig drivers (hint: I was the borsig driver :justwait:)

Proud ace tanker of the Object 263, Lorraine 40t, T49, Mbt-70, Sturer Emil, ISU-130, Progetto M35 Mod. 46, CHURCHILL GAME GOD CARRIER.

Godzillacus #37 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 46549 battles
  • [SRT_]
My WR took a nose dive has others have mentioned. I think its the low tier massacre that is causing this even if I play only Tier 6 and up since then. Teir 1-5 is so painfully boring that many have started playing higher tiers than they normally would, that of course changes "meta". If you don't adjust your play to match the new makeup of teams and skill levels you have problems. Just a theory...........

_Cletus #38 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:35 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27886 battles
  • [III-R]
I feel like the more bad players in my game the better for me.  If red has 7 dummies, and green has 6 dummies plus me [my dummy-hood is debatable] it should be easy for me to carry.  I know there's plenty of games where I have 6 dummies and red has 3 dummies, but the inverse has to be true, right?

KoV3LiK.jpg

krietenstein34 #39 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31749 battles
  • [HAHA]

I've dropped .50 percentage points since they implemented wrecking tier 1 thru 5.   Anybody top that?  Yes, a half percent. Big . 50. 1/2

I'm feast or famine. Mostly famine

:girl:

_Cletus #40 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27886 battles
  • [III-R]
I've only lost .09 off my career....

KoV3LiK.jpg